ADVERTISEMENT

OK So who do you think will finish third

Status
Not open for further replies.

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
You know when I look back at last year it was Baylor and TCU and then everyone else. If one of our teams is going to make the playoffs we need a stronger conference. There are more questions at OK than ever before during the Stoops era. We're at least a year away.

Imo, the teams that can make the most noise this year are OSU & WV because I like their qb's. I thought Skyler Howard played well in the Liberty Bowl it was a very close game. WV's defense is their strong suit this year. From what I've read they got some outstanding receivers ready to replace last year's starters if they can find a rb watch out for them. They also have a 4* qb waiting in the wings.

OSU has a solid program. Last year's senior class was the result of a bad year in recruiting. They're a very experienced team and they appears they will be solid in 2015. Like OSU if they can come up with a solid running game they will be a team to be reckoned with because they seem to have found their qb for the future in Mason Rudolph. He led them 2 wins in their last three games and in the game they lost, Baylor, he was very effective throwing the ball. He's also a good runner. Of course it wouldn't be fb season at OSU if a qb didn't get injured with a back up having to step in. In this case that would be JW Walsh, a fine qb. But this appears to be Rudolph's to lose.

I expect one of these teams maybe both to win at least 9 games and finish in the top twenty. I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but TT is a team to watch if not this year definitely next year. Coach bro had as good a recruiting class as they've ever had out there in West Tx, an outstanding all around class. In Patrick Mahomes they have found their qb for the future. He's the perfect qb for that air raid offense of theirs. Although they lost their last game to Baylor it was a very close game and he absolutely humiliated their secondary. Right now I think he's got that team going in the right direction.

My .02 worth. Thoughts? Hey somebody's gotta contend.

Baylor will finish third.

Look at the gauntlet of teams they play at the end of the season. no way they get through that without a few losses.

Nov. 5, 2015 at Kansas State 6:30 pm CT | Tickets
Nov. 14, 2015 Oklahoma TBA | Tickets
Nov. 21, 2015 at OK State TBA | Tickets
Nov. 27, 2015 at TCU 6:30 pm CT | Tickets
Dec. 5, 2015 Texas TBA | Tickets

I will come out and say it, by the end of the year, I think Texas comes in and kicks their ass. I think this is going to be one Salty team by the end of the year. By the time December rolls around you will see a very veteran offensive line and a defense that will have grown up a lot.

Baylor's schedule reminds me of our 2008 schedule and the gauntlet we had to face. I don't see them getting through it without losing a few battles. Texas gets battle tested early and then we get a string of a few games where we can build momentum before facing Baylor. Like I said, I really like our chances.

I wouldn't be betting the baby's milk money on it if I were you.

if you do the baby's mama is going to be very unhappy!

I don't see Baylor finishing top 2 this season. They'll produce offense and be average on defense. They'll walk through the cupcake OOC, but I don't think they'll beat TCU and I also think there is a good chance they lose up to 3 conference games.

I wouldn't be betting the baby's milk money on it if I were you.

if you do the baby's mama is going to be very unhappy!

I'm not really a betting person, but I'm feeling good about this game. Texas is a very young team especially at QB, WR, and Linebacker. Those groups will be growing up a lot by the end of the year. Once they do, this team is going to be hell to play against.

Still our biggest concern is offensive line, last year we were the youngest oline I have ever seen. Texas is now a lot more experienced but still young. By the end of the year, they are going to be salty, too much talent not to be.

Of course Injuries are still a big issue, and could wreck the season of any team, however, if Texas can keep the team relatively healthy Texas will win.

Baylor has no one with a pulse for the first seven weeks of the season. I'm sure they are going to go into late October with a bunch of blow out wins and title hype. But we've all seen this scenario play out before. That the of schedule always ends in heartache.

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
It's gonna be tcu and everyone else. Ou and Texas will be a little above average but not much more....imo

It's gonna be tcu and everyone else. Ou and Texas will be a little above average but not much more....imo
TCU may not escape both Texas and OU this year, whether either of them should win or not. But, I'll go with TCU over Baylor!

This is TCU'S year to host the prom. Who gets an invite to the dance is totally up to tcu. The only team in our conf that can beat tcu, imho, is tcu.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
My biggest concern about our team this year is inexperience. I keep going back to how our half our team is going to be freshman.

If Baylor does not raise the bar on defense they will continue to fall short.

TCU came under the radar last season.

But because TCU and Baylor seem to be set at qb I have them at one and two.

Baylor will finish third.

Look at the gauntlet of teams they play at the end of the season. no way they get through that without a few losses.

Nov. 5, 2015 at Kansas State 6:30 pm CT | Tickets
Nov. 14, 2015 Oklahoma TBA | Tickets
Nov. 21, 2015 at OK State TBA | Tickets
Nov. 27, 2015 at TCU 6:30 pm CT | Tickets
Dec. 5, 2015 Texas TBA | Tickets

I will come out and say it, by the end of the year, I think Texas comes in and kicks their ass. I think this is going to be one Salty team by the end of the year. By the time December rolls around you will see a very veteran offensive line and a defense that will have grown up a lot.

Baylor's schedule reminds me of our 2008 schedule and the gauntlet we had to face. I don't see them getting through it without losing a few battles. Texas gets battle tested early and then we get a string of a few games where we can build momentum before facing Baylor. Like I said, I really like our chances.

Wastch....all due respect....that is a formidable gauntlet, but it is Nothing like what we faced in 2008. Seems like everybody we faced in our run was a top 10 team....that will not be the case for Baylor this year. I hope it is, but there is no way.

Other than that ....solid post!

My biggest concern about our team this year is inexperience. I keep going back to how our half our team is going to be freshman.

If Baylor does not raise the bar on defense they will continue to fall short.

TCU came under the radar last season.

But because TCU and Baylor seem to be set at qb I have them at one and two.
Why does Baylor seem set at QB? Last I heard they hadn't named a QB yet and a true freshman is making a serious push for the job. Granted the system may be plug and play, but I wouldn't say they are set.

Why does Baylor seem set at QB? Last I heard they hadn't named a QB yet and a true freshman is making a serious push for the job. Granted the system may be plug and play, but I wouldn't say they are set.

It just seems like Baylor is on a roll with qb's right. My Baylor cousin follows them closely and he told me this new kid Seth Russell is certain to be a star. I don't know if they have a plug and play offense. I want to wait and see how Petty does in tye NFL.

It won't be Texas or OK. We will be middle of the pack this year. Maybe it's Iowa states turn?!

People forget how tough we played Baylor last year . . . and we terrible on offense. Hells, Bells . . . if we have egg shell head in there for our QB and not Swoopes we might even win that game.

So given that . . . I don't see how Baylor beats TCU this year with a brand new QB. TCU's D was just a good/better as ours last year and their offense was/is light years ahead. I think it's TCU then everyone else. I do agree with those who say UT will be very good by the end of the season. Lookout Baylor!

my 2 cents

Baylor goes undefeated and gets left out of the playoffs.....due to their OOC schedule......with a 9-3 LSU getting the last playoff spot over Baylor.....then they get stomped in a Bowl game.......again. lol

What was the Baylor record in conference the year before Brice Petty took over for two season? Was it 4-5? Were they 8-5 overall? I think they take a step back this year with the departure of Brice Petty....TCU is the clear front runner and I'm not even sure Baylor will finish runner up. Congrats on those back to back conference titles in a down big 12....

The Nick Foles era. They were 4-5. Their offense was good, but their defense was terrible. Exponentially worse than their terrible defense right now. I think it's wishful thinking to assume they will sink back to that level. Their recruiting has improved a lot since then, so while they are breaking in a new QB the players around him will be better. It's still TCU's conference to lose, but after that unless Heard is the next great one I don't see what teams are going to challenge Baylor for 2nd.

The Nick Foles era. They were 4-5. Their offense was good, but their defense was terrible. Exponentially worse than their terrible defense right now. I think it's wishful thinking to assume they will sink back to that level. Their recruiting has improved a lot since then, so while they are breaking in a new QB the players around him will be better. It's still TCU's conference to lose, but after that unless Heard is the next great one I don't see what teams are going to challenge Baylor for 2nd.
Nick Florence whom followed RGIII. I won't be a bit surprised to see an oversold team lose 3-4 games. They aren't going to lose those cupcake non-con games...

OU 9-0 in conference. Hang on against Texas and KSU. Upset BAylor in Waco. Demolish TCU in Norman. Escape OSU who is also unbeaten in last game of season. Scholtzie, go have a stroke!

OU 9-0 in conference. Hang on against Texas and KSU. Upset BAylor in Waco. Demolish TCU in Norman. Escape OSU who is also unbeaten in last game of season. Scholtzie, go have a stroke!

Gee, you're dumb. Your team has a lot questions homeboy. More than at any time during the Stoops era. Take your silly a** blinders off.

Last edited:
Did you mean to say Get demolished by TCU in Norman? If so, the rest of this is possible (excluding the unbeaten Okie lite).

Almost every year you horns declare Baylor to lose several games, over rated, no defense. Well, you boys are blind or not too smart, and I don't see too many blind folks walking around Austin campus.

Guys, we won the freaking Big 12 two years running and had 11 wins, each year. We destroyed the toads last year with over 700 yards of offense to their over 400. Their sweating fat coach gave up at the end and stated that he didn't believe his defense could stop Baylor again, and he was correct. We stomped OU in Norman, like dogs, and you think they are coming to Waco to beat us?

You boys were very fortunate to lose by only 21 points last year, yet you celebrate that as some type victory. Guys, 21 points is a lot!!

Now, I do like your defensive coordinator and his defensive play calling. He is a good one. And I am hoping a decent QB will give you guys some more victories and turn your program around. And I don't blame you for wanting to have hope, but not against Baylor, not this year in Waco, Texas.

And you can write this down, barring unforeseen injury to Seth Russell, we are gonna beat the toads in cowtown. We will destroy the gooners again in Waco. Our biggest challenge will be at that circus in Stillwater, with all those goofballs beating those paddles behind our team against that wall. I don't understand how that continues to be legal .

If we can overcome our mental midget problems at that game, we may make it to the final 4, undefeated.

Good luck with your season, and I hope you win them all, except that bloodbath in Waco on the Brazos. It ain't gonna be pretty for you boys!

Almost every year you horns declare Baylor to lose several games, over rated, no defense. Well, you boys are blind or not too smart, and I don't see too many blind folks walking around Austin campus.

Guys, we won the freaking Big 12 two years running and had 11 wins, each year. We destroyed the toads last year with over 700 yards of offense to their over 400. Their sweating fat coach gave up at the end and stated that he didn't believe his defense could stop Baylor again, and he was correct. We stomped OU in Norman, like dogs, and you think they are coming to Waco to beat us?

You boys were very fortunate to lose by only 21 points last year, yet you celebrate that as some type victory. Guys, 21 points is a lot!!

Now, I do like your defensive coordinator and his defensive play calling. He is a good one. And I am hoping a decent QB will give you guys some more victories and turn your program around. And I don't blame you for wanting to have hope, but not against Baylor, not this year in Waco, Texas.

And you can write this down, barring unforeseen injury to Seth Russell, we are gonna beat the toads in cowtown. We will destroy the gooners again in Waco. Our biggest challenge will be at that circus in Stillwater, with all those goofballs beating those paddles behind our team against that wall. I don't understand how that continues to be legal .

If we can overcome our mental midget problems at that game, we may make it to the final 4, undefeated.

Good luck with your season, and I hope you win them all, except that bloodbath in Waco on the Brazos. It ain't gonna be pretty for you boys!
eat me

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT