ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any Horror Movie Fans? See The First Omen

RicoHoward

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2016
Let me preface this with the fact that my brother worked on the film, The First Omen. So I am biased. And would also love any and all support for the movie.

But I also believe the movie is amazing. Especially if you are a horror fan.

It is a prequel to 1976 film, The Omen. And it is one of those rare prequels that honors the original AND enhances it while also feeling fresh and additive to the series. As a pure horror genre film, it plays with and subverts classic horror tropes. The performances are great, but in particular, Nell Tiger Free is INCREDIBLE. You might recognize her as Myrcella from Game of Thrones. She is also the lead in the AppleTV M. Night Shyamalan show, The Servant. Based on her work in The Servant and now The First Omen, I truly believe she is the next STAR in horror.

The imagery is stunning. The editing and pacing are tight (Finally a movie that is not 3 hours). The movie beautifully moves from scares to laughs to plot to emotion in a way that keeps you constantly engaged. The movie uses horror as a vehicle to explore deeper themes. And it has some wild scenes that are unlike anything else you will see in a theater.

The movie comes out this weekend. Can't recommend it enough and especially if you want to support an OB's family member. Sharing the trailer and some of the initial buzz...avoid spoilers please!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News