ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Medical Stay

downlowaccess

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2007
San Angelo
My fiancés dad was involved in a really bad accident. He was transported to UMC in Lubbock. He had dislocated both shoulders, both hips, broke three ribs, broken fibula, and a ton of bumps and bruises. He had hip surgery.

The problem we’re running into is that he had lost his job last month because of a sciatic nerve problem in his leg causing him to limp. The company is taking its time to send him the Cobra info as they have 14 days to send it from request. I don’t think they were aware they were to send that to him.

The problem is that the hospital wants to release him mainly because he doesn’t have insurance because the Cobra hasn’t gone through. He can not move and needs rehab. They have informed us that they will not send him to rehab without insurance or without us paying in full.

Is there anything that anyone recommends? I feel he’s really being rushed to leave on the sole fact that we’re waiting on Cobra. He, can barely move and they don’t even have proper transportation for him. Thanks in advance for any help!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News