ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Orlando police

the best explanation you will ever get about elected officials...dont mind the 10 second ad...it is worth the wait

Reactions: oldschoolcat
I agree with term limits for congressmen and senators..give em each 6 years to serve and then send a bus over and haul every last one of them to prison....there wont be an innocent man in the bunch.
Agree. Also glad to see the legal process on amnesty ruled on fair and square by the Supreme Court.

SWVAHORN, I'm not as focused on the executive branch of government as I am on the legislative branch. They've reduced the roll of what was once an honorable position to hold, to something that seems like middle school children in a food fight Both sides, mind you. And what's worse, they're doing WHILE enriching themselves with, what appears to be, little thought of being held legally accountable. Lobbyists, many of whom I consider the scum of the earth, are basically allowed to bribe these elected officials into doing their bidding. Now I KNOW you know that's true. And how many are actually punished for it? Less than 1%?

My point is, if WE did our jobs that way, WE would be fired and prosecuted-- period. You were in the military so I know yoy know at least something about classified information. We both know that if it were YOU under investigation like some politicians are, you'd be pulling a stint in Leavenworth. The same rules don't apply to them. They gerrymandering districts, they take money from special interest groups and call it "campaign funding", they ride on private jets to multi-million dollar resorts paid for by oil companies, or tobacco, or the NRA or whomever. They are very rarely held accountable-- and why?

Fear. They lack fear. From their ivory tower they lack the ability to know what it's like to fear repercussion. I'm sure you've seen the TV series "Scared Straight".... What will it take to "scare" these people into actually doing the right thing for our country-- instead of for themselves. I believe a republic is the best form of government out there- no doubt! But it's only as good as the people in charge of that-- and if you can honestly, honestly, look me on the eyes and tell me that if we made a tweek or two, that our government wouldn't be better off, I don't know what to tell you.
Example-

IF 8 years is long enough for a president, then why not for a congressman? I get Senators have a longer term, but what's so wrong with term limitations? Go to Washington, do your civic duty, then go back to your civilian life. Problem is, they don't WANT to go back, and fight tooth and nail NOT to. Do you honestly think they'll ever pass that? No way in hell. Even if they held a general vote of every American and it passed 3 to 1 in favor, Congress would never impose it. When I speak of tyranny, when I speak of corruption, when I speak of doing the right thing, this is one of my biggest talking points.
And SWVAHORN, I know as a former military man you took an oath. You swore an oath to the American citizens that you would defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. How did you feel when you discovered that your emails and phone calls and Google searches were being cataloged without a warrant? That's a violation of the 4th ammendment. And by the way, if you're ever charged with any crime, they're able to take the info that they illegally collected from you and use it to incriminate you. That's a 5th amendment violation.

We know this happened. We know the constitution has been violated by both parties. It's not debatable. All I'm saying is, when we citizens aren't able to hold our elected officials responsible for violating some of the most sacred laws we have, and we have no recourse of action.......... other than a solitary VOTE........ it is a bit depressing.

The problem is people do not vote (especially in local elections). We are lazy and entitled. We don't want to learn about issues. We want to have gut reactions to statements without having an educated viewpoint (why Trump polls well).

How many people know what their Texas congressman's stance is? US Congressman? Senator? I'm guilty of it too. You ever to to the ballot on a local election? Holy hell the amount of judges is astounding. But that's where it starts.

Ridiculous in my opinion. Republicans just as dumb for allowing while doing nothing. Someone please explain how this makes sense?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-avoid-oath-allegiance-pledge-defend-america/
It's a politically slanted article BUT you have to realize something-

Democrats aren't stupid. The vast majority of immigrants, both legal and illegal, if they are of ethnic groups other than Caucasian, tend to vote Dem. Right now, the hot button issue being pushed on social media is----- gun control. Mexico and much of central and south America have relatively strict gun laws. Those people coming here don't own guns-- soooo, a simple thing like shifting the narrative toward "don't pledge your allegiance to guns" is just one party's way of looking waaaaaaay further down the road. Like the Mormon religion saying years ago that you should have 6 kids---- they are playing the LONG game.

Reactions: Belldozer1
People could care less about the truth. As long as they get to read what they want to and it makes "their side" look right. Damn.

www.truthorfiction.com/obama-changes-oath-of-allegiance-for-new-americans/

Does the truth matter to anyone anymore?? Really? I mean if it goes against what you WANT to be true do you still want to know the truth? I do. Whether I like it or not I want the truth. I am beginning to wonder about how people go through life with so much hate and so many lies going through their head.??

Last edited:
I don't really like getting into conversations like this but I found this article. http://fortune.com/2016/06/26/untraceable-ar-15-gadget/
He's been operating in Austin for a few years. I think he was a UT law school drop out.

Look man, anybody with a milling machine and a laithe can make an AR style weapon that's untraceable. The way the ATF tracks weapons is two fold- serial numbers and barrel twist. Every barrel is unique and leaves a "finger print" on the bullet as the bullet travels through it. It will always leave that finger print. That's why when you buy a gun, it comes with a little envelope that has a spent she'll casing in it. That gun has already been fired into a tank of water, the bullet collected and matched with the serial numbers from that gun. If a bullet is ever found at a crime scene, they look at the markings on it and match it up in the data base with the "test bullet". Viola, now you have the serial number and know who last owned that gun.

He's been operating in Austin for a few years. I think he was a UT law school drop out.

Look man, anybody with a milling machine and a laithe can make an AR style weapon that's untraceable. The way the ATF tracks weapons is two fold- serial numbers and barrel twist. Every barrel is unique and leaves a "finger print" on the bullet as the bullet travels through it. It will always leave that finger print. That's why when you buy a gun, it comes with a little envelope that has a spent she'll casing in it. That gun has already been fired into a tank of water, the bullet collected and matched with the serial numbers from that gun. If a bullet is ever found at a crime scene, they look at the markings on it and match it up in the data base with the "test bullet". Viola, now you have the serial number and know who last owned that gun.
I'm not so sure that works anymore. I think current guns are so alike that all you can say of a bullet is "that's a glock" or "that's a sig". Most of my rifles have been rebarrelled anyway.

In light of the recent Supreme Court vote essentially stopping Obamas amnesty plan what is the timeline involved to comply. I've seen Obama say there's no rush just curious what the expectation is. Obviously not having those votes are going to hurt Hillary's chances one would think at least. I was reading that individual states may be able to handle deportations themselves if so Texas will probably be fairly proactive, our Governor doesn't mess around and I believe it was his lawsuit against the Obama Admin. That got this whole ball rolling if I recall correctly?

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that works anymore. I think current guns are so alike that all you can say of a bullet is "that's a glock" or "that's a sig". Most of my rifles have been rebarrelled anyway.
TX1972,

If you buy a gun brand new, legally, that gun has been test fired by the manufacturer and the bullet examined by the ATF for the barrel markings. If you rebarrel a gun, then it changes the profile of the markings. This is why I said anybody with a milling machine and a laithe can make a weapon.

I can promise you with absolute certainty that if you commit a crime and leave behind a projectile, if that gun was bought in the last 10-15 years legally, they are going to identify you in no time flat.

TX1972,

If you buy a gun brand new, legally, that gun has been test fired by the manufacturer and the bullet examined by the ATF for the barrel markings. If you rebarrel a gun, then it changes the profile of the markings. This is why I said anybody with a milling machine and a laithe can make a weapon.

I can promise you with absolute certainty that if you commit a crime and leave behind a projectile, if that gun was bought in the last 10-15 years legally, they are going to identify you in no time flat.
Slow down. Yes, the guns are test fired. But they are so uniform that the bullets all look alike for each model. Now all the big manufacturers use investment casting and cnc machining such that the guns are essentially identical. The bullets all look alike.

Does the truth matter to anyone anymore?? Really? I mean if it goes against what you WANT to be true do you still want to know the truth? I do. Whether I like it or not I want the truth. I am beginning to wonder about how people go through life with so much hate and so many lies going through their head.?? Would you rather ignore the truth and be right or want the truth and be wrong?

ANYBODY?? Have we lost our honor? Do you lie to yourself when you look in the mirror? I see things that are said that WE ALL KNOW ARE NOT TRUE!! Yet people run with it and will argue you up and down that it is (and they know it is not). Is this some kind of new phenomena?

I am really curious.

I worked as bartender at a nightclub at night in college. The owner had 4-5 uniformed armed local policemen who were off duty at the front door who starred everyone down as they paid their cover charge to enter the club. I never saw any problems. This served as a tremendous deterrent to any want to be bad guys for they wouldn't have gotten very far. It worked then and it would still work today.

Does the truth matter to anyone anymore?? Really? I mean if it goes against what you WANT to be true do you still want to know the truth? I do. Whether I like it or not I want the truth. I am beginning to wonder about how people go through life with so much hate and so many lies going through their head.?? Would you rather ignore the truth and be right or want the truth and be wrong?

ANYBODY?? Have we lost our honor? Do you lie to yourself when you look in the mirror? I see things that are said that WE ALL KNOW ARE NOT TRUE!! Yet people run with it and will argue you up and down that it is (and they know it is not). Is this some kind of new phenomena?

I am really curious.
The truth is simply a narrative these days man. What professionals like politicians do is they say "Hey, vote to pass my bill because it helps orphans and widows that are blind". What they neglect to mention is that the sane bill that helps widows and orphans also has pork barrel spending in it that's ear marked for tobacco companies to study the effects of nicotine on puffer fish- or some other such useless government spending. So when a congressman from the opposite side verbally opposes the bill, the congressman that wrote the bill runs around and screams "Congressman so and so hates widows and orphans! He's opposed to my bill!"

That's what's happened to the truth my brother. It's cherry picked only when it fits your agenda.

The truth is simply a narrative these days man. What professionals like politicians do is they say "Hey, vote to pass my bill because it helps orphans and widows that are blind". What they neglect to mention is that the sane bill that helps widows and orphans also has pork barrel spending in it that's ear marked for tobacco companies to study the effects of nicotine on puffer fish- or some other such useless government spending. So when a congressman from the opposite side verbally opposes the bill, the congressman that wrote the bill runs around and screams "Congressman so and so hates widows and orphans! He's opposed to my bill!"

That's what's happened to the truth my brother. It's cherry picked only when it fits your agenda.
The truth is the truth. It can't be changed. It is only the truth. I am not talking about bills or things like that. I am talking about people saying for instance Obama is trying to invade Texas......or Clinton killed so and so to keep him quiet......or Immigrants get 50 grand from the U.S. government to help them get "started"...this is one going around now. It is not a "version" of the truth. It is a lie.

If I am on tape saying "I hate sharks and I think they all should die" on monday and then on tuesday I say "I love sharks and they should be protected" then it is not the truth....it is a lie. This is what I mean.

None of us should have an "agenda". We should want to know the facts. How can we make decisions when it is based on lies and foolishness?

I respect people who can give you a coherent argument as to why it should be "liberal" or "conservative" without the idiotic nonsense. Because at the end of the day it is an opinion. Now opinions can't be spouted as facts..although some do it. I like blue and you like red. Just because you can't understand in your wildest dreams WHY I like blue doesn't make liking blue wrong. Get it?

All of us have to start trying to find the truth. As close as we possibly can. Yes some things we have to go on opinion or instinct but we can't just make stuff up. I can't count the times someone would tell me something and then later finding out there was no truth to it. I was buying a gun a few months ago and some guys were talking......1 said to the other "did you hear about obama saying he hated the U.S. military?" I was pissed. Went home and started trying to find out what was said.....it was all BS. Mass emails. People actually believed this crap. It takes away from the reality of differing policies and things like that because of the nonsense.

Problem is man, with the way the media has biases these days, both left and right, it's dang near impossible to find the truth. You'd have to be standing there watching when said event happened in order to know the truth. Then the back story starts- the "how, when, why, where, who" part of the story that maybe you weren't witness to, and because someone wants to fit it into their political narrative, or wants to capitalize on it in some way, you get a slanted view of the truth.

Swvahorn are you seeing now why I'm so pissed at our elected officials? THEY ALL DO THIS! They slant part of the truth to fit their agenda. I can handle the stooopid people on the street spouting lies and half truths, but when it comes from elected officials---- it makes me want to crater their face with my fist.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Problem is man, with the way the media has biases these days, both left and right, it's dang near impossible to find the truth. You'd have to be standing there watching when said event happened in order to know the truth. Then the back story starts- the "how, when, why, where, who" part of the story that maybe you weren't witness to, and because someone wants to fit it into their political narrative, or wants to capitalize on it in some way, you get a slanted view of the truth.

Swvahorn are you seeing now why I'm so pissed at our elected officials? THEY ALL DO THIS! They slant part of the truth to fit their agenda. I can handle the stooopid people on the street spouting lies and half truths, but when it comes from elected officials---- it makes me want to crater their face with my fist.
I do see what you mean. I hate the pick-a-news that you agree with culture we have. Do you believe the "mass" media tells lies, half-truths and doesn't give us the whole story? Does the news only report liberal views? I try to stay away from the far left and far right but can I get the truth on ANY media?

I am with you big time on the term limits! I hate the constant campaigning to stay in office. I also think campaign finance reform needs to happen NOW. Too much big money in politics. I know wealth is power but damn it has gotten crazy!

Water is wet, the sky is blue and the media tells lies. Not all the time-- just when something happens that doesn't fit their agenda. Then they slant it toward their narrative.

Water is wet, the sky is blue and the media tells lies. Not all the time-- just when something happens that doesn't fit their agenda. Then they slant it toward their narrative.
Do you think the narrative is always to the "liberal" side? What is the medias agenda? I am very proud to say I do care about my country. I care if I am being told the truth or not. Does the media have something to gain by lying? Or are most people who are journalists just liberal for some reason? I have seen the media get crushed for the last 20 years or so.

Maybe I am naive. I don't think everything is a conspiracy. For heavens sake the Climate is political now. If I say I think we should take care of the environment I am a treehugger liberal. If I say I love to shoot guns at the range then I am a gun nut right winger. I get crushed by dems and repubs because I fight for issues on both sides. lol

Look man, when you start caring what others think of you, you've already lost. Does the military "not tell the truth" about covert operations? Does the CIA do the same? Does the President tell you everything, or does he lie by omission or just invoke "national security" and the issue is dropped? This is done to protect a narrative. Whether it's people, ops, Intel, or investigations you're not getting "the truth".

You think the media is any different? My grandma told me once----- waaaaaaay back in the late 70's.....

"Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

I apply that to every faction of my life- which is why before the Brexit vote, I shorted the British Pound.

Do you think the narrative is always to the "liberal" side? What is the medias agenda? I am very proud to say I do care about my country. I care if I am being told the truth or not. Does the media have something to gain by lying? Or are most people who are journalists just liberal for some reason? I have seen the media get crushed for the last 20 years or so.

Maybe I am naive. I don't think everything is a conspiracy. For heavens sake the Climate is political now. If I say I think we should take care of the environment I am a treehugger liberal. If I say I love to shoot guns at the range then I am a gun nut right winger. I get crushed by dems and repubs because I fight for issues on both sides. lol

The news knows that most people cannot think for themselves. If you want to find out how America reacts just go read forums, facebook, instagram etc..people cannot think for themselves. I'm not saying I don't believe certain things but I do some research before reacting. There are a LOT of people out there that are too lazy though to go check for themselves. I compare these media lies and propaganda crap to weight loss commercials. Most people know eating right will keep you lean but the mass always want an easy way to lose weight. My point is if you want the truth sometimes you have to stop and think (research) instead of just taking the medias word for it just because it's the easiest thing to do.

The news knows that most people cannot think for themselves. If you want to find out how America reacts just go read forums, facebook, instagram etc..people cannot think for themselves. I'm not saying I don't believe certain things but I do some research before reacting. There are a LOT of people out there that are too lazy though to go check for themselves. I compare these media lies and propaganda crap to weight loss commercials. Most people know eating right will keep you lean but the mass always want an easy way to lose weight. My point is if you want the truth sometimes you have to stop and think (research) instead of just taking the medias word for it just because it's the easiest thing to do.
What is sad is we live in the information age. It is not hard to find out about something that you really want to know about. It bugs me that some people would rather hear a lie they agree with than the truth that they do not.

Well... there is one big difference. (I'm not saying if you don't like Obama, you are a racist. I'm just speaking about those people in that exact situation)
It seems though that some folks really do believe if you don't like Obama then you are racist. I would like to point out that a lot of folks including myself see Obama trying to override authority to promote his agenda because he didn't like the answer he was getting from Congress and write new law into existence on immigration and get very frustrated by it. There is a legal process. Its been done in the past, I believe Bush did it for some that were serving in the military but not just carte Blanche by the millions upon millions, at least not that I'm aware of. Now I know, obviously the amnesty plan had a built in democrat vote that carried along with it which probably aggravates me more so. But, it was voted on by the Supreme Court the other day and here we are. I was talking with some Hispanic oilfield workers (they are here legally) the other day that were literally laughing at the demonstrators outside the Trump rally in San Antonio. These folks are hard working Americans and even they were appalled at the video footage of Hispanics stomping the American flag and raising the Mexican flag. It's all coming to a head soon. These guys have no problem with a wall being built or whatever it takes to enforce the immigration laws on the books. Why are minorities protesting? Do they just want open borders? I keep hearing about immigration reform needed. Why? Is it too hard to expect people to abide by laws anymore?

Last edited:
Bell, they don't subscribe to our laws. They see themselves as "Americanos". And technically, they are. "Norte Americanos". And as North Americans, they feel they have the right to live in any nation in North America.

It's a common theme I see even in states as far away as Sinaloa. I've fished the Sierra Madre mountains a dozen times at least, and had hundreds of conversations with educated Mexicans who believe that this continent belongs to everybody. That's their "social" view. It's their "cultural" view.

Now go down to the valley- McAllen, Edinburg, Harlingen, Brownsville-- even Mexican immigrants will tell you they don't want more immigrants coming in because--------- THEY may lose their jobs! They've gotten their piece of the American pie and now it's in their best interest to try and keep it. And if someone comes along willing to work just as hard, for less- they could lose their job. Self preservation at its finest.

The VERY small numbers (compared to the over all populace) that protest border laws do so because-- frankly-- they don't have jobs, or they are pseudo social activists, or they are compelled to act out of their own racial bias. True, some still have families in Mexico or other nations that they want to bring up here- but that's not the majority.

Wouldn't the ways to STOP illegal immigration be to 1. Put anyone who hires an illegal in jail 2. Fine the crap out of anyone who hires an illegal ??

They are not coming to the U.S. if there is no job for them to work. I have not lived in Texas for several years now but when I was growing up there people who had money were the ones hiring illegals. It sure wasn't poor people hiring them.

Wouldn't the ways to STOP illegal immigration be to 1. Put anyone who hires an illegal in jail 2. Fine the crap out of anyone who hires an illegal ??

They are not coming to the U.S. if there is no job for them to work. I have not lived in Texas for several years now but when I was growing up there people who had money were the ones hiring illegals. It sure wasn't poor people hiring them.

You forgot it sure wasn't an illegal hiring them as well. An American hired an illegal to do a job that an American didn't want to do.

True. Do you think it would slow down illegals if they changed some laws and went after the people who hire them?

Of course but how do you fill in the void? I can tell you from experience that Americans don't want to work farms, construction, roads, cleaning etc.. I'm not dogging any person that has to work those jobs I'm just stating the truth. If Americans really wanted to work manual labor like those jobs we wouldn't even have an issue. Also we want everything fast and cheap! I have a friend that owns a company that's in the same work as landscaping and always tells me that someone is looking for a hand out. He's not speaking about the people he has to hire but the people he's trying to work with that have $300K + homes. America is looking for the fastest and cheapest way to get something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texxxxas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT