ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Packages Exploding

Actually there have been 3 and saying all related. The first was on March 2nd, and the victim later died. Packages are not going through the Postal service, which means being dropped off.

Sick person.

I know that somebody on here can't stand the bumbling fbi...... and also has a kid that trains dps..... so I'm wondering if the Rangers take the lead on this because, technically, a federal crime has not been committed yet. Now I know if state and local law enforcement say the majic words "it's terrorism" then at that point the feds take over.

I'd like to know more about the profiles of the victims but the media is being rather tight lipped. I can't surmise a connection......yet. But what we know so far is--

This person is talented. Unabomber (a guy with a 160 IQ) took several bombs before he got his first victim. Building a bomb is easy..... but building a bomb that will detonate when it's opened is hard. That involves pressure switches of some sort. This guy is mechanically inclined or has some form of formal or informal training. He's patient. You have to be. How many impatient bomb makers have you ever read about?
He lives in the austin area. He probably lives alone. The police chief said "even if the package has your name on it and a return address on it...." that tells me that the guy MAY have known these people....... or at least knew their name.

His first bomb worked, so he followed that up less than two weeks later with TWO bombs. That's talent and drive. He's practiced this before in the past. He's good at it. His first bomb didn't really draw any attention but these two did...... perhaps that's why he built two.

He won't make the same mistakes Unabomber did and release a manifesto or establish communications with authorities because he's smart. Crazy ppl buy guns and shoot folks up, this dude isn't crazy. He's calculating.

Look for him to go quiet for a while. There's just too much heat out there right now.

Just spitballing......

Reactions: LonghornMM
Still say someone’s video doorbell took a picture of this idiot. I believe he’s on camera, someone just has to figure out where.

The perpetrator could be driving an Amazon delivery van. Keep your eyes open and be suspicious of the white vans.

Regardless, hand delivering bombs to doorsteps doesn't seem very smart unless he wants to get caught. Even if there are no doorbell cams present there are always looky lous on any street.

But the $25,000 question is.......why? Unabomber had a bone to pick with society regarding the enslavement by technology. (BTW, for those of you that thought that dude was just some loon, read his manifesto. It's fvcking creepy how correct this guy was at his future predictions)
He had a societal agenda. This guy, so far, doesn't seem like some altruistic individual with a message to preach. He seems like a dude just blowing up poor folks and old ladies.

But the $25,000 question is.......why? Unabomber had a bone to pick with society regarding the enslavement by technology. (BTW, for those of you that thought that dude was just some loon, read his manifesto. It's fvcking creepy how correct this guy was at his future predictions)
He had a societal agenda. This guy, so far, doesn't seem like some altruistic individual with a message to preach. He seems like a dude just blowing up poor folks and old ladies.

The Unabomber was just a nut blowing up folks for quite awhile until it was pieced together that he was some evil genius.

Tted Kaczynski's IQ is off the charts. Dude is Mensa smart. Thing is, he had no social skills, was socially awkward and a recluse. For whatever reason, he hated technology and chose to make his point by blowing up people. I'm not sure if he's ever admitted the real reason why he resorted to bombing people.

I know that somebody on here can't stand the bumbling fbi...... and also has a kid that trains dps..... so I'm wondering if the Rangers take the lead on this because, technically, a federal crime has not been committed yet. Now I know if state and local law enforcement say the majic words "it's terrorism" then at that point the feds take over.

thats me Clob......and all I know is, if this guy is gonna be stopped quickly, we all better hope it is the Rangers leading the investigation instead of the dumbass FBI

Reactions: freeper
thats me Clob......and all I know is, if this guy is gonna be stopped quickly, we all better hope it is the Rangers leading the investigation instead of the dumbass FBI
I don't know what your relationship is with-- or if you have any knowledge of how the ATF is.... from a competency stand point....

all I know about the ATF is that in the Waco deal, they decided the op was too big to let the McClennon county sheriff in on so the siege began. The sheriff asked them....why didnt you let me know you wanted this guy? I could have picked him up any day...

Then they were the genius' behind Obama's Fast and furious operation. Long way around saying I dont think they could lead a pack of wolves to meat.

all I know about the ATF is that in the Waco deal, they decided the op was too big to let the McClennon county sheriff in on so the siege began. The sheriff asked them....why didnt you let me know you wanted this guy? I could have picked him up any day...

Then they were the genius' behind Obama's Fast and furious operation. Long way around saying I dont think they could lead a pack of wolves to meat.
Solid copy.

Reactions: Cotton #12
There's a theory that the victims are connected -- or were supposed to be connected. Two of the victims are activists in E. Austin, I believe the Statesman said. The 3rd victim is 2 doors down from someone with the same last name (Mason) as one of the activists.

Theory is that the nut-job killer has something against Mason. But this assumes that the killer would make a huge mistake like that, bombing the wrong person, 2 doors down.

The bomb parts are all common items / chemicals that lots of folks buy. Nothing special that would alert the authorities. That's also scary.

I've never felt the need to install video cameras anywhere near or inside my property, but this makes me think twice about that.

Stay safe, y'all.

So Horns RuleU....you want to install that camera so your heirs will know who to blame/thank for doing you in?

Reactions: HornsRuleU
OldHorn,

I said I was thinking twice, not installing a system. ;-) But if it were a problem, yeah, I'd want the long arm of the law to be able to nail the person who's doing this.

Not much crime in my neighborhood, AFAIK. A lot of honest, hard-working Latinos, mostly. The worst I have to worry about is fireworks on my roof, and loud Tejano. My neighbor across the narrow street seems to think he needs 2-3 vehicles per person, or else he's got 3 families in there. No hablan mucho conmigo.

What you need to do is start chatting them up....the next time a pachanga is taking place, drop off a cold case of beer. If you ever get the invite, you will eat better than you have in a while.

I love hispanics. Generally they are hard working, family oriented, and will never ever forget that at one time you had their back......and can cook something wonderful.

EMS responding to possible bombing in SW Austin this evening. Near the Y in Oak Hill.

Well...... allegedly two more bombs in southwest austin...... oak Hill area.

This guy is just begging to be caught (assuming it's him and not a copycat or unrelated event). You made national news with two bombs back to back and you tempt fate by going into an affluent area of austin and leaving your bombs? This doesn't add up.............. this guy is obviously smart, but this is a stupid act.... I has confused...

Stephen House, 39, was killed on the morning of March 2, and Draylen Mason, 17, died on the morning of March 12. Both were African-American members of the same church, Nelson Linder, the local NAACP chapter president, told NBC News last week.

Mason's 41-year-old mother was critically injured in the explosion. Just before noon on March 12, a third bombing critically injured a 75-year-old Hispanic woman, Esperanza Herrera.

Linder added that someone connected to the House or Mason families was the intended target in the third explosion, although he declined to provide additional details.

Asked Sunday whether the bombings were racially motivated, Manley said it's possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT