ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question for real estate agents...

Bevo5

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2014
Last summer, my wife and I were supposed to move to Richmond and we went a few months with a great agent doing virtual tours etc. etc. etc. We put bids on probably 8 houses but lost them all, which ended up being good because things worked out that we wanted to stay in town one more year. We ended up paying the agent some money to compensate for her time/gas/etc. but I'm sure she was pissed.

Anyway. Fast forward to now - someone has offered to sell us a great house, in a great location, direct. We toured, and she gave us the paperwork she has on comps and things seem pretty good for the area. All reasonable. She's a friend and will let us get inspection etc.

My question for you agents here - I was going to write our previous agent and see what she might charge to review things and give us any advice or check the comps etc., for a fee of course. Is that something that is OK to ask or is just a stick in the eye since she won't get the typical commission?

I don't want to insult her or piss her off, but if I can pay her a few K to give us her breakdown on prices in the area etc. it would be valuable to us.

Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News