ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UT an Elite Research University

Scholz

Jul 22, 2005
UT Austin Ranks No. 19 in World for High-Impact Science Research - No. 8 among all U.S. universities

http://news.utexas.edu/2015/06/23/u...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=UTAustinSocial

For those who question the need for research universities (and want to turn them into cheap diploma mills), basic scientific research has long been of key importance in the development of really revolutionary new ideas and products. Early basic research on human cell biology, on electronics, or on radio waves has ended up producing genetic therapies, semiconductors and computers, or GPS systems. Those early scientific studies didn’t foresee these inventions, but this basic research allowed later researchers to start thinking about potential applications. The bar code, congestion charging, the cervical Pap smear and the internet all emerged from work done at America's pre-eminent research universities such as the University of Texas. They stand at the center of America's intellectual and technological global leadership.

Something to keep in mind given the growing divide between research and teaching and the new reality that these great factories of talent, ideas and technologies are threatened from without and within by government meddling and myopic anti-intellectualism.

Nice., You must feel better.
Just posting facts about the quality of my university and the utmost importance of undergraduate research. That you feel the need to immediately ruin the thread with trash talk is pretty telling though. Your insecurity is showing.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Hell, I thought "Nice" was pretty Nice.

You guys need a drink.

C'mon, you were clearly being sarcastic and poking for no reason. Can't you just read an article without spouting off for once?

I mean if you don't want to read UT stuff......don't live here. Better yet, if a thread says OT "UT Elite Research University" and you know that will irk you...........................FEEL FREE NOT TO CLICK ON THE THREAD. You know, act like a grown up.

Allow me to tell you something about myself. I don't spend my days on political websites clicking on threads about Sarah Palin. Why do you ask? Because I'd rather bang my head against a wall than waste my time that way.

JSTO, Talk about getting "off track". Take a Valium, I said nothing but Nice and you girl's panic.

Everyone knowws Texas is an excellent University. Your constant puffing seems silly.

JSTO, Talk about getting "off track". Take a Valium, I said nothing but Nice and you girl's panic.

Everyone knowws Texas is an excellent University. Your constant puffing seems silly.

Stop telling me to drink or take meds. Not everyone is like you.

No one here is panicking or even getting worked up, other than you.

Again, if you don't like reading about UT........maybe you shouldn't live on a UT site. This isn't fluff. It was a fact filled news article about some good news for UT.....POSTED ON A UT WEBSITE during the boring offseason. And it doesn't have 200 fans fluffing each other up in it. You have like half the posts in the entire thread.

Seriously, why do you feel the need to live here and bash all things UT in just about every thread? (this question has been asked many times and you don't answer.....nor do you even ponder why it is such a true statement and what that says about you)

So back to the article. Being well known for research just breeds getting in higher quality teachers and in turn brings in more results in and out of the classroom which brings in more research $.

Its good stuff for anyone that remotely cares about academia or the University as a whole.

Reactions: Scholz
Well, some care about excellent institutions of higher learning and research as well as the technological advances and common good of the country and world that stems from them and some are obviously threatened by that sort of thing. Just like when our cave dwelling ancestors discovered fire and some of them were frightened by it.

Just to be clear ladies, I don't bash The University of Texas. It is a great University. I just bash some idiot posters.

Just to be clear ladies, I don't bash The University of Texas. It is a great University. I just bash some idiot posters.

You are an annoying troll. Reported. You might actually be the 2nd biggest troll on this site behind Gemba, which really says something.

At this point you're nothing but an utterly worthless troll. Please keep it up so we can be rid of you that much more quickly.

It's beyond time for him to be banned. He has no intent whatsoever to actually engage in conversations, his sole purpose is to troll. This thread is proof of that. Scholz started a perfectly good thread and of course he had to make a sarcastic comment that had absolutely no relevance to the topic.

Scholz and I have a long history.
So you admit that your "I thought I was being nice" comment above was another in a long line of bald faced lies from you. Simply shocking.

Look, you don't value education or science. We know. Carry on though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT