ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request - Son

Texas Esquire

Dec 6, 2021
All, my son just turned 1 year old, and is scheduled to have open-heart surgery on Monday at Memorial Hermann in Houston. He had his first open-heart surgery when he was a month old, and we’re praying this surgery completes his repair. The first surgery was emotionally difficult for my wife and I, but getting ready for this second one is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I’d appreciate your prayers for my son, and his team of surgeons, cardiologist, and other medical care.

ryan

UPDATE 3/24: Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. We know this is in God’s hands, and believe He is in control. We did all the pre-op today, and will head back to the hospital Monday morning at 5:30; surgery planning to begin at 7:30 and is scheduled to last 4-6 hours. Again, thank you all, and please continue to keep our son, James, in your prayers.

UPDATE 3/26: Due to a lack of available recovery beds in the PICU, our son's surgery has been rescheduled to April 13. Certainly conflicting emotions, as there's a great sense of relief on the one hand, but also the realization that it's just a short delay on the other. I can't begin to thank all of you for your prayers--it has meant a tremendous amount to my family, and we've felt God's comfort these past few days. I will post again as we near April 13.

UPDATE 4/13, 7:20 a.m. - Checked into hospital.

UPDATE 8:30: They’ve taken James back to surgery.

UPDATE 7:10 pm: Just got word that the surgery is wrapping up, and we believe all went well. Still waiting to speak with the surgeon re: specifics.

UPDATE 9:00: All went well, and better than expected in many ways. James is back in recovery now.
I can’t thank y’all enough for praying for him. I wholeheartedly believe it made a significant difference. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News