ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for a Longhorn Legend

Ponchon-Savarit

Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Fort Worth
My wife has 55 cousins. One of my favorites is Tommy Asaff who was an All-American RB at Texas back in the Days. Tommy is having heart issues which may have no cure and may only have a few days left with us. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Tommy is my BIL's idol. He had a little brother, Rusty, whom also idolized Tommy. So much so, that although he did not attend The University, Rusty had a house with a wrought-iron front gate with a big longhorn on it and the drive way was also in the shape of the beloved bovine. One room in the house is nothing but Longhorn memorabilia. We lost Rusty to COVID a few years ago.

Even though we do not hear Tommy Asaff's name much, it may be because his roommate was a guy named James Street. Which is just fine with Tom. He is such a fine and humble man.

My wife, Tommy, Rusty, and my BIL are all (or at least 50%, genetically) from Lebanon, which has considerably fewer rules than Nam on any given day.

I will miss the days we all met at Byblos on North Main in FW and shared a Mediterranean meal. And if you are just dying to see a picture of my wife, go to Byblos when they have their belly dancers. The good-looking brunette looks just like her!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News