ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thread 2017

It would be more concerning if A&M was reaping the benefit of a down year. 9 of the top 10 going out of state won't be a trend. We win we get 5-6 of these guys next year. We still have 2 OLinemen we got from Baylor that redshirted last year. We'll be fine if we win. Go 6-6 next year, and it will be tougher. We need to at least get to 8 wins.

I know it's 2 years out, but as my family and I were leaving dinner I saw 2019 dual threat PNG QB Roschon Johnson sporting a Longhorn pullover with some of his teammates. He was offered last week and scored 56 TD's as a Sophomore. The kid is going to be special.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64

Cosmi is long and lean at this point. Likely a redshirt candidate. He is very fluid and seems to have some speed for a guy at 6'5-6'6. He has a great motor and a bit of a mean streak which is hard to teach. If he can add some mass and strength I could see him as a good depth option at G/T at worst and a potential impact starter at best.

Sam Cosmi.jpg

OT Samuel Cosmi
Humble, TX (Atascocita HS) – Video
***-star – 6-5/260 – #107 national position rank

In addition to football, Cosmi likes to rassel and is a member of Atascocita's varsity wrestling team. He has a penchant for choke-holds, so I'm not sure how that will translate to the field.

-------

As you would hope from a kid that’s tackle height but still at DE weight, Cosmi is very light on his feet. He’d need to spend some quality time with McKnight but Cosmi has the athleticism and feet to play outside at tackle but also a nice ability to get low and drive people that could see him bump inside of tackle.

He moves well, but he is also pretty light in the britches... On top of that he is going to need to get much stronger in the weight room as there isn’t much finishing to speak of on his film. Doesn’t come from the lack of trying or effort, he’s just not strong enough yet. This is another case of where your offensive line coach better be worth his salt because I’m a little skittish of this take all things considered.
[IT]

As a prospect, Cosmi is something of a blank slate in that he’s extremely lean — much like current star left tackle Connor Williams was out of high school — and will likely need several years to add the strength and mass that he’ll need to compete at the college level.

However... he’s athletic and moves extremely well and the strength and conditioning staff can mold him in Warehime’s vision. The quality of Cosmi’s feet and movement abilities should also help ensure that he’s a pure tackle and not someone who has to eventually move inside due to mobility issues in pass protection.
[BON]

Last edited:
Reactions: HornosaurusRex
when they got to ohio state, herman and the staff that was there got some underachieving tall skinny kid that was a backup TE, moved him to tackle, put a bunch of weight on him, and turned him into a nfl draft pick in one offseason. i only know this bc i got urban meyer's latest book for Christmas and ready that anecdote last night. but it seems pertinent enough to the cosmi signing

when they got to ohio state, herman and the staff that was there got some underachieving tall skinny kid that was a backup TE, moved him to tackle, put a bunch of weight on him, and turned him into a nfl draft pick in one offseason. i only know this bc i got urban meyer's latest book for Christmas and ready that anecdote last night. but it seems pertinent enough to the cosmi signing

DC3.....just so you will know.....I enjoy your football analysis a LOT more than I do your baseball HOF analysis:p

Reactions: Bwilk55
this reminds me of a bunch of kids on report card day....opening them wondering what grades they got.

We have to earn the respect of recruits....Were Texas doesnt cut it any more....we have to show somebody,anybody that we know how to win. We do that and good recruiting results will follow.
We have to win....that is all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT