ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals 100 and SEC Recruiting

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
So looking at the new Rivals 100 I noticed a few things.

LSU has 6 commits and Georgia and Bama each with 4. Saw Mississippi represented as well.

No aggsy, that can't be, can it?

So aggsy tell me again how you own this state, it sure looks like LSU and Bama own it right now. Texas and Baylor are also represented as is Houston, yet no aggsy.

Houston in the Rivals 100 and no aggsy. Bwahahahahahah

Last edited:
Shouldn't you be worried about your own recruiting? You aren't even in the top 50 currently. Might want to stop worrying about "aggie" and focus on your own school who can't seem to attract anyone right now.

BUT to you point yes, LSU is having a monster class. However, things change in a hurry with a little momentum. I think kids are playing a wait and see approach with A&M and Texas this year. Both programs are on the fence. If A&M shows they can be good on defense things will look good for the Ags. If Texas shows they can move the ball, things will be good for the Horns. A&M still ends up with 2-3 of those top 100.

Reactions: Tex1862
Shouldn't you be worried about your own recruiting? You aren't even in the top 50 currently.

We have 8 commits. Don't worry we will rise late in the process like we did last year.

Texas has 3 4 star commits out of 8 commits.
A&M has 2 4 star commits out of 13 commits.

Quality over quantity early.

The narrative changes to fit the agenda. Aggies were recruiting well earlier because they were cheating according to many here. So they aren't now???

The narrative changes to fit the agenda. Aggies were recruiting well earlier because they were cheating according to many here. So they aren't now???

I don't think the aggys have ever recruited well, Sumlin has played the #s game which make the recruiting rankings look better. Other than the '14 class I don't think Sumlin's recruiting has been all that great.

Football at a&m is like Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown. CB expects to kick it every time, only to have Lucy pull the ball back at the last minute and CB fall on his face over and over. a&m fans have the same expectation as Charlie Brown does every year, only to have the same thing happen to them every year that happens to 'ol CB. Get used to it aggy, you'll never be a blue blood, lol.

Shouldn't you be worried about your own recruiting? You aren't even in the top 50 currently. Might want to stop worrying about "aggie" and focus on your own school who can't seem to attract anyone right now.

BUT to you point yes, LSU is having a monster class. However, things change in a hurry with a little momentum. I think kids are playing a wait and see approach with A&M and Texas this year. Both programs are on the fence. If A&M shows they can be good on defense things will look good for the Ags. If Texas shows they can move the ball, things will be good for the Horns. A&M still ends up with 2-3 of those top 100.

This might be the funniest response ever.

3 of our 8 commits are 4-star compared to two of your 13.

Our QB commitment dominated the elite 11 camp.

Best of all we are sitting pretty with several top recruits.

When it's all said and done, Texas will take between 22 and 25 in this class and about 12 to 14 will be 4-star or higher.

Early, like when they had Hudson and Little on the board? Those boys woke up and moved on....

Reactions: Scholz
We should all probably let it play out, this season will be huge for both of us. Im not concerned at all but I do concede that a 7 or 8 win season would result in 15 to 25 ranked class. I don't agree with Bomb on the numbers game our 13 (with the additions of Ford and Willis), 14 and 15 classes have brought us a very talented team that we should see results in this year. I guess we'll see. Just so I don't offend I also concede that with a good season that you guys could clean up and finish with a top 10 class.

Hell Pooch.....with a good season from both of us recruiting will be very good. What has caused all this back and forth arguing and where we will still have disputes is deciding what a "good season" is. Both of our fan bases have spin doctors on staff full time (this board is a prime feeding ground for that) and we both will hear so much about why we had a good one and you didnt (from both sides) that we wont know until national signing day how it played out.Then again, even then the spin doctors will be in over time. All I can say is best of luck and I hope this is the most injury free season of all time.

We should all probably let it play out, this season will be huge for both of us. Im not concerned at all but I do concede that a 7 or 8 win season would result in 15 to 25 ranked class. I don't agree with Bomb on the numbers game our 13 (with the additions of Ford and Willis), 14 and 15 classes have brought us a very talented team that we should see results in this year. I guess we'll see. Just so I don't offend I also concede that with a good season that you guys could clean up and finish with a top 10 class.
They let you out of the asylum?

A&M really needs to show an improvement this season. I cannot see their recruiting survive a third year of either decline or no improvement.

I'm not sure A&M can get a top 20 class if they only win 7. Their two best recruiters are gone in Beaty and Anderson and it is showing.

With how much of the '12 and '13 classes are gone A&M needs immediate contributors from the '15 class almost as much as Texas does. There were 15 four and five stars in A&M's '13 class and only 4 or 5 are left. Texas is in the same place with the '13 class washing out.

We have 8 commits. Don't worry we will rise late in the process like we did last year.

I would agree with you but you were the very one who says stars don't matter. When A&M was calling Strong 3 star Charlie you were saying he was g

To me you have a point except that you are the most emphatic one on this board that says stars don't matter. You said last year when Texas was loading up on 3 stars that Strong was just getting his guys. You can't feel one way only when the stars line up in your favor.

I think this season is one of the biggest for A&M and Texas in a long time. Both programs are on the fence and recruits are waiting and seeing what is going to happen. Both schools are in good shape for many top names. A&M has 2 transfers coming both 5 star players so that helps a lot too.

A&M really needs to show an improvement this season. I cannot see their recruiting survive a third year of either decline or no improvement.

I'm not sure A&M can get a top 20 class if they only win 7. Their two best recruiters are gone in Beaty and Anderson and it is showing.

With how much of the '12 and '13 classes are gone A&M needs immediate contributors from the '15 class almost as much as Texas does. There were 15 four and five stars in A&M's '13 class and only 4 or 5 are left. Texas is in the same place with the '13 class washing out.

I absolutely agree that we need to show improvement. We need to show drastic improvement on defense and we really need to win 10 games including a bowl.

Put me in the camp that stars do matter, but also put me in the camp that does their own evaluations based on watching film/ highlights.

stars matter as much as player development and not missing on your evaluations for need at position.

Just stars is not going to get you anywhere, Mack Brown had all the stars in the world his last few years, missed evaluations and poor development were his demise.

I would agree with you but you were the very one who says stars don't matter. When A&M was calling Strong 3 star Charlie you were saying he was g

To me you have a point except that you are the most emphatic one on this board that says stars don't matter. You said last year when Texas was loading up on 3 stars that Strong was just getting his guys. You can't feel one way only when the stars line up in your favor.

I think this season is one of the biggest for A&M and Texas in a long time. Both programs are on the fence and recruits are waiting and seeing what is going to happen. Both schools are in good shape for many top names. A&M has 2 transfers coming both 5 star players so that helps a lot too.

I've never said stars don't matter, I've said recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all. Funny how the narrative has changed for aggys when it's not going as well. Now A&M is loading up on 3 stars that Sumlin can develop, but hey you guys came up with "3 star Charlie" nickname.

My opinions on A&M's '13, '15, and '16 classes have nothing to do with star rankings but other things like attrition and lack of overall talent at need positions.My reference of star rankings is simply to screw with Aggys who have been running their mouths for the past few years about recruiting rankings. Strong will always land some 3 star talent, and I've never had a problem with it.

Ok I'll bite. A&M should have talent in spades, but that doesn't mean it will ever turn into a great team. That's where coaching comes in. If Sumlin can't produce this year, the downward cycle will continue, as losing leads to worse recruiting leads to more losing. Aggie is picked to finish last in its division. No one is buying in anymore. With that said if they beat ASU the narrative will change, at least for a month.

Nah, the aggys will just make more excuses when DJ Vodka Tonic fails to win a title of any kind yet again (just like every other year in his HC career) in year 4 of WRTS.

I've never said stars don't matter, I've said recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all. Funny how the narrative has changed for aggys when it's not going as well. Now A&M is loading up on 3 stars that Sumlin can develop, but hey you guys came up with "3 star Charlie" nickname.

My opinions on A&M's '13, '15, and '16 classes have nothing to do with star rankings but other things like attrition and lack of overall talent at need positions.My reference of star rankings is simply to screw with Aggys who have been running their mouths for the past few years about recruiting rankings. Strong will always land some 3 star talent, and I've never had a problem with it.

could just be a difference in perception, I don't feel we're recruiting badly at all but what has happened is the 16 class has taken a step back and decided to wait to make a decision, most of these kids will greatly impact the final recruiting rankings. A bunch of kids on the fence this year many more then I can remember. Kids like Little, B. Jones, Cuffee, Delance, D Anderson, C Daniels, Blacklock, Madabuike, Whaley, Cleveland, McCullough, D Jack, these are kids who are going to really make or break a class. IMO kids like this would have already been committed by now. I like our class so far but I acknowledge we need to land our fair share of the kids above in order to have a top 10 class.

could just be a difference in perception, I don't feel we're recruiting badly at all but what has happened is the 16 class has taken a step back and decided to wait to make a decision, most of these kids will greatly impact the final recruiting rankings. A bunch of kids on the fence this year many more then I can remember. Kids like Little, B. Jones, Cuffee, Delance, D Anderson, C Daniels, Blacklock, Madabuike, Whaley, Cleveland, McCullough, D Jack, these are kids who are going to really make or break a class. IMO kids like this would have already been committed by now. I like our class so far but I acknowledge we need to land our fair share of the kids above in order to have a top 10 class.

It's a long shot you land 1/3 of the recruits you listed.

Little, B. Jones, Cuffee, Delance, D Anderson, C Daniels, Blacklock, Madabuike, Whaley, Cleveland, McCullough, D Jack
Daniels and Blacklock are the only realistic possibilities for aggy out of this group.

Depends on the season. I don't think it's a long shot at all if Chavis can show an huge improvement on defense.

Daniels and Blacklock are the only realistic possibilities for aggy out of this group.

I don't agree at all but I guess that's what makes it fun. Of those I listed the only one I would say was a long shot was djack. I believe he's a Horn and should commit already to help with your class. Everyone else we either lead for or are in the top 2 or 3 for. The season is big for both us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT