ADVERTISEMENT

Sark is just getting started……..

HornDrummer

Sep 29, 2005
The man is 48 years old, and has Texas primed to make real noise in the SEC for the foreseeable future. He hasn’t even started year 3 here yet.

Nick Saban was 51 or so when he won his first NC (LSU). Before then, he was successful, but wasn’t really moving any needles. That’s still 3 years away for Sark. Saban was 58 when he skated by Texas on Colt’s injury to win his first NC at Bama. This was when Nick was just beginning to crack all the codes for recruiting, staffing and play calling. And that’s almost 10 years away for Sark.

Coach Sarkisian has his life in order, he’s clear headed, he’s focused. He’s steadily cracking more and more of the codes, and is truly just getting started. The man is about to be a serious problem for the rest of CFB.

And he’s at Texas, where he belongs. Hook ‘Em.

He’s definitely got the recruiting part down. Now it needs to transfer to the on the field product. It feels kind of similar to those early Mack Brown years. I think this season could be a good one.

Recruiting has NEVER been a issue at Texas. Its been about coaching and development. Can Sark finally be the guy to develop and put winners on the field? We will see. I hope so.

The man is 48 years old, and has Texas primed to make real noise in the SEC for the foreseeable future. He hasn’t even started year 3 here yet.

Nick Saban was 51 or so when he won his first NC (LSU). Before then, he was successful, but wasn’t really moving any needles. That’s still 3 years away for Sark. Saban was 58 when he skated by Texas on Colt’s injury to win his first NC at Bama. This was when Nick was just beginning to crack all the codes for recruiting, staffing and play calling. And that’s almost 10 years away for Sark.

Coach Sarkisian has his life in order, he’s clear headed, he’s focused. He’s steadily cracking more and more of the codes, and is truly just getting started. The man is about to be a serious problem for the rest of CFB.

Fresh new perspective. I’ll take it. We need some positivity.

Recruiting has NEVER been a issue at Texas. Its been about coaching and development. Can Sark finally be the guy to develop and put winners on the field? We will see. I hope so.
I think we are also seeing the development part as well. Guys like Jaylan Ford and Baryn Sorrell, who were both low 3 star recruits look like they both have a chance to be Sunday players. It's just the winning part that he has struggled with.

I see it's spring time.

Which means it's time for me to take the tarp off my Pentair Fairbanks Nijhuis HP1-4000.340 and fire it up.
Let me turn the coriolis setting from hydro to sunshine and then you may begin.

giphy.gif

I see it's spring time.

Which means it's time for me to take the tarp off my Pentair Fairbanks Nijhuis HP1-4000.340 and fire it up.
Let me turn the coriolis setting from hydro to sunshine and then you may begin.
17 of 22 starters back should give you a little bit of optimism. That and the fact all of our losses last season were by 7 points or less.

Here’s where I’m at:

I can’t think of the last time Texas had the same coaching staff, offensive/defensive schemes, and player personnel (give or take a transcendent generational RB) for more than 2 seasons. I’m thinking 07-09, if that.

It feels different to me …….. because it’s the SAME. We haven’t had this kind of sustained familiarity in forever. It’s why we’ve sucked, period.

Here’s a microcosm of my koolaid-drenched optimism: Our center is going to be what, like a 4th year starter?? When does that ever happen??

Here’s where I’m at:

I can’t think of the last time Texas had the same coaching staff, offensive/defensive schemes, and player personnel (give or take a transcendent generational RB) for more than 2 seasons. I’m thinking 07-09, if that.

It feels different to me …….. because it’s the SAME. We haven’t had this kind of sustained familiarity in forever. It’s why we’ve sucked, period.

Here’s a microcosm of my koolaid-drenched optimism: Our center is going to be what, like a 4th year starter?? When does that ever happen??
The continuity of the coaching staff is something that is very underrated. I think we saw the guys on defense start to have a little more comfort in the system last season and they improved as the season progressed.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Here’s where I’m at:

1. We will have to be able to run the ball.
2. Mullet will have to fix his shoulder and his tendency to throw off his back foot. You have a cannon bruh-- light the wick.
3. Defense has to keep everyone in front of them.
4. Offensive line has to make a HUGE leap.

Do these 4 things and it's double digit victory.

As far as the ol goes it's true that we have a long way to go but we made so many strides from '21 to '22 and if we do it again this year we'll be fine.

And the coaches have backed up what they told the players that the hardest workers will start.

A walk on, Michael Taafe, beat out a 4* recruit who has since transferred. And now Taafe has a scholarship.

Cain and Sorrell were considered average players that nobody wanted but look at them now.

A walk on kicker beat out a scholarship player at kicker and is now the starter

So many players improved a lot from the year before.

We lost a great rb and the other RB was the team leader. But this year we have
Brooks, Blue, and Baxter.

Bring on the killer bees😊

Last edited:
As far as the ol goes it's true that we have a long way to go but we made so many strides from '21 to '22 and if we do it again this year we'll be fine.

And the coaches have backed up what they told the players that the hardest workers will start.

A walk on, Michael Taafe, beat out a 4* recruit who has since transferred. And now Taafe has a scholarship.

Cain and Sorrell were considered average players that nobody wanted but look at them now.

A walk on kicker beat out a scholarship player at kicker and is now the starter

So many players improved a lot from the year before.

We lost a great rb and the other RB was the team leader. But this we hands Brooks, Blue, and Baxter.

Bring on the killer bees😊

And the program as a whole has just weathered a lot of sh!t in past 2 years. Injuries to key, KEY personnel. Horrid, borderline suspect officiating. And that’s on top of the daily reality of fighting the whole damn world as a Texas athlete/coach/fan.

Saban always talked about getting your “mind right”. I think that’s what has been happening, collectively. You can do that when you aren’t burning the whole thing down every 18 months or so.

Clob hit on the 2 biggest factors for me - if we can run, and keep everything in front of us, it’s on.

And the program as a whole has just weathered a lot of sh!t in past 2 years. Injuries to key, KEY personnel. Horrid, borderline suspect officiating. And that’s on top of the daily reality of fighting the whole damn world as a Texas athlete/coach/fan.

Saban always talked about getting your “mind right”. I think that’s what has been happening, collectively. You can do that when you aren’t burning the whole thing down every 18 months or so.

Clob hit on the 2 biggest factors for me - if we can run, and keep everything in front of us, it’s on.
I dont think we will run as much this year, i see us throwing 35-40 passes a game easy. HOWEVER those passes will be short often/ screens/bubbles/slants, to get our playmakers the ball.

Ha!! Obviously you forgot about Jimbo! He’s playing 3D chess to Sark’s checkers. At least that’s what all the douchebag aggys tell me in the oilfield.
Yep! Going 5-7 was all apart of Jimbo’s plan!! Gotta keep em guessing.

I dont think we will run as much this year, i see us throwing 35-40 passes a game easy. HOWEVER those passes will be short often/ screens/bubbles/slants, to get our playmakers the ball.
Sark loves to run the ball. We might not run as much, but he's still going to pound the rock. His whole offensive philosophy is using the run to set up his passing game.

Great post!

Majors will be a 4th year player at center. Great.....the bad news is that our center might be Majors. He has been the weak link in the OL for however long he was in there.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Majors will be a 4th year player at center. Great.....the bad news is that our center might be Majors. He has been the weak link in the OL for however long he was in there.
But look at how much Christian Jones improved from '21 to '22? Who's to say that Majors can't do the same?

It's called standing on the banana peel where if you slip a little bit you're no longer the starter. This kind of competition might elevate Majors game to where he'll still be the starter.

17 of 22 starters back should give you a little bit of optimism. That and the fact all of our losses last season were by 7 points or less.
when we have many/several losses by 7 points or less that gives me pessimism. It shows we do not know how to win.....and that was the case last year. Why not win close games? To me that shows we were just hanging around until we found a way to lose.

I AM optimistic about this season. I think between QE and Malik, one of them will be great.

But look at how much Christian Jones improved from '21 to '22? Who's to say that Majors can't do the same?

It's called standing on the banana peel where if you slip a little bit you're no longer the starter. This kind of competition might elevate Majors game to where he'll still be the starter.
Cali....I thought Majors was pushed around because he couldnt put on weight. Am I thinking of the right guy?

when we have many/several losses by 7 points or less that gives me pessimism. It shows we do not know how to win.....and that was the case last year. Why not win close games? To me that shows we were just hanging around until we found a way to lose.

I AM optimistic about this season. I think between QE and Malik, one of them will be great.
We started 9 underclassmen on offense and a freshman QB. 57 of the 85 scholarship players were underclassmen. An extremely young team that was still trying to figure out how to win. I’d be more concerned if we were getting beat by multiple scores.

Last season reminded me a lot of that 99 season where we lost 5 games but Mack was recruiting well and you could see the team on the cusp of being really good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT