ADVERTISEMENT

SEC 2024

As far as the contract Texas and OU are paying the early exit fee stipulated in the contract. So I’m not sure what the contract has to do with anything.

I agree that the Big 12 probably wouldn’t be where it is if someone other than Bowlsby would of been commissioner
Your quote: There was literately no reason not to let Texas go other than spite.

The contract was EVERYTHING. Otherwise they would've left before now, and certainly without paying these enormous fees. Now that UT and OU have decided to pay the early exit fee "stipulated in the contract" - the agreement has been fulfilled and the deal is done. No one was holding them up out of "spite".

At least we agree on Blowsby. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing a bureaucrat collect $4 million/year to do a sh*tty job. His only job was to keep tabs on UT and OU - and evidently he got caught off guard by their departure. At least the new guy is on the ball.

Your quote: There was literately no reason not to let Texas go other than spite.

The contract was EVERYTHING. Otherwise they would've left before now, and certainly without paying these enormous fees. Now that UT and OU have decided to pay the early exit fee "stipulated in the contract" - the agreement has been fulfilled and the deal is done. No one was holding them up out of "spite".

At least we agree on Blowsby. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing a bureaucrat collect $4 million/year to do a sh*tty job. His only job was to keep tabs on UT and OU - and evidently he got caught off guard by their departure. At least the new guy is on the ball.
Nothing like Sublett contradicting himself

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic

If Texas and OU wanted to make it ugly and fight and not play, refuse to psy and drag it though courts and all that.They probably could have. The contracts really don’t mean much

It’s funny how much the big 12 obsessed over the contract all the while getting their new additions two years earlier than they were supposed too lol .

And as far as my comment regarding there being no reason not to let us go. The big 12 has its new teams in place, they have their new TV deal in place there was no reason for the sides not to come to an agreement and move on.

Last edited:
I’m not looking forward to the SEC move. It’s not the competition that concerns me - we’re going to be fine there. So will OU.

It’s the fans. A bunch of fake tough guys. We are not like those people. And I don’t want to become like them.

I hope I’m wrong and just have the wrong impression of SEC fans, but it just doesn’t feel like the right cultural fit for Texas.

If Texas and OU wanted to make it ugly and fight and not play, refuse to psy and drag it though courts and all that.They probably could have. The contracts really don’t mean much

It’s funny how much the big 12 obsessed over the contract all the while getting their new additions two years earlier than they were supposed too lol .

And as far as my comment regarding there being no reason not to let us go. The big 12 has its new teams in place, they have their new TV deal in place there was no reason for the sides not to come to an agreement and move on.
“The contracts really don’t mean much.” Hahahaha. So why write a $100 million check? They could’ve used that money to make sure Rodney Terry doesn’t take another job at the end year (tongue in cheek). Enjoy your basketball Saturday - I love this time of year.

That's the pod I hope OU is in. UT, Ark. TA&M and the Alabama and Ga. only once in few years. Not worried abou the Ole Miss, Vanderbilts, S. Carolina.
There's no way we play Bama, Georgia and LSU in the same season. They will all be in different pods and the odds of us drawing all 3 of LSU, Bama, and Georgia in the same year are slim to none. Our 3 locked in games will be A&M, Arkansas, and OU.

I don't even think Bama and Georgia have played each other outside of the conference championship in 3 to 4 years

That's the pod I hope OU is in. UT, Ark. TA&M and the Alabama and Ga. only once in few years. Not worried abou the Ole Miss, Vanderbilts, S. Carolina.
We likely won’t play the Bama’s and Georgia’s but once every couple years. And will probably never get them both in the same year.

Under the 3-6 model we play the 3 every year and the remaining 12 every other year so you are correct.

I’m not looking forward to the SEC move. It’s not the competition that concerns me - we’re going to be fine there. So will OU.

It’s the fans. A bunch of fake tough guys. We are not like those people. And I don’t want to become like them.

I hope I’m wrong and just have the wrong impression of SEC fans, but it just doesn’t feel like the right cultural fit for Texas.
You are wrong. There are idiots everywhere but you’ll find that SEC fans are the most knowledgeable football fans, even at UK. You’ll be treated with respect if you give respect.

Expect to talk football with every fan you encounter when you’re visiting an SEC stadium. Also expect to be invited to eat and drink with us.

The stereotype of the SEC fan is inaccurate. Most of us are educated and have normal social skills. Also, if you like eye candy, look forward to some of the best viewing in the world.

You are wrong. There are idiots everywhere but you’ll find that SEC fans are the most knowledgeable football fans, even at UK. You’ll be treated with respect if you give respect.

Expect to talk football with every fan you encounter when you’re visiting an SEC stadium. Also expect to be invited to eat and drink with us.

The stereotype of the SEC fan is inaccurate. Most of us are educated and have normal social skills. Also, if you like eye candy, look forward to some of the best viewing in the world.
Never had a bad experience in person with a SEC fan. I've probably been to 10 Texas vs SEC games in my life and Most fans just want to talk about football ,i agree and how much they hate Alabama and how crazy aggy is. Arkansas might hate us the most/give us the most "disrespect" if you will. Besides the obvious aggy/ou

They’ve already said no pods or no divisions
Correct, it is going to come down to whether ESPN will pay for a ninth game. If ESPN ponies up, I don't think they have the money, the schedule will be 3 permanent rivals with 6 rotating bi-annual games. If ESPN does not pay, then we will get 1 permanent rival and seven bi-annual games.

They’ve already said no pods or no divisions
Either way, our chances of playing both Bama and Georgia in the same year is slim to none. And even then with the new 12 team playoff format you can likely make the playoff with up to 3 losses. So losing a couple of games a year is not going to effect playoff status.

However you want to slice it, if they go to the 9 game format then it will be such an awesome schedule each year.
Texas in this format would get to play Georgia and Alabama at least twice if you are a student in your 4 years. You would have A&M, OU and Arky which are 3 huge rivalry games instead of just 1 for you. Then you throw in LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss at least every other year and that is some fun times. The dress attire and pretty scenery around SEC campuses trumps any in the nation. Tailgating is better, towns are better, packed stadiums that are damn loud and you got yourself some great road trips. Southern hospitality is just different as well. There are no off weeks. You bring your A game or you lose. In the past you could play your C game and another team play their A game and you win. This will not be so anymore. I can't wait, and I hate you f*&^*rs! :)

However you want to slice it, if they go to the 9 game format then it will be such an awesome schedule each year.
Texas in this format would get to play Georgia and Alabama at least twice if you are a student in your 4 years. You would have A&M, OU and Arky which are 3 huge rivalry games instead of just 1 for you. Then you throw in LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss at least every other year and that is some fun times. The dress attire and pretty scenery around SEC campuses trumps any in the nation. Tailgating is better, towns are better, packed stadiums that are damn loud and you got yourself some great road trips. Southern hospitality is just different as well. There are no off weeks. You bring your A game or you lose. In the past you could play your C game and another team play their A game and you win. This will not be so anymore. I can't wait, and I hate you f*&^*rs! :)
One question. What do you mean by dress attire?

y'all know georgia and alabama won't be important forever, right? it used to be tennessee and florida. it's been LSU and auburn. for a second, it was mississippi and alabama. georgia and alabama being on top does not guarantee their place their permanently.

y'all know georgia and alabama won't be important forever, right? it used to be tennessee and florida. it's been LSU and auburn. for a second, it was mississippi and alabama. georgia and alabama being on top does not guarantee their place their permanently.
I understand what you're saying but AL has been doing this for 15 years now. Will Saban ever get to old? And now it looks like GA is ready to rule the roost.

Dyk that TX is the only team to beat a Kirby Smart team in a bowl game?

I give Saban another 5 years max and he’s done. I think that’s when Bama falls back down to earth again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT