ADVERTISEMENT

SEC and Bonfire chants and lying aggys

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
As I stated yesterday, I have a younger cousin on the tcu roster who is a freshman, and I attended the game yesterday and am about to leave the hotel soon to head down to the park today.

I received a phone call this morning from one of my few aggy friends who sincerely asked me if it was true what tcu fans were chanting behind home plate.

My seat is behind home plate, first row balcony. My response was, "ya man, the SEC SEC chant was pretty funny. But tcu was just mocking your fans for doing it in the past."

His response, "No, I was told by several ags that tcu fans were making bonfire chants in unison behind home plate."

Now I was best man at this guy's wedding, never lied to him in my life. Known him since 3rd grade. He was getting his masters in engineering when the bonfire collapsed. My jaw hit the floor at his words.

"NO WAY man! Nobody was chanting anything about the bonfire because I can assure you I would have gotten neck deep in their a$$ if they did and you KNOW that."

He then informs me that on texags there are several postings about it on the website. Having never visited texags before, he sent me the link. Sure enough, there's aggy talking about it happening behind home plate. I could see, hear everything in that area and at NO time did any chant other than SEC break out.

This vexed me in many ways. Why would disgruntled aggy fans stoop to making up stories about chants regarding bonfire? I am 100% positive beyond a shadow of a doubt that I heard or observed not one single person chant, yell, or make mention of anything regarding bonfire. I'd stake my life on it.

I reassured my friend of 30 years that no such thing occurred and that's when he apologized to me.

"I'm sorry man. It embarrassing that my fan base would make up sh!t like this. I'm so ashamed."

There's a line aggy fans. And even though many of you would cross that line and have by accusing fans of something so disgusting, 99.9% of opposing fans would NEVER cross that line.
It is SHAMEFUL that liars and poor sports would resort to posting such horrendous lies about an opposing teams fans after such a thorough waxing on the field.
"Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal and don't tolerate those that do."

Apparently those are just words. Shame on you aggy for not checking the facts before you run with a rumor. I don't know that I have ever been more disgusted with a fan base in my entire life. When my best friend of 30 years feels the need to ask his best man, and godfather to his child, TWICE if I heard anything, that shows you how convincing the lies were he and other aggys were told.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU. You have no honor, you have no code, you have no spine, you have no shame.

Typical. This from the fanbase that came up with the "cart McCoy" nickname.

Aggys were spreading this rumor all over twitter and several TCU fans said it didn't happen. Terrible.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
aggy has been known to claim that opposing fans "spit on their family, cussed out their grandmother, keyed their car", etc. when they lose. They also have been known to go to the "class card" ie, "well, we lost, but the other fans are classless". It's typical aggy and why people hate a&m. :rolleyes:

Always good to get a first hand report.

Ags seem to cultishly prefer an echo-chamber with a heavy 'us vs. them' filter to acquire and process information. I'd guess that there were a few reports, 'I thought I heard...', that then got shared and exaggerated until that became their 'truth'.

Hook 'em

Actually it screams that they feel the need to claim victim status. If they can't be on top they need to be the victim. Divert your attention from the ass kicking because we are a victim.

For the most part, aggsy are very successful people, those that have graduated from Texas A&M are leaders in their respective fields, but along with that they have this need to rub peoples faces in it, especially those that attended Universities they deem inferior. Yes, that would be Every University not named Rice or Texas, in this state.

The problem with this thinking is they can't stand it when those inferior Universities stand up and whip their asses. It cuts their collective pride. Add to that the legendary inferiority complex they have to Texas and it goes back to the whole victim status.

If you can't beat them, be the victim, it's the real aggsy honor code.

Actually it screams that they feel the need to claim victim status. If they can't be on top they need to be the victim. Divert your attention from the ass kicking because we are a victim.

For the most part, aggsy are very successful people, those that have graduated from Texas A&M are leaders in their respective fields, but along with that they have this need to rub peoples faces in it, especially those that attended Universities they deem inferior. Yes, that would be Every University not named Rice or Texas, in this state.

The problem with this thinking is they can't stand it when those inferior Universities stand up and whip their asses. It cuts their collective pride. Add to that the legendary inferiority complex they have to Texas and it goes back to the whole victim status.

That is a very, very accurate account of how aggy is. Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done, Wasatch. :D

A very accurate description. Can you imagine if they ever won a title in a big 3 sport? That "victim" status, known as battered aggy syndrome, would make them unbearable if they ever won anything.

Posters on this very board have mocked bonfire on countless occasions, so let's not act like it doesn't happen.

That being said, the thread I read on TexAgs had some people claiming they heard there was a bonfire chant through the grapevine, and other Aggies that were at the game said there wasn't. Regardless, the OP's painting of an entire fanbase off the actions of a handful of idiot on a message board... well, sadly that is par for the course here.

I don't give a damn if they do mock bonfire......................Aggy is the most obsessive and annoying fan base in all of college sports. It's not just a few, it's most!

Reactions: diadevic
I don't go along with mocking the bonfire, but Inhave to say that the term .....reasonable aggy fan is an oxymoron of the first order.....The only fan base in the close proximity of being out of touch with reality is ND......and at least you have to give them past success.

Aggy is so far separated from their perception of their program and the rest of the world's perception of their program that one could believe they are "under the dome"

Reactions: Bass Elder
I don't go along with mocking the bonfire, but Inhave to say that the term .....reasonable aggy fan is an oxymoron of the first order.....The only fan base in the close proximity of being out of touch with reality is ND......and at least you have to give them past success.

Aggy is so far separated from their perception of their program and the rest of the world's perception of their program that one could believe they are "under the dome"

This so much this. I honestly think aggys have the perception that they are a top 5 program in the big 3 sports. They live in their own delusional world.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
This thread is sad. Lying, cheating, racism, seriously what are you guys doing here, this whole thread is a flame thread.

This thread is sad. Lying, cheating, racism, seriously what are you guys doing here, this whole thread is a flame thread.

Again, go post on aggieyell or texags if you don't like it lil bro. It's amazing that you think you run the show over here lil bro. I can't wait until MM takes out the trash.

It's real simple. a&m fans, if you don't like what is being posted here, feel free to leave. No one is making you post here. Go over to the a&m sites and talk all of your nonsense. It's getting old all of the delusional aggys posting here and talking sh*t about UT.

It's real simple. a&m fans, if you don't like what is being posted here, feel free to leave. No one is making you post here. Go over to the a&m sites and talk all of your nonsense. It's getting old all of the delusional aggys posting here and talking sh*t about UT.

It's your board boss.

Aggie us against the world mentality in full force. They are not only this board, but a ton others.

MM....with a straight face you can watch your resident horns bring up topics about A&M, follow it up with a choice smattering of racism, delusion, and other accusations. All without a single A&M poster commenting.

But as soon an A&M fan responds, the whole narrative shifts and the Aggie are ruining your longhorn board. I have never had a single derogatory statement about UT, or UT Athletics in my many years on this board. But I have, and do give the fans and message board posters a lot of flak. But littering your board with Aggie smack doesn't come from any aggies. And that's your prerogative as a mod. Free reign is great. But let's not kid ourselves at where the problems lie around here.

MM....with a straight face you can watch your resident horns bring up topics about A&M, follow it up with a choice smattering of racism, delusion, and other accusations. All without a single A&M poster commenting.

But as soon an A&M fan responds, the whole narrative shifts and the Aggie are ruining your longhorn board. I have never had a single derogatory statement about UT, or UT Athletics in my many years on this board. But I have, and do give the fans and message board posters a lot of flak. But littering your board with Aggie smack doesn't come from any aggies. And that's your prerogative as a mod. Free reign is great. But let's not kid ourselves at where the problems lie around here.

Why come here?

Why come here?

Maybe because we like to talk sports as it states on the top of the board, its kinda part of the package we pay for as paying memebers to rival sites? Yes i realize this is a free board but we are paying customers to Rivals at least I am and its part of the deal.

If you don't like it go post on aggieyell or texags. It's pretty simple.

Your like minded folk don't like to talk sports or they don't challenge your perspective? Paying member or not, I can't see the amusement in participating on the board free or not of another university/fan base that I'm not affiliated with or tied to. I personally don't care what goes on in the lives of Aggy and see plenty of their BS on this board.

Why come here?
Because it CAN be one of the better free boards that discusses a topic I'm interested in. (football in the State of Texas)

But when you're told to GTFO .....and disagreeing with someone is "talking sh!t"........the board steps back into Texags territory.

I've pretty much reached agreement with madcow and zigzag, just ban all of the aggys. They are all pretty terrible.

I tried to leave....but like a battered wife I kept telling myself that they would change. I'll end up dead in a gutter one day....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT