ADVERTISEMENT

So how far down the list do the Aggies have to go to get a coach ?

well.....ya got us there......Texas hires coaches that win their National Titles at Texas. Yall hired a coach that already had won .....someplace else. Sorry you cant see the difference.
Well, you’ve tried (to hire N.C. winning coaches) but just failed... Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Fisher. You made runs at all of them and got what, Charlie Strong, then Tom “Chicken Dance” Herman? I’ll grant you, since scholarship limits, you’ve won one more natty than A&M. Good job. But since you ran all the big programs out of the Big 12, except for OU, you’ve won what? You’ve been owned by the small privates and second tier state schools, and can occasionally get bowl eligible. Oh yeah, but you recruit well... embarrassing.

"Well, you’ve tried (to hire N.C. winning coaches) but just failed... Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Fisher. You made runs at all of them and got what, Charlie Strong, then Tom “Chicken Dance” Herman? I’ll grant you, since scholarship limits, you’ve won one more natty than A&M. Good job. But since you ran all the big programs out of the Big 12, except for OU, you’ve won what? You’ve been owned by the small privates and second tier state schools, and can occasionally get bowl eligible. Oh yeah, but you recruit well... embarrassing."

LMAO!!!!! WE OWN YOU!!!!

Reactions: Scholz
Well, you’ve tried (to hire N.C. winning coaches) but just failed... Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Fisher. You made runs at all of them and got what, Charlie Strong, then Tom “Chicken Dance” Herman? I’ll grant you, since scholarship limits, you’ve won one more natty than A&M. Good job. But since you ran all the big programs out of the Big 12, except for OU, you’ve won what? You’ve been owned by the small privates and second tier state schools, and can occasionally get bowl eligible. Oh yeah, but you recruit well... embarrassing.

Daddy says Hi

Hook 'Em

You're obviously an aggie who doesn't know how to quit while he's still ahead.

Well here's something for you to ponder. Lets see if you aggies can win without getting put on probation.

What big programs left the Big 12? Nebraska has a storied history but has not been relevant for quite a while. Other than that it was TAMU, CU, and Mizzou right? TCU is much better than all 4 of those programs and WVU is probably too most years.

What was Texas attempting to buy when they made an unsuccessful run at Saban? And Fisher? And anyone else with championship credentials for that matter? Seems like it’s more of a “money whip” to throw $5.25M at an “up & comer” with no Power 5 experience at HC and no experience at HC even graduating an entire class? At least have to give it to Aggie that they pulled a big time coach in a year with a ton of vacancies... Texas has never pulled that big of a name.
Never happened, but you obviously believe everything you read on the internet. Pulled or bought? Jimbo has Aggy by the balls, 75 million in hand. Hell of a retirement package. Several years ago I would have said it was a hell of a pull, not so much now.

What big programs left the Big 12? Nebraska has a storied history but has not been relevant for quite a while. Other than that it was TAMU, CU, and Mizzou right? TCU is much better than all 4 of those programs and WVU is probably too most years.
Nebraska was the only one with any clout and then Colorado had a little, but Mizzou and Aggie were and still are door steps. Aggie cant get out of their own way and they're the most obnoxious fan base in all of CFB.

At least have to give it to Aggie that they pulled a big time coach in a year with a ton of vacancies...
Ehh. Seems to me he's a good not great coach. Clemson ran his ass out of the ACC. He's been pretty average without Winston.

Texas has never pulled that big of a name.
Coaches make their names at Texas. We don't rely on others' sloppy seconds like wannabe schools.

I’ll grant you, since scholarship limits, you’ve won one more natty than A&M.
We've won 4 national titles in the modern era to your 0. Such an aggy thing to say which is to say dishonest.

embarrassing.
Sorry but aggy doesn't get to say this word about any other program in the nation. Your school is the biggest underachiever in college football in terms of performance and resources bar none and 2nd place isn't remotely close.

At least you know who’s ahead.
Win something. Anything.

I am still trying to understand the comment about aggy.....while they are still ahead......HUH?

Has there ever been a bigger $75 mil thud of a Hire ? They did not ever get a recruiting boost over it and had a couple coaches turn down positions on the staff. Ol Jimbo didn't know what he was getting into.=)roll

"You’ve been owned by the small privates and second tier state schools, and can occasionally get bowl eligible. Oh yeah, but you recruit well... embarrassing"

76-37-5
Talking about being owned,
Now THATS embarrassing

Reactions: oldhorn2
Word on the street is they're attempting to money whip their second straight DC from LSU at 10.5 million for 5 years guaranteed money. Grab yo pimp cane!

Word on the street is they're attempting to money whip their second straight DC from LSU at 10.5 million for 5 years guaranteed money. Grab yo pimp cane!

LOL, the dollars spent per win ratio will be the worst in the history of the world.

That was the first offer...sounds like he will be closer to $3 mil if atm gets him

aggy has lost their damn minds. Get ready for FedEx episode #2.

That was the first offer...sounds like he will be closer to $3 mil if atm gets him

well....they paid Chavis 1.7 mill to let the ever mighty perinnial power WF score 55 on them...I guess if this guy gets 3 mill then next time they play WF they should only yield 27 points?...or something like that I guess.

Reactions: diadevic
well....they paid Chavis 1.7 mill to let the ever mighty perinnial power WF score 55 on them...I guess if this guy gets 3 mill then next time they play WF they should only yield 27 points?...or something like that I guess.
spurs guys says its now north of $3 mil...looking for a link

wow!...maybe aggy thinks x's and o's mean more than Jimmys and joes....although I know they expect to be getting both. Maybe they will. This must be part of the new math.

So, next year they pay &10 mill to Sumlin
7.5 mill to Jimbo
1.7 mill to Chavis (assume he was guaranteed)
3.0 to the new guy

wow!...wow!....this football business in aggyland pays off better than bitcoin.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
well.....crap!....I forgot about the other 9 or so coaches....They might make a few bucks. Next thing I know, guys are gonna quit being Congressmen and Senators to try and coach at aTm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT