ADVERTISEMENT

Some Sunday night recruiting notes ...

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
I checked in with some of the guys who made it to the game on Saturday. We'll have more over the next day or two, but a couple highlights ...

Aledo WR Ryan Newsome said he really enjoyed the game and is glad it was competitive (Newsome has both UT and UCLA in his final four). Newsome has pushed back his UT official visit, which was previously set for the Baylor game. Texas will now be his last visit. Newsome said he's anxious to see the offense with Daje Johnson on the field since he'll be playing a role similar to what Johnson will fill.

Dallas Skyline LB Anthony Wheeler was not able to make it.

Mesquite Poteet ATH Deandre McNeal said he enjoyed the experience and was impressed by both teams. McNeal has one visit set to Miami and he said he'll also take official visits to UCLA, Oklahoma State and Arizona State. Texas is one of a few teams fighting for his fifth and final visit.

No response yet from LB Malik Jefferson, but one person I talked to who sat close to the recruits section said Jefferson really got into the game towards the end. So did his brother, who was pro-UT.

UT DE commitment Charles Omenihu really liked the fight he saw from Texas. Omenihu remains solid with his commitment and he expects UT to bounce back with some wins over the rest of the season, but he did tell me tonight that if the wheels fall off he may listen to other schools a bit.

UT RB commitment Tristian Houston has been at every UT game this year. Not a lot to say with this one, other than he's rock-solid with his decision.

2016 WR Reggie Hemphill made it in and liked that Texas opened up the playbook a bit. Hemphill doesn't have any favorites but said UT is showing him more love than any other program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News