ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts heading into Championship weekend

RLong68

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2008
Just speculation in what I think we see here need as Saturday rolls.

1. I think we win. The question is how. Is it ugly? Is it an impressive blowout? It goes w/o saying the better we look the better if push comes to shove.

2. The cleanest path for us to make the CFP involves FSU losing. Of course we won’t know that result until late Saturday night.

3. Winner of Oregon/UW is in. Simple as that. I mean, if you are 5th going in to Saturday then take down unbeaten #3 it seems a little odd you don’t make the top four.

4. Iowa stands no chance. Unless they hold UM to 5 and win 6-5 which won’t happen.

5. Let’s address the elephant in the room. Or the possible fly in the ointment. The turd in the punch bowl. The SEC CCG. UGA v Bama. This will be the afternoon game so it will finish before the ACC game starts. I’m still going with UGA to win then wait on the ACC game. Because a combo of wins from UGA and ‘Ville gets us in the CFP assuming we won. I understand the argument that Bama winning gets us in regardless of the ACC outcome. IMO, I’m not ready to feel great about that because of the murkiness that happens from that result.

If Bama, as a bit of a long shot that it sounds, happens to dominate UGA then rest assured there will be a surge in the narrative that “Bama has come a long way since losing to Texas and is playing the best in nation dominating the two time champs and they should be in the playoffs.” I DON’T KNOW if the CFP will go with that but there will be a strong narrative.

Another angle could be Bama and UGA play some epic game which Bama barely wins. Well, now you have the narrative that maybe BOTH teams should make the playoffs. After all, in boxing, after an epic match what do fans want? A rematch. I DON’T KNOW if the CFP will agree but there will be that narrative. If either of those narratives come out then we dang sure better have beaten the shit out of Okie Lite.

FWIW I think UGA ends up winning. Close game or not won’t matter.

6. I think we make the CFP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News