ADVERTISEMENT

SPRING FOOTBALL Depth Chart Projection - OFFENSE (via MyPerfectFranchise.Net)

Alex Dunlap

Any Updates on Desmond Harrison?
Staff
Jan 18, 2005
Travis Settlement, TX
SPONSORED BY MYPERFECTFRANCHISE.NET

Are you…

• Ready to leave the corporate Rat Race for the American Dream?
  • Looking for a side hustle while working your current job?
  • Wanting to diversify, build wealth, and/or leave a legacy?
Andy can help!!!

Andy is a franchise consultant (as well as franchise owner) and helps people find franchises that fit their skill sets, financial requirements, time to commit and more….

His services are 100% free and he’s here to help if you have any questions about business ownership.

image_from_ios.jpg

Learn more about Andy and franchise ownership through these resources:

Andy's Story
Why a Franchise
Service Based vs Brick and Mortar
Semi Absentee Ownership
The Process and How It works

Andy Luedecke
www.MyPerfectFranchise.Net
p: 404-973-9901
e: andy@myperfectfranchise.net
Book time with me at: Andy's Calendar

PROJECTED 2024 SPRING FOOTBALL DEPTH CHART: OFFENSE
(Click Image To Enlarge)

2024-Depth-Chart-spring-2024-projection-OFF-1.jpg

A few quick thoughts:

- As always an "OR" between players means they are interchangeable and probably represents a camp battle-type of situation we'll have to monitor. It does not matter who is listed first. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS LISTED FIRST WHEN THERE IS AN "OR" BETWEEN TWO PLAYERS!!!

- Making this one was a good bit harder than it has been in the past. Texas has a lot of good, young options this spring and there aren't too many bad health concerns. There have been spring periods in the past where I was pretty much sure that my entire two-deep projection was exactly right as far as how players would be lining up on Day 1 of practices. This year, I could see a number of things going a few different ways. It's going to be even tougher doing the defense for next week.

- I will be extremely surprised if I have not projected the starting offensive line correctly, at least.

- As far as the tackle depth, Payton Kirkland played some left tackle last spring, but I think it makes sense to send the monster-types who have practiced at tackle (Kirkland and Cojoe both at 350-plus pounds) over to right tackle as depth for another giant in Cam Williams.

- Jaydon Chatman and Trevor Goosby are both more in the 300-pound range, and both actually lined up in mop-up duty last season at various times at the left tackle. With this said, Brandon Baker (who played RT in high school) was called a prototype LT by Sarkisian at his signing day press conference and comes in with much better recruiting stock than either of those guys. If Baker does not start out at No.2 on the depth chart behind Banks (being seen as the heir apparent to protecting Arch Manning's blind side in 2025), I think he will ascend to that perch sooner than later. For now, I'm going to project Baker as the outright No.2 at LT because he walks into the Texas OL room as one of its most impressive players based on his high school performance profile and recruiting pedigree.

- The "OR" between Helm and Niblack at TE should be more like an "AND", but people have given me enough trouble over not understanding what I even mean by "OR" in the past that I feel like adding an entirely new variable would make it more confusing. I mean to say here that Texas plays a lot with two TEs on the field (41% of regular season snaps last year) and those two will lead the way.

- * The star by Niblack's name indicates that he's been missing practices and workouts this winter and we don't know for sure if he'll be ready for spring.

- After those guys at TE, it's anyone's guess and will be something I'll keep an eye on in practice. I'll give Juan Davis the benefit of the doubt as the No.3 given his seniority and experience with Banks, but it would surprise no one to have a mini-breakout from one of the younger dudes given that Davis has yet to show much at this level.

- ** In regard to the two starts by Agbo's name, Malik Agbo is a jumbo TE and sort of plays a different position than the rest. His slotting at the bottom only indicates that, even though he'll surely play more snaps than some of those guys if his role remains similar to last season.

- The WR portion is the toughest by far. This could be really juggled in a million different permutations, and it will be one of the key investigations of spring camp to monitor. The guys who loosely profile as true X WRs by body type (the player who'll be filling the AD Mitchell role) are generally Parker Livingstone (6-4), Freddie Dubose Jr. (6-1), and Ryan Wingo (6-2), but Wingo is the only one of those guys I could see come in and really get in the mix right out of the gate. Johntay Cook played at both the Z and the X last season, but Worthy told me at the combine that Cook would certainly be stepping into his old role this season, so seems like the smart thing to go with that, even though placing Cook at the starting X would make this projection much easier. That leaves us with a problem of having Matthew Golden, Isaiah Bond and Johntay Cook as your most likely starting three, but Golden (6-0, 190) doesn't really have the size or play-style of an outside X receiver, and he played Z at Houston. Isaiah Bond played 60% of his snaps at Alabama last season out of the slot, so moving him there seems reasonable.

- *** In regard to the stars by Golden's name, I'm going to slot him initially "behind" Cook, but with the caveat that he seems like he will be involved, and may be moved around some and rotated in through different spots. He did play 35% of his snaps last season at UH out of the slot and like fellow former UH WR Tank Dell, was moved around a bunch in Holgerson's system. Of course, we know that Golden was likely coveted by the staff as much for his return ability on special teams as his offensive playmaking.

- **** In regard to the stars by Savion Red's name, I'm projecting him to operate in a similar gadget and (hopefully not too much of) a wildcat-QB, jack-of-all-trades kind of role.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News