ADVERTISEMENT

Stargazing – 2026 WR Brayden Robinson: The #2 WR in Texas?

CodyCarpentier

every like is another Jonathon Brooks rushing yard
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2023
Roanoke, VA
www.thedraftrankings.com
Brayden Robinson, WR– (Red Oak) Red Oak, TX

Height: 5’9

Weight: 160 lbs.

Offers: 25

Texas Offer: Yes

Rivals Rank: No. 2 WR in Texas and #76 overall in 2026 Top 100 – 4 Stars

Projected Position: Slot Wide Receiver with outside ability, featuring KR/PR dynamism.

Scouting Report: Despite being undersized, Robinson showed great ball tracking and the ability to go up and contort/adjust for the football as a Sophomore. His dynamism out of the slot is apparent within the first minute of watching him and the 10.4 100m speed translates. Due to his sheer speed, as a kick returner, Robinson is lethal, this is something he likely does in college as well. If he was even 15lbs heavier, you would see his ranking on the verge of consensus 5-star status among recruiting services. Rivals has him listed as 150lbs while 24/7 has him listed at 160lbs. His on-film frame looks stocky and dependable, with a strong BMI, due to being 5’8/5’9.

Notes: Robinson isn’t just a freak on the field, he was clocked at a phenomenal 10.44 in the 100m sprint, just a couple of weeks ago. In 8th grade, he broke 11.00, a goal many have as a career goal. When I asked Robinson what his goal was before graduating in 2026, he said: “Before I graduate my goal is anything under 10.1”

For those wondering, the Texas High School State Record in the 100m is 10.04 by former Baylor Bear and current Pittsburgh Steeler, Kalon Barnes. Barnes later ran a 4.23 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine.

Best Trait: Scoring on ANY touch...

Among topics I discussed with Brayden, I asked what he has learned while training with renowned receiver trainer, David Robison: "I have been training with Coach D-Rob since I was in 8th grade. He taught me how to run a real NFL route tree and perfect the little details when it comes to route running. Some of the guys I look up to are Tyreek Hill, Zay Flowers, Jaylen Waddle, Zachariah Branch from USC.”

Overall, Brayden Robinson is an exceptional route runner for a sophomore with a relentless work ethic in training his craft both on the field and off. Players at his age are generally just starting to work with trainers and take sprinting/lifting seriously, Robinson is entering his 3rd offseason on that regime.

Cody’s Comp: Zay Flowers, Boston College (Rivals 5.6 - 3 Star) - Baltimore Ravens (1st Round Pick)

Cody’s Grade: 7.21 (5-Star)

Screenshot-2024-04-06-at-6.51.58 AM.png

I asked Brayden, what it means to be going through the process with 2025 Recruit Taz Williams Jr. as a teammate: “Taz and I teach each other something new every day we try not to talk about the recruiting process too much with each other as we know our stories will be different when it’s all said and done”

Red Oak High School has Spring Football Practice beginning April 17th until May 14th and will consist of 16 practices.

In 2023, Robinson visited Texas in the spring and LSU twice in the Summer. This weekend, he will be in College Station for his first unofficial visit of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News