ADVERTISEMENT

TCU

pooch11

Nov 17, 2006
Are they going to miss Bumpass this year? Did Bumpass call the defense or did Patterson? I'm predicting them to make a real run this year but I can't decide if the loss of Bumpass is going to have any effect.

Reactions: WiseHorn
Are they going to miss Bumpass this year? Did Bumpass call the defense or did Patterson? I'm predicting them to make a real run this year but I can't decide if the loss of Bumpass is going to have any effect.
Maybe some,but Patterson runs the defense and is hands on and doubt much if any drop off.If the starters do not get hurt expect TCU to be a top Big 12 defense.

Maybe some,but Patterson runs the defense and is hands on and doubt much if any drop off.If the starters do not get hurt expect TCU to be a top Big 12 defense.

I expect them to be a top defense until Patterson shows otherwise. I think there is something to be said though for having a guy like Bumpass that you trust with your defense so that you can focus on the entire team. Just a thought.

I expect them to be a top defense until Patterson shows otherwise. I think there is something to be said though for having a guy like Bumpass that you trust with your defense so that you can focus on the entire team. Just a thought.

I remember pooch being a lot more of an jackass...... kinda creepy seeing him act normal... but it works.

meds bro..meds
I have been to several TCU games over the years,Patterson is in total control of the defense and calls the sets and sends in the signals and you cannot miss him yelling on the sidelines.He lets the OC's run and call the offense and rarely do you see him call a play.He brought in some new OC's (has Two) which is smart on his part this past year.OU wanted one of them this year but he decided to stay at TCU.

TCU has to go 12-0 and they will not. They don't have the depth and they lost the middle of their defense all he way from DL, LB to DB. Boykin is also a wildcard that is injury prone, was banged up much last year. He is listed at 6'2" 215 and looks more like 6 feet and smallish and gets hit a bunch in that spread.

TCU has to go 12-0 and they will not. They don't have the depth and they lost the middle of their defense all he way from DL, LB to DB. Boykin is also a wildcard that is injury prone, was banged up much last year. He is listed at 6'2" 215 and looks more like 6 feet and smallish and gets hit a bunch in that spread.
Its hard for any team to go 12-0 but early predictions have them a top 5 team and a lot of things have to fall in place to win it all.They are no longer considered the underdog hunter but the hunted by the rest of the teams.But before last year would you have bet they would finish #3 in the country.

The point, especially with a plus one playoff is to play in the top 4. Being voted #2 or whatever means nothing, because in football we now have a final four and I think TCU would have lost to every team in final four save for maybe FSU. Neither TCU nor Baylor has depth to win a final four.

Assuming your team is out. Would you like to see TCU or Baylor when it all? I say hell no, but thought some might say yes due to conference or state pride.

You might want to asked OLe Miss players who did beat Alabama last year what they think of TCU.The peach bowl was a mismatch as TCU took them to the woodshed.To me,I would rather see TCU or Baylor win it all versus OU or A&M but hoping Texas comes up and shocks them all.

Reactions: westx
Playoff don't want small southern private schools in a playoff. No league title game and they bring no TV sets.

Playoff don't want small southern private schools in a playoff. No league title game and they bring no TV sets.
If TCU or Baylor win out then it does not matter what the networks want but what they are going to get.A lot of sets were on when Miami was winning.I would think alot of fans who have no favorite team or their team is eliminated like to see underdogs win against the big dogs of college football,just my thought here.

Reactions: diadevic
Miami is an East Coast ,media center school and neither TCU nor Baylor has Miami level talent.

Miami is an East Coast ,media center school and neither TCU nor Baylor has Miami level talent.
Media Center? Ha ha. Miami attacted viewers because they had style. Love them or hate them, they were must see TV. They cleaned up their act, and now look at them - can't fill up 1/2 the stadium, and you gotta go to ESPNU to find them on TV a couple of times a year. I'll defend BU to my grave - we should've made the Final 4 last year - but any win over TCU this year by any one will be an upset. Upsets happen, and odds are against them not having a slip up, but ---- they rolled over EVERYONE last year, except Baylor, and coughed up a 20 point lead in a miracle finish for that to happen. As other poster said, the biggest mismatch of the postseason was TCU/Ole Miss. This team is loaded, and they have a chip on their shoulder. I hate Patterson, but the guy can coach defense. Get ready Aggies - your going to be watching a "small private" with "no TV sets" in the Final 4.

rkhufu7 sounds like a Laker fan. It doesn't matter how good TCU or Baylor is, they don't deserve because they aren't a big name school.

Well guess what dumbass, aggsy don't belong. You think you belong because your school has a lot of money and a lot of alumni. Well guess what, outside of that you have nothing. No winning tradition, no excellence in anything. You think your money or conference can buy you prestige but prestige is earned.

You freaks are a lesser to teams like Georgia Tech, BYU, Miami, Boise State, Utah, U dub, and Clemson. All those schools have a much richer history of winning than you have. I won't even compare you to the true blue blood programs because there is a whole tier of teams between you and that level.

As for right now, not 3 years ago, not two years ago, but right now. Both Baylor and TCU would skull Fvck you into a coma. You are not close to their league, so you can voice your silly feeble idea that they don't belong, but the truth is the only place your program belongs is getting bent over by the big boys of the SEC squealing like a pig, and hiding from Daddy.

rkhufu7 sounds like a Laker fan. It doesn't matter how good TCU or Baylor is, they don't deserve because they aren't a big name school.

Well guess what dumbass, aggsy don't belong. You think you belong because your school has a lot of money and a lot of alumni. Well guess what, outside of that you have nothing. No winning tradition, no excellence in anything. You think your money or conference can buy you prestige but prestige is earned.

You freaks are a lesser to teams like Georgia Tech, BYU, Miami, Boise State, Utah, U dub, and Clemson. All those schools have a much richer history of winning than you have. I won't even compare you to the true blue blood programs because there is a whole tier of teams between you and that level.

As for right now, not 3 years ago, not two years ago, but right now. Both Baylor and TCU would skull Fvck you into a coma. You are not close to their league, so you can voice your silly feeble idea that they don't belong, but the truth is the only place your program belongs is getting bent over by the big boys of the SEC squealing like a pig, and hiding from Daddy.
Well said remark for those Aggie followers.

I think with added weight and in his third year with talent around him, BOTH will be able to take Texas to AT LEAST 10-2 or better in the regular season and a likely Big 12 title. Swoopes should be much better in spread, with hurry-up principles and talent and it will be his senior year and second year with real comp at QB.

You are an idiot

I think with added weight and in his third year with talent around him, BOTH will be able to take Texas to AT LEAST 10-2 or better in the regular season and a likely Big 12 title. Swoopes should be much better in spread, with hurry-up principles and talent and it will be his senior year and second year with real comp at QB.
Swoopes will be a junior dumbass

He's anti Texas
Me or rkhufu7? I clearly am, and am upfront about it. Was wondering if you thought he was for setting up unrealistic expectations for winning the playoff in 2016? Or me for thinking it is unrealistic?

Me or rkhufu7? I clearly am, and am upfront about it. Was wondering if you thought he was for setting up unrealistic expectations for winning the playoff in 2016? Or me for thinking it is unrealistic?
Not you, I don't care about the rest.

2016 Swoopes will be a senior. Typical Texas fan stupidity. The Big 12 is not a strong league and the weak non conference schedule will cost the two private schools.

2016 Swoopes will be a senior. Typical Texas fan stupidity. The Big 12 is not a strong league and the weak non conference schedule will cost the two private schools.
You are certainly a dumbass...Swoopes is not a likely factor in 2016 unless he has a breakout Junior year without Heard assuming QB1...and that was the point! Thanks for making it clear that you're not affiliated with Texas!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT