ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS AND FROGS GAME THREAD

Also the Ags are back to .500 and I'm pretty sure they are going to pretty much stay there the rest of the year. Don't see them beating LSU, Miss State or Auburn, toss up games are Ole Miss and USCe.

Texas is now looking like the 10 win team I envisioned at the beginning of the year. No more cheap losses and they should be good enough to beat everyone on their schedule with the exception of blOwU, that game is a toss up as all rivalry games should be.

Was not looking good after that putrid 2nd quarter and terrible start to the 2nd half, but we hung in there. Gutsy performance by the D. Game ball to Sterns. Sam made some plays. Keep it up, Horns!

3 wins in a row. 3 home wins in a row. Back-to-back double digit wins over top20 teams. Patterson saying No Mas.

Reactions: Scholz
Was not looking good after that putrid 2nd quarter and terrible start to the 2nd half, but we hung in there. Gutsy performance by the D. Game ball to Sterns. Sam made some plays. Keep it up, Horns!
Don't forget Collin for those catches he made today.

We made some plays we haven't done in a while. Sam checked progressions, looked to run, then made some dart throws under pressure taking the hit and making great passes. This is the progress we needed to see. I've been a heavy realist and hesitant to be optimistic at all these past 9 years. Every time we've won one good game I've seen things that bothered and worried me. Not so this time. We aren't perfect but we are playing good on all sides of the ball and we are making plays when we need to. Offense is better. Defense is mostly great. Freshmen making plays. Upper classmen doing what they need to do. Beating good programs. Winning by more than accidents. I'm very impressed. If we play our best, we could beat every team on our schedule. OU is a toss up because of the intensity, but they showed they are vulnerable today. Oklahoma State can be beaten. Baylor, Kansas State shouldn't be hard. Right now Tech and WVU look like the hardest games.

Best play Sam made was the TD to LJ. It was all him on that play. He stepped up and faked a scramble that sucked three defenders out of coverage towards him and he was able to back up and find a open LJ who turned it into the nail in the coffin.

Best play Sam made was the TD to LJ. It was all him on that play. He stepped up and faked a scramble that sucked three defenders out of coverage towards him and he was able to back up and find a open LJ who turned it into the nail in the coffin.
That was an amazing play. That's the kind of thing we've been needing, the kind of play we've been watching other elite QBs do. Being willing to make the best play even if it meant risking getting nailed

So, does anybody still think we miss Elliot at safety? I said a long time ago that Sterns would make us forget Elliot real soon. I already had a little trouble remembering his name for this post. Lol. Sterns for Thorpe!!!

These freshmen DBs are f*cking amazing. Now I just can't wait till Cook takes over for the mouth of the south. Goddammit I can't stand a corner who can get beat, have a WR drop the ball or be overthrown, and run his f*cking yap like he did something. Why couldn't we have lost that recruiting battle to aggy?

Reactions: HornDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT