ADVERTISEMENT

Texas at Texas Tech Game Thread

Watching the game again and Tech just goes for it on 4th the whole time.....and the qb just throwing off his back foot....smh I'm so frustrated right now!
Yep, they were completing 3 - 4 yard passes and we were fine with giving it to them. Normally a defense can get away with that if you tighten up in the red zone. The thing that hurt us is the calculation changes when they go for it on 4th down every time. Those 3 - 4 yard passes turn into first downs. We didn't adjust to it.

Run this play. See Gunner Helm in the middle of the field? See the safety valve on the right hash? Both wide open. Instead we throw the covered wheel rout.

Freeze it at the 8:26 mark.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Apparently, it's Card's fault, Robo.
It's definitely not all on Card but he's just not seeing the field well. That being said Sark is just not doing a good job calling plays late in games. If I was Sark I wouldn't call another inside zone run play the rest of the season. We are just not a good zone blocking team. Connor, Majors, and Hutson are not good enough on the interior to consistently run the inside zone.

Look at these 4th quarter numbers. The defense is an issue, but 4th quarter offense has been a big part of the failures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT