ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

So where is Tennessee Tech? Looked up,Its in Cookeville,TN,halfway between Nashville and Knoxville,Tn,nice looking campus on school website,boyhood home of Mack Brown.====== Murray stated in morning press conference he wants to QB the sooners,Deon Sanders who played both sports remarked "he should burn the sooner uniform in the locker room and go play baseball."

Last edited:
Reactions: JHop6714 and westx
I'm not familiar with all the nuances of MLB drafting, but by what I can see with my eyes Kody Clemens is playing at an elite level better than most players we've had for the past 20 years. He got taken comparatively low in the draft considering how well he is playing at this moment. Was he the bargain of the year?

I'm not familiar with all the nuances of MLB drafting, but by what I can see with my eyes Kody Clemens is playing at an elite level better than most players we've had for the past 20 years. He got taken comparatively low in the draft considering how well he is playing at this moment. Was he the bargain of the year?
In mlb draft world college guys are generally taken lower unless they are viewed as “elite”. Mostly because their upside is viewed is as limited.

Plus as a Jr maybe he’s told teams he’s interested in going back to for his sr year

No insight, but I'm pretty sure he's not struggling to pay the bills. Wouldn't surprise me if he stays to fully enjoy the college experience. Especially if we don't win the NC this year.

Anyone have any insight on whether Clemens is coming back for his senior year or not?
I'd be VERY surprised if he came out early. He's watched older brothers bang around the minor leagues for years now and I don't think sleeping in flea bag motels and playing for teams in Flagstaff, Midland, Joplin, and Durham are really high up on his list right now. Stay in school, keep slaying the bevy of quality a$$ he has at his fingertips---- as opposed to the road lizards in Mobile or Chattanooga--- eat top shelf training table meals every night instead of slumming it at the steak and shake, fly first class instead of riding on a greyhound.... but most importantly, keep slaying that bevy of high quality a$$ in austin..... which would YOU take?

I'd be VERY surprised if he came out early. He's watched older brothers bang around the minor leagues for years now and I don't think sleeping in flea bag motels and playing for teams in Flagstaff, Midland, Joplin, and Durham are really high up on his list right now. Stay in school, keep slaying the bevy of quality a$$ he has at his fingertips---- as opposed to the road lizards in Mobile or Chattanooga--- eat top shelf training table meals every night instead of slumming it at the steak and shake, fly first class instead of riding on a greyhound.... but most importantly, keep slaying that bevy of high quality a$$ in austin..... which would YOU take?
You make a compelling argument

I wouldn’t think he would come back also. Top pitchers are leaving so not sure how good they will be next year. Also don’t know if he can top this year cause teams are not going to pitch to him. And no I’m not betting.

Kingham not on today. 2 times had 0/2 counts and throws 3rd pitch over the plate. Not good!

I'll say this....... Tennessee tech is not shy about swinging the bat......

Its no accident that they won their regional, they'll beat us like we stole something if we give them pitches to hit. these boys can play.

We better score some runs today to have a chance. Sad thing is, our hitting is pretty much going through Clemens. If they don’t pitch to him that pretty much shuts down most of our production recently. If I was their coach I wouldn’t give him a chance, make the rest of our team do it.

Anyone have any insight on whether Clemens is coming back for his senior year or not?

Where he got drafted, he most likely will go pro. He has the most leverage negotiating this year as he can tell a team he might return. Plus from a pro baseball standpoint (assuming that is his goal), the sooner you can get in the big leagues the better. I would put it at 80-90% that he goes. Guys that return for their senior years usually fall in the category of good college players/very marginal pro prospects where Clemens seems like a really good prospect.

I think Texas is going to have some NCAA trouble. Pretty sure it's against the rules to field a team with one batter and a bunch of guys from basketball band.

Reactions: HornDrummer
I think Texas is going to have some NCAA trouble. Pretty sure it's against the rules to field a team with one batter and a bunch of guys from basketball band.
Tell me more about this basketball band you speak of....

Top of the first...... 3 up 3 down. Now if we can just do that for 8 more innings we've got this in the bag. Time for some hits. I wonder if they pitch around clemens..... I would.

Two out single by clemens. We've got to get more offense out of other dudes. If Zubia could turn on one here... that would help. But instead, he flies our to center right. Inning over.

Top of the second, 3 up 3 down again. Right through the meat of their line up. 27 pitches so far for our starter. Looking good on D boys. Gets those bats working.

Two out double off the wall by our 9 hole hitter scores two runs. Texas up 2-0 top 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT