ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Game Environment

Metcalf #2

Feb 23, 2011
I know it’s gotten a little more exciting at Texas home games, but there’s still something missing.

Hear me out. There are some traditions out there that frankly make me jealous. Rocky Top, Sweet Caroline, Country Roads, Enter Sandman, Jump Around, to name a few. Even Alabama with Dixieland Delight.

Well there’s another song by Alabama, the group, that would be perfect at Texas games. So how the hell is it that we’ve never broke out If You’re Gonna Play In Texas at our games?

Clob, I need you on this brother. Just need the right words in the right ears.

Btw, I know we did Don’t Stop Believing once, but I’m sorry that’s just too subdued. We need something to get rowdy with.

Reactions: freeper
There's only 1 person left in that organization that was around when I was around. They aren't taking drive up orders.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Metcalf... I love ya man.
.you are one of the good guys, but I hope that idea just goes away....

Metcalf... I love ya man.
.you are one of the good guys, but I hope that idea just goes away....
What? C’mon man. Have you not seen how crazy those other stadiums get when they sing along with those songs? Meanwhile, the best our crowd can do is sit on their hands and sing a boring song?

Alabama often even sang or played The Eyes Of Texas as an intro to that song. It couldn’t be more tailor made for Texas.

I have never really liked our “charge” song. You know the small slow snippet of The Eyes when we make a first down, or make a good play. I do love the drum corp cadence we have. ou has an annoying one to my ears, but it is very effective for them. USC has a pretty awesome one, imo.

Bamas all world DE said of the Texas game this year that it was the wildest game atmosphere he had ever seen. I say don't fix what ain't broke...

The bama game was the first time I have heard anybody describe Texas’s gameday atmosphere like that. Let’s not pretend that game has been an every game experience.

The bama game was the first time I have heard anybody describe Texas’s gameday atmosphere like that. Let’s not pretend that game has been an every game experience.
Fan base is a reflection of our team.

Ho-hum approach when a mediocre team comes to town. Full on bananas when a big dog rolls through the gate.

Remember back in 04-05-- every game was bananas.

Why?

Because we were winning.

Yeah I’m sorry, but this is the kind of SEC party atmosphere we’re sorely lacking heading into that conference. Looks like fun to me.

Reactions: westx
I mean, God Blessed Texas would be perfect I think. It's short, sweet and easy to remember.

The dildo toting atheist's would have a shit fit though...
Yeah I thought of that one, too, and it’s great, but I just think If you’re gonna play in Texas, with an Eyes of Texas intro, was just too perfect.

Ho-hum approach when a mediocre team comes to town. Full on bananas when a big dog rolls through the gate.

Why?

Because we were winning.
Well, South Carolina is just as wild and crazy as any of them, and they’ve never been good. Texas fans are just notoriously lazy.

The only i thing we need to change really is our "Intro" Music...Hells Bells is cool for the ..like first 20 seconds of the song, then gets kinda boring.

this is my fav intro song in college football today.

vs ours ..TURN TO 2:15 seconds

Last edited:
If we want to do the whole "bell" thing..we should do metaliica for whom the bell tolls.. much better song

Why?

Because we were winning.
08 vs Missouri was a crazy fun game. WHY? Top 10 match up lol

The only i thing we need to change really is our "Intro" Music...Hells Bells is cool for the ..like first 20 seconds of the song, then gets kinda boring.

this is my fav intro song in college football today.

vs ours ..TURN TO 2:15 seconds

Meh, I’m fine with hell’s bells. We need a singalong during the game to get the fans off their asses and actin’ a fool. Just please no more Journey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT