ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs TT ( Non Political) Football Game Thread

To whom it may concern, I don't wanna hear crap about Bowman being out. We've got injuries on defense, too.

I'm kinda surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet, but didn't that game winner by Humphrey remind anybody of the Crabtree play in 2008? Same end of the field, same corner, same catch around the five and having to make a move to get in the endzone.

I guess Flour bluff got his wish. Herman played it right, and turned LJH into Crabtree. Lol

Tech wasn't playing for a shot at a national title.

Cook and Green are both highly talented corners. At worst one of them equals Boyd. So I don't see how you think it can get worse. As long as the youngsters can keep Boyce off the field, we'll be fine.

With little to no experience. There will be a season of growing pains.

And? We're currently going through grown pains with charcoal. I'd rather have growing pains with potential for improvement.

Davis and Boyd are better than most realize. You will see next year. All the exotic pass schemes and formations are bewildering for any first year player.

When Cook has been in for Davis I haven’t seen a whole bunch of drop off. Yes he’s given up some plays but so has Davis.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Up by three scores on TULSA. Almost lose.

Up three scores on KSU. Almost lose.

Up three scores on OU. Almost lose.

Up late on WVU. Loss.

Up three scores on Tech. I’m skeered.
Who gives a shit!! We are 7-3 and could easily be 9-1. I cannot stand some of you idiots on the board with the coulda woulda shoulda bullshit! We are 7-3 and we finally have a quarterback. Tom Herman is exceeding expectations in my opinion. He is recruiting his ass off and has this program headed in the right direction. I’m so sick of idoits like you on this board that have nothing but negative stuff to say about this team!

Davis and Boyd are better than most realize. You will see next year. All the exotic pass schemes and formations are bewildering for any first year player.
Texas gave up the following points to opponents this season:
Maryland - 34
OU - 45
Oklahoma State - 38
West Virginia - 42
Texas Tech - 34

5 opponents have scored at least 34, while we have held the other 5 opponents to 14 -21 points. I don’t see how the defense can be worse next season.

Texas gave up the following points to opponents this season:
Maryland - 34
OU - 45
Oklahoma State - 38
West Virginia - 42
Texas Tech - 34

I don’t see how the defense can be worse next season.

Plus I think we lose some dead weight on the DL. 32 goes back to DE, along with some very talented youngsters, and Coburn is gonna be a monster at DT. We finally get a pass rush from this 3-4, and the secondary's job becomes a lot easier.

He's not holton hill. Next year is going to be worse. Davis and Boyd will graduate. We have sophomores coming in and they are going to get torched, so enjoy the play we have now. Does that help?
So I guess you predict ahead to the future?!?! How the hell do you know some of the freshman we have coming in might just actually be better than Boyd or Davis! Why don’t you just pick another team to root for and take your negative bullshit somewhere else!

When Cook has been in for Davis I haven’t seen a whole bunch of drop off. Yes he’s given up some plays but so has Davis.

How did the first quarter of osu workout? I would urge you to go visit the stats for that game. Break it down by quarter. Remember, Davis and Boyd were suspended for the 1st quarter. Let me help you, think critically and not emotionally like a woman.

How did the first quarter of osu workout? I would urge you to go visit the stats for that game. Break it down by quarter.

In that quarter it was Boyce getting toasted for most of it. Cook played pretty well. Jalen Green is redshirting, and will keep Boyce from starting.

In that quarter it was Boyce getting toasted for most of it. Cook played pretty well. Jalen Green is redshirting, and will keep Boyce from starting.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that there won't be a drop off. Better yet, you think it will get better. I would remind you that you thought Shane was better than Sam. Eventually they will be better but it takes time.

For Christ's sake fellas, could we save the personal insults and name calling for Aggies and Sooners? Let's not act like 8 year olds whose mommy just told them NO. We're Horns fans and we're better than that!

We are all rooting for the same team and we all want them to be the best they can be. Right now the offense is killing it but the defense is allowing teams back into games. It is completely understandable how some folks could be upset by that.

Listen, we should be 9-1, not 7-3 and that is because of our D. Are we miles ahead of last year? You betcha! Are we headed in the right direction? Absolutely. Does the future of UT football look bright? Yup, got my sunglasses on. Am I worried about our defense? Yeah I am.

I have read some negative remarks and made some myself out of disgust in hoping the horns or player would improve.I have always felt that football is not a " Sugar Coated " game and never from any football coach I have been around and maybe that is why so many men enjoy the game.Our ole coach Darrell Royal sums the game up remarked"Either you can or Can't".I feel most horn fans on this board. want more Can's than Can not.

For Christ's sake fellas, could we save the personal insults and name calling for Aggies and Sooners? Let's not act like 8 year olds whose mommy just told them NO. We're Horns fans and we're better than that!

We are all rooting for the same team and we all want them to be the best they can be. Right now the offense is killing it but the defense is allowing teams back into games. It is completely understandable how some folks could be upset by that.

Listen, we should be 9-1, not 7-3 and that is because of our D. Are we miles ahead of last year? You betcha! Are we headed in the right direction? Absolutely. Does the future of UT football look bright? Yup, got my sunglasses on. Am I worried about our defense? Yeah I am.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that there won't be a drop off. Better yet, you think it will get better. I would remind you that you thought Shane was better than Sam. Eventually they will be better but it takes time.

Ok now you're just making sh*t up. I've never been crazy about Shane or Sam. Never put one ahead of the other. You need to cut that crap out.

Ok, you didn't like Sam. Still want to stick with that? It drives me a little crazy with, "the grass is greener on the other side" logic. Anyway, I'm done with this convo.

Ok now you're just making sh*t up. I've never been crazy about Shane or Sam. Never put one ahead of the other. You need to cut that crap out.
If you’re not crazy about Sam after the year he is having then you just don’t want to like him. Sam has obviously learned from his mistakes he made last year and is just getting better each week. Besides the Maryland game Sam has put us in position to be 9-1.

If you’re not crazy about Sam after the year he is having then you just don’t want to like him. Sam has obviously learned from his mistakes he made last year and is just getting better each week. Besides the Maryland game Sam has put us in position to be 9-1.

Breathe. I was obviously talking past tense. Though I'm still not crazy about Sam, obviously he's improved greatly from the beginning of the year. He still makes me nervous, but he's come a long way.

Ok, you didn't like Sam. Still want to stick with that? It drives me a little crazy with, "the grass is greener on the other side" logic. Anyway, I'm done with this convo.

Of course I didn't like Sam. Who did when he was playing like sh*t? Stfu with that stupid shit already.

Of course I didn't like Sam. Who did when he was playing like sh*t? Stfu with that stupid shit already.

Had we changed qb's, we would be winless since KState. None of the freshman qb's would be winning. Actually, we would be in the process of making another Garret Gilbert. These guys need time for the game to slow down a bit. This includes freshman corner backs. Don't fall for the idiot logic of madcow. I think he's a fan of another team. Lets replace 2 senior cb's with 2 freshman and expect better results. I'll take that bet every time. Greene would have played if he was better than Boyce. Right now, he is not.

Last edited:
None of the freshman qb's would be winning.

Making shit up again. You have no way of knowing this. Look no further than Clemson this year for a case against your idiot logic. Yeah Skeksis was highly rated. Guess what, our guys were, too.

These guys need time for the game to slow down a bit. This includes freshman corner backs.

FALSE. Skill position players such as DBs and WRs are quite often ready to go as freshman. Herman even said himself he has no problems putting freshmen in those spots. You gonna argue with him? Btw, how you like those two freshman safeties? Not bad huh? Oh and we're not replacing two seniors with two freshmen. Cook will be a sophomore, and Green will be a RS freshman. Try and keep up.

Don't fall for the idiot logic of madcow.

Oh boy you got me there! You know I just love that madcow and fall in with everything he says! Lol. You really should've quit when you said you were done with this convo.

And another goddamn thing. You're sitting here saying freshman CBs can't play, while true freshman Anthony Cook is playing, and playing pretty well even in limited playing time. How hard headed can you be?

It was very telling with senior Boyd and freshman Cook on the field at the same time last night, Tech decided to pick on the senior, and it paid off big time.

If I may, you are correct. We have 7 wins in the column and one of those was in impressive fashion (usc) but the others were lacking style points. Now, before you say "you don't win games with style points", I agree. But I am noticing a very problematic trend that is developing.

A really good team, when they have you down, they step on your neck. A great team, when they have you down, they drop 60 on you just for bothering them on a beautiful Saturday. "The sun's out, my girlfriend wanted to put on her bikini and sit by the pool--- I could be drinking beers with my chick and my bros.... but NOOOO. You clowns drug me out here with your weak ass football team so now I'm going to hang 60 on you...".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's what a killer thinks like.

We lack killers. We lack stone cold, ice water for blood, beat your momma with a claw hammer, killers.

Killers don't allow a team that's down 17 with 7 minutes to play, BACK into a game. What makes a killer? Attitude. Confidence. Mean streak. Disdain. Just general badassery.

When we win (and yes, I'm still with you. A win is a win) there needs to be a message sent. Why? Because now, every swinging d!ck in college football that must play us will look around and say "dudes! We may be down 17 in the fourth quarter, but if TECH can come back on these guy, so can WE!".
That's hope. Without meaning to do so, your actions have inspired hope to further opponents. There should be no hope. None.

Many coaches and players rah rah about "never give up! Keep fighting! Push through!" but that's all bullsh!t. People quit. All the time. Teams quit. Why?

No sign of hope.

We have been sending not signs, but signal flares of hope to every team on our schedule, all year. "Don't worry if you get down to Texas, you can always come back." And it shouldn't be that way.
Teams should KNOW that once we get our hand around your throat (like we did to tech with 7 minutes to go) it's time for Vundersex. We are going to choke you out David Carradine style and leave you lifeless in a pool of your own urine and excrement.
I know that doesn't sound nice and maybe a bit harsh to some of you, but that's the difference in being a sportsman, or a fvcking killer.

We must learn to be killers. Otherwise, you've got a lot more seesaw Saturdays ahead of you. Some we will win, some we will lose.

I'm done.

Who gives a shit!! We are 7-3 and could easily be 9-1. I cannot stand some of you idiots on the board with the coulda woulda shoulda bullshit! We are 7-3 and we finally have a quarterback. Tom Herman is exceeding expectations in my opinion. He is recruiting his ass off and has this program headed in the right direction. I’m so sick of idoits like you on this board that have nothing but negative stuff to say about this team!

And another goddamn thing. You're sitting here saying freshman CBs can't play, while true freshman Anthony Cook is playing, and playing pretty well even in limited playing time. How hard headed can you be?

It was very telling with senior Boyd and freshman Cook on the field at the same time last night, Tech decided to pick on the senior, and it paid off big time.

Boyd takes the best receiver from the opposing team on purpose. Boyd is a Thorpe award finalist. He has been beaten this year but apparently he's been beaten a lot less than others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT