ADVERTISEMENT

The ‘realignment is bad for college football’ argument

HotCheeto

A&M wore glow in the dark uniforms in the daytime
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Is very dumb in my humble opinion. I’ve seen tweets saying that CFB has been ruined by money and is essentially a minor league to the NFL now. Others have said they don’t want to watch Oregon vs. Iowa in October as if Oregon vs. Washington State in October was some marquee matchup.

Have there been a couple regional rivalries that will fall to the wayside? Sure… But if we’re being honest - who, outside of fans of either school, was going out of their way to watch Oregon vs. Oregon State or Washington vs. Washington State unless both teams were actually decent? There are people who have never, and wouldn’t have otherwise cared about some of these games, that somehow seem deeply affected by the fact that they may cease to exist. If we lose Texas vs. Texas Tech but gain Texas vs. LSU/Florida/Alabama/Georgia then what are we losing in terms of fun matchups with a lot on the line? We no longer get USC vs. Stanford, but instead we get USC vs. Michigan/Ohio State/Penn State on a regular basis.

My point is that yes, we may lose some “tradition”, but the matchups that we will gain in turn are better for college football in my opinion. I can understand not liking the changes if you’re a fan of a team that’s getting left behind. That sucks. But for the fans of teams who will benefit from these changes, that still seem so bothered by them, what the fook are you so worried about? Change is inevitable, especially when money is involved. Quit crying about it and think about how freakin awesome it’ll be to see Texas vs. Tennessee, Oklahoma vs. LSU, Michigan vs. Oregon and so on every single week! And stop acting like the excitement of college football is somehow going to disappear. It looks a little different, but the excitement and pageantry still exists and always will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News