ADVERTISEMENT

The most important thing at Bama…..

Hookedonit

Mar 21, 2018
Is for Texas to get Ewers in rythm with some quick high percentage passes to get his confidence going! Get rid of the butterflies! Lull Bama up to try and stop those and then try a deep one or two to keep them honest. I think we have to win the time of possession battle and turnover battles to ger out with a hard fought victory.

Is for Texas to get Ewers in rythm with some quick high percentage passes to get his confidence going! Get rid of the butterflies! Lull Bama up to try and stop those and then try a deep one or two to keep them honest. I think we have to win the time of possession battle and turnover battles to ger out with a hard fought victory.
Hmmm, I figured as long as we have more points at the end of 4qtrs we should have a pretty good chance. 😆

Sark needs to stop forcing the bombs. If Quinn isn’t reliable with them, then avoid it. He is damn good at the other stuff. The definition of insanity comes to mind.

Reactions: Hookedonit
You do realize if you don't throw the deep balls, the secondary starts moving up, squeezing the short- intermediate passing lanes, right?

You do realize if you don't throw the deep balls, the secondary starts moving up, squeezing the short- intermediate passing lanes, right?
Quinn is not good at timing the deep outs. Run an 'out and up' or' up and in' toward the middle of the field until his rhythm gets better. Inside pressure is the biggest problem. If we can fix it, then the timing routes should start to click.

This kind of reminds me of the Texas Houston game in 1968. We were coming of of back to back to back 4 loss seasons and trying everything in the world to win with Bill Bradley as the most hearalded HS QB to play anywhere. Again he looked bad and we lost to go 0-1-1. In game 3 James Street started at QB and Texas did not lose a game in the next 3 years.

QE needs to ball out.

Reactions: freeper
This kind of reminds me of the Texas Houston game in 1968. We were coming of of back to back to back 4 loss seasons and trying everything in the world to win with Bill Bradley as the most hearalded HS QB to play anywhere. Again he looked bad and we lost to go 0-1-1. In game 3 James Street started at QB and Texas did not lose a game in the next 3 years.

QE needs to ball out.
Username checks out......

Sark needs to stop forcing the bombs. If Quinn isn’t reliable with them, then avoid it. He is damn good at the other stuff. The definition of insanity comes to mind.
You can't just completely avoid the deep ball because you need to keep the defense honest. The best way to do it though is take your shots on 2nd and short instead of 1st down. That way if you don't hit it you're still in a manageable 3rd down.

Reactions: westx and DHHorn
It occurs to me that we could have saved some $5 million a year by not hiring the widely recognized best offensive mind in college football and instead just ask the resident genius' of this board in a weekly poll to come up with game plans.

It occurs to me that we could have saved some $5 million a year by not hiring the widely recognized best offensive mind in college football and instead just ask the resident genius' of this board in a weekly poll to come up with game plans.

We could also just all hold hands and agree with everything ever done by anyone. That'd make for a hell of a message board!

Where do I sign up?

There's a lot of guys in here that have coached and played the game as well. I wouldn't discount the football knowledge of some of the guys on this board. And no, i'm not talking about myself lol

Here’s the deal with Saban and Bama and you can thank Booby Stoops for mind****ing Bama when OU beat Bama with Trevor Knight. A tiger doesn’t lose his stripes. In that game Booby predicted that if OU could keep it a 1 touchdown game and make some big plays that Saban would get nervous and press his offense with AJ mccarron at the helm. Stoops guessed right and it was a disastrous night for Bama. No way could OU stop Henry that game but Saban lost his cool and tried to win by passing the ball and this was when he stillhad good luck winning with below average qb’s. If Texas keeps it close or slightly ahead into the 4th, they’ll be opportunities imo.

The best offensive mind scored 10, 19, 20 and 34 points against ranked opponents last year with a heisman worthy running back. Don’t get me wrong, I am a Sark guy and firmly in his corner, but Parcels said it best;”You are what your record says you are”

Reactions: Hookedonit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT