ADVERTISEMENT

The Official RRS Prediction Thread

I think that's the issue. 5/9 on Field Goal attempts sucks but I'd take that chance instead of 4th and 8!
Herman is coaching like he gets a free pass this year and it shows. Of course he will but he is making some head scratching calls. Hopefully it is jus to see what this team is made of and not a trend into year 2 and 3 because if so , there will be no year 4.

Reactions: Scholz
Herman is coaching like he gets a free pass this year and it shows. Of course he will but he is making some head scratching calls. Hopefully it is jus to see what this team is made of and not a trend into year 2 and 3 because if so , there will be no year 4.
I’m not sure he’s coaching like he gets a free pass. I think he’s coaching the way he honestly believes he should. He’s a very stubborn guy and I see some things that will be pitfalls for him going forward if he doesn’t change. However I think this is the coach he is and he will be 4-5 years from now.

Houston was 13/26 on 4th down conversions in 2015. 19/30 in 2016 on 4th down conversions. This is how he coaches!

Texas is 5/14 so far so he's not done yet!

Reactions: bubba2023
Agreed, Herman is playing aggressive. His decisions to risk points on questionable 4th down calls are based on more than field goal percentages. He is recruiting with this new aggressive "go for it" strategy. Recruits love the "F-em" attitude and will want to be part of this program. I suspect he will be more conservative when all the right pieces are in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT