ADVERTISEMENT

This pretty much describes Kansas football right now

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
Bart Hubboch:

KU's only decent QB might have just had his knee blown out on a sack in a "DO NOT SACK" red jersey in the spring game. I give the f**k up.

Welp sounds like it can get worse for Kansas. Sounds like their leading rusher might be gone too.

Chuck Carlton tweet: Yikes. Dallas Carter product Corey Avery (team-high 631 yards rushing last season) one of the two suspended.

Wonder how many millions it has cost Kansas to fire Mangino...Sometimes "feelings" are expensive, I guess.

Wonder how many millions it has cost Kansas to fire Mangino...Sometimes "feelings" are expensive, I guess.

Mangino and KU negotiated a $3 million buyout at the time of his firing, but that's small potatoes compared to the amount of money they've set on fire in the post-Mangino era. Turner Gill's contract was fully guaranteed, so KU ate another $6 million when they canned him. Then they made the same contractual arrangement with a guy who is demonstrably pure dog shit as a college head coach -- someone with a clear five-year record of abysmal failure at a program with incomparably greater advantages. Weis's buyout was a little over $5.6 million since he was fired four games into last season. All in all, nearly $15 million thrown into the shitter in just five years.

BBR, I actually meant the money Kansas lost out on that Mangino would have brought in compared to Gill and Weiss.

My memory is fuzzy on the Mangino scandal. What were the reasons on why he was fired? Wasn't it player abuse. I don't remember if it was bad enough as to were Kansas had no choice but to fire him, or if it was all blown out of proportion.

BBR, I actually meant the money Kansas lost out on that Mangino would have brought in compared to Gill and Weiss.

Ah, understood. Yep, lots of unrealized gain to go along with the piles of existing cash they set on fire. I hope someone aside from the coaches got fired for that slow-motion trainwreck.

But it was just announced that former Aggie WR Laquvionte Gonzalez is xferring to Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT