ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (1-5)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Theodore H. Roethke, Pulitzer Prize winning American poet

Much like humans, all flowers start their lives with the potential to grow and blossom. That potential is more easily realized with some sunlight, some rain, nourishment---in short, some attention. Even with all that, winter comes along and freezes the perennial (or perineal as I've seen it spelled on OB, which of course is quite different) flower, or buries it under a blanket of snow. But despite all that, way down deep beneath the surface, that flower is waiting on its next chance to bloom. It's almost as if they have faith, a steadfast belief that Spring will come, and it sustains them till the light and warmth return.

And when it does return, the flower has sense enough to absorb enough of everything it needs to sustain itself through the next season of darkness. Are we not at least as smart as a dang daffodil? The operative word here is SEASON. We will all face tough times, seasons of darkness and cold, but the God who made us will not leave us there forever if we practice just a morsel of faith. Deep in our roots are the memories of good experiences and relationships that will sustain us.

What can I use today to build my faith and make me stronger for the next season of my life?

Blessings, love, and peace to all.
NT
Hebrews 11:6
In loving memory of Allen Jones, who shared the faith that pulled him through the darkness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News