ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (12-26)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Sometimes you have to stand alone, just to make sure you still can.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Anonymous

Happy Boxing Day! More to the point, Happy "Day After Christmas" Day. Looking at our personal calendar here, an organization to which Mrs. NT belongs has designated Jan 2 as "Undecoration Day." Call it what you will, but the fervor of the Big 3 Fall/Winter holidays is about to be supplanted by a return to status quo, to whatever passes as routine for each of us.

Be careful.

There's some "alone time" coming. Our Surgeon General says there's an epidemic of loneliness and the Dept of Health will attack it just like it has tobacco, obesity, and other epidemics. Admirable, but I'm not sure a Build-a-Bear strategy will work here. Establishing and nurturing relationships is pretty darn personal, and there's a big difference between solitude and loneliness. We can romanticize our loneliness, maybe write a country song about it. We can medicate it with prescriptions from the past. But a far better choice is to ask Him for a dose of courage, to break through our own barrier and tell someone "I feel lonely today." If you're in a program, don't miss a meeting, and don't tell yourself that you'll call your sponsor "tomorrow." That's BS.

Today, I will reveal something of myself to another person, someone I can trust. And I'll win THIS day.

I say again that yesterday was glorious, thanks to all of you, and especially to the Gift from Him that made it all possible.

Blessings lads and lasses.

NT
"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
In memory of Allen Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News