ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (2-21)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice...Your integrity is your destiny.
~~~~~~ Heraclitus (Old Greek dude)

We have no choice but to love the imagery of our souls being dyed the color of our thoughts, even as we watch the vessel of our character being filled with our choices.

In the past few months, some of my lawyer buddies in New Mexico have been involved in a nasty piece of litigation. We'll call one of 'em Tom (which is handy, since that's his real name). One of the big issues revolved around some communication between Tom's client and one of the other parties in the case. In taking the deposition testimony of these two guys, a question arose about whether they had exchanged any text messages. The first guy said there weren't any, but as Tom's client began to answer these same questions, Tom got a funny feeling. He asked for a recess, and left with his client. They returned in a few minutes with a stack of printed pages that contained...yep, text messages. Tom told the group that he had "just now learned of these" as he distributed them to the group.

With some lawyers, your immediate response might be "Yeah right, you just now learned all this, after two years." But the person telling me this story said, almost as an afterthought, "You know how it is with Tom, he's so honest, nobody even questioned it. They just started reading."

I don't know about you, but I want to be more like Tom. I pray it's not too late.

Blessings my friends; may joy fill your day.
NT
Proverbs 12:22
Dedicated to Allen Jones, who rejoiced in his redemption as he learned again the beauty of integrity.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News