ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (2-29)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Fear says "What if." Faith says "Even if."
~~~~~~~~~ Origin unknown

Back in the 60s, a group known as The Zombies had a song entitled "I Love You." The refrain ended with "...but the words won't come, and I don't know what to say." That's where I was last night and again this morning as I worked on TG for today. The words were a no-show. MIA. The fires up in the panhandle consumed not only lives and homes and livestock and everything else in their paths, but they consumed my thoughts as well. Mrs. NT and I grew up there, have lots of family up there, and we have a kinship with everybody else. We watched a man in Fritch being interviewed on local news. In the background was a pile of smoldering rubble---his home. He wanted to be stoic, but he cried enough tears to put out another fire. My wife began sobbing softly, and I followed suit.

Against that backdrop, here came that inevitable question, from an unseen source, "Ok, Gift Boy, where's that faith you're always yammering about? Speak up, I can't hear you." Faith is easily proclaimed when you're standing on a hillside or a mountaintop, but it's far more elusive when you're facedown in a ditch. All I could think of was that sometimes God calms the storm, and other times He calms us. This ol' world doesn't meet any of our definitions of "perfect." There is no Camelot, nor was one promised to us. But with Faith, we can absorb the body blows, and get back up.

We were spared the pain and suffering of loss, so today, we're going to look for ways to help those who weren't so fortunate.

God bless you all,
NT
Psalm 23
In memory of Allen Jones, who fought back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News