ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (4-10)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
NOTE: This edition was authored by the TG Queen, @T-Sipper 1972 (Mrs.), while I finish up my little vacation. Madam, I am grateful for your time and talent.
NT
Enjoy:

All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unknown

Can't recall where I found this, but it is so true. Wouldn't it be great if someone handed us our lines every morning? Better still, the whole script. Then, all we'd need to do for a perfect day was memorize our lines, so we could weave them delicately and carefully into that script, and wait for everyone else to follow suit. How wonderful would it be if everything we said was "pitch perfect?" If we never said anything hurtful? If everything we said would eventually lead to a perfect solution for every problem?

Unfortunately, that's not how life works. We have to make it up on the fly, trying to avoid the bumps and potholes along the way. Sometimes we get it right, other times we don't. And in our worst moments, we make such a huge mess that we think there's no going back, that nothing will ever be the same.

The good news is that each day offers the promise of a new beginning, another chance to work on our lines, and "get it right." By God's Grace, some hard work, and the tincture of time, we can become beloved characters in our own life story. Without that Grace, the ending is hopeless, but with it, there is endless hope (paraphrasing Rick Warren).

Blessings and love to you all,
Mrs. T-Sipper
Prov 12: 17-20

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News