ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (4-25)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
People ask me what I'd most appreciate getting for my 87th birthday. I tell them, a paternity suit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ George Burns

Aging is a funny process. Old age is the only condition I know of where you can sustain serious injury while you're asleep. You go to bed at night, everything was fine. Wake up the next morning, now there's some new pain, something that doesn't work like it did just yesterday, and "Dr. Google" has no answer. Congratulations! You woke up, chosen to receive another brand new day. It's like finding a $100 bill. What will you do with it? Save it? Spend it? Give it away?

Maybe we should treat this day like a surprise. Look what I found! Sure, we had plans for this day. We drifted off last night, thinking about all the stuff we'd do tomorrow. Dreaming and planning are important, but it's equally important that we remain open to something new and unexpected. Some of us here in this little TG congregation (as Mrs. T-sipper calls us) have known the challenges of long-term illness, or the pain of an addiction. Whether it's ours or someone else's, the joys of healing and recovery make each day even more important. We come to realize that every strand of our grey hair represents a lesson learned, every scar a wound healed. Only God can give us this day. He made it especially for us; we must use it wisely and well.

Blessings and love,
NT
Prov 16: 31
To Allen Jones. Miss you brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News