ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (4-6)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Note: I express thanks and gratitude to @Bmk1989 for writing the Gift for this day, April 6, 2024. ENJOY!:

The Earth revolves around the Sun.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Nicolaus Copernicus, 1543

For a century prior, Aristotle's view of a stationary Earth at the center of a revolving universe would dominate natural philosophy, studies of the physical world, and even Christian theology. But just before his death, a Polish priest named Copernicus published his view that actually, the Earth revolved around the Sun, not the other way around. Initially branded as heresy, more than a century passed before his "theory" was accepted.

On March 26, NT began to accept previous offers to assist in drafting TG. During one exchange, I asked him how he'd managed to turn out a Gift every day, despite the many demands on his time. In answering, he revealed a little bit about his own view of the universe, when he told me that "My approach is not 'who can write TG today because I'm busy' but instead 'how will I manage my time today to write TG, since I have a busy day ahead'?"

That second approach is a mindset. In the first method, worship has to react to life, but in the second, life follows the act of worship. Accolades and achievements are great, but at what expense? If our priorities are orbiting the flimsy foundation of "self," are those achievements all that admirable? In striving to have the demands for our time revolve around Him, not ourselves, then the way we set priorities changes dramatically. Instead of serving ourselves according to our own will, making room for God only when we "have the time," we begin to serve the world according to His will. We then replace "us" with Him as the center of our universe.

What can we do today to make sure that our view of the universe comports with His?
Shouting out to our friend NT, who has shown us how to revolve around Him.

BMK
Matthew 6:33

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News