ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift

dippydawg

Ride or Die with them Horns
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2009
Austin, TX

The children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.​

~From Luke 16:8

When we think of our child within, many of us sense only the wounded child - the child who feels afraid, inadequate, needy, and shut out. It is true, of course, that we all have a child within. But that child is wise and strong, as well as wounded.

Beneath the fears and doubts, deeper than the guilt and shame, our inner child knows some truths that our adult selves aren't always sure of. That child, like all children, wants to imagine and play, to unconditionally love and be loved, to find out what's really important and to care about it. Even if the child was not allowed to act out those wants, the wants remain, stored away. Our child within still wants, craves, and reaches out for the eternal truths of successful living. We need to pay heed to our child's sense of wisdom and trust, as well as to give that child within us our adult capacity for sympathy and comfort.

I can allow myself a childlike wonder and curiosity. I will look at the world today with new eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News