ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight in the NBA

So the Spurs got the 4th and 8th pick in the draft lottery today. I’m thinking they can get a couple good young picks, maybe find a good free agent or two, and line themselves up for a good 5-10 years. I don’t think Wemby will be quick to bolt after his rookie contract.

So the Spurs got the 4th and 8th pick in the draft lottery today. I’m thinking they can get a couple good young picks, maybe find a good free agent or two, and line themselves up for a good 5-10 years. I don’t think Wemby will be quick to bolt after his rookie contrac
Hey I'm the NBA guy on here and you beat me to it 😂. My brother thinks they need a point guard.

Man this was a weird *** lottery day. Atlanta and Houston with 2 of the first 3 picks? Poor old Detroit falls out of the top 4 again? It didn't turn out so bad for Portland. They still got 2 picks.

They said this is a weak draft but there's always a couple of great players out of every draft. I hope the Spurs and Kings find them. We'll see if Popovich can still work his magic in acquiring the talent he did during the Tim Duncan era.

We are seeing the emergence of the next wave of great teams. OKC and Minnesota are young, athletic and taking the next step up. OKS is so much faster and more athletic than Dallas. That will be a 4-1 series, at best for the Mavs.
I see you don't watch much Mavs basketball. They are 1-10 in their last 11 game 1's. They never win game 1's. You totally overreacted to game 1 lol. Mavs in 6. Could be over in 5 though.

So the Spurs got the 4th and 8th pick in the draft lottery today. I’m thinking they can get a couple good young picks, maybe find a good free agent or two, and line themselves up for a good 5-10 years. I don’t think Wemby will be quick to bolt after his rookie contract.
Wemby and the Spurs are going to be so damn good once they get a few more pieces around him.

I can't believe that the thunder came back. Now you realize why SGA finished second in the mvp vote. And the OKC defense really tightened up in the second.half. Free throws killed the mavericks.

I think with his incredible wingspan he'll gain 40 pounds within 2 or 3 years.
Assuming you're correct and he gains 40 pounds, at 7'4" he'll still be a bean pole at 250. He reminds me of Ralph Sampson or Sean Bradley as far as his build goes. Those guys never packed alot of weight on. I think the heaviest Bradley was ever listed at was around 270. Sampson played around 235 to 240 if I remember right.

Reactions: hookem777
Assuming you're correct and he gains 40 pounds, at 7'4" he'll still be a bean pole at 250. He reminds me of Ralph Sampson or Sean Bradley as far as his build goes. Those guys never packed alot of weight on. I think the heaviest Bradley was ever listed at was around 270. Sampson played around 235 to 240 if I remember right.
It's different with basketball players they don't carry near as much weight as football players. Michael Jordan is 6'6" but at his peak he weighed 218 and no one doubted his strength. He'll be fine.

Bradley....gross

It's different with basketball players they don't carry near as much weight as football players. Michael Jordan is 6'6" but at his peak he weighed 218 and no one doubted his strength. He'll be fine.
HUGE difference between 6’6” / 220 and 7’4” 230. Even though the game has changed from the physical best down that it was in the 80s, 7 footers still have to bang in the paint.

Reactions: hookem777
I feel so sad for him. I read that he and his wife divorced from this. He's moved to Dallas because he can live in a more compatible home that will meet his needs.than where he lived in Utah. He said he has more trouble with rehab because of his height they've had no previous experience with a man this tall. He said his height is a hindrance. What's tragic is that he has a large family and some grandchildren that he'll never be able to hug or hold or kiss them again.

Nobody deserves this.

Reactions: diadevic
You were probably watching UT baseball. But Indiana shot over 67% from the field for the whole game. In game 7. On the road. Not even Michael's Jordan's teams did that. Myles Turner played great btw.
But I don't think they can beat Boston.
They couldn't shoot 67% because people used to play DEFENSE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT