ADVERTISEMENT

Update on 2018 4-Star Joshua Moore

nick krueger

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2011

Jordan's brother, Joshua, weighing in on things after his game on Friday. He had similarly positive things to say about Tom Herman and company, but was more open about the other schools recruiting him hard recently.
===

Joshua Moore was in on his team’s game-winning touchdown pass last Friday in Yoakum’s 3A state semifinal win over Malakoff on Friday night, except he was the one throwing the pass rather than receiving it.

Truthfully, Moore finished with an atypical stat line for a receiver of his caliber: He finished with more carries than catches, came up with a big hit to force a fumble on defense and of course, threw that fateful touchdown pass.

Doing so in Texas’ Darrell K. Memorial Stadium made the night that much more memorable for him.

“I love it, I couldn’t hardly sleep last night,” he said. “I was thinking man, what if I do commit here? I had plenty of people DM’ing me all week excited to see me and my brother play and I think we put on a show tonight.”

Texas has been at the forefront of both Joshua and brother Jordan’s recruitment since Tom Herman has assumed head coaching responsibilities. According to Joshua, the new Longhorns staff wasted little time in working the relationship they built with them while at Houston.

“A few hours after he got hired, him and Coach (Oscar) Giles texted me saying ‘Guess who just got the new job at Texas?’” he said. “When they told me, they said they have a great spot for me to come in and show all my skills in this new offense. They told me this is where your mother went to college, why not come home?

“For them to reach out to me and tell me that is a great feeling.”

Joshua Moore has been one of the most offered players in Texas in the 2018 class, and is also hearing more frequently from Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee and Texas A&Mamong others.

IN HIS WORDS
On hearing from LSU after Ed Orgeron was named head coach

“Coach Orgeron hit me up as well when he got the job,” he said. “Coach O, Coach (Dameyune) Craig, Coach (Brian) Squeglia they all hit me up. Since my freshman year they have been in contact with me, so they’ll definitely be in my top schools.”

On Ohio State, who has been among the most active recently in his recruitment

“Coach (Urban) Meyer is texting me every single day to check up on me,” he said. “I wake up at seven in the morning to a text from him just seeing how I’m doing and just checking up on me. Him, Coach (Zach) Smith texts and DM’s me all the time - it’s a great feeling.”

RIVALS REACTION
The interesting wrinkle in Joshua’s recruitment is Jordan’s upcoming commitment, which he plans to announce on Christmas Eve. As both have continued to pick up offers, their respective attitudes towards continuing to play together has evolved as well. Joshua downplays the assumption that both are actively trying to play for the same team for the sake of staying together, but if both feel what’s best for each of them is at the same place, then that possibility remains in play.

“After next week we’ll sit down and talk about it a whole bunch,” Joshua said. “But it doesn’t impact my decision - not at all.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News