Updated Spring Football Depth Charts Just Over Halfway Through Practices

Alex Dunlap

Any Updates on Desmond Harrison?
Staff
Jan 18, 2005
Travis Settlement, TX
SPONSORED BY MYPERFECTFRANCHISE.NET

Are you…

• Ready to leave the corporate Rat Race for the American Dream?
  • Looking for a side hustle while working your current job?
  • Wanting to diversify, build wealth, and/or leave a legacy?
Andy can help!!!

Andy is a franchise consultant (as well as franchise owner) and helps people find franchises that fit their skill sets, financial requirements, time to commit and more….

His services are 100% free and he’s here to help if you have any questions about business ownership.

image_from_ios.jpg

Learn more about Andy and franchise ownership through these resources:

Andy's Story
Why a Franchise
Service Based vs Brick and Mortar
Semi Absentee Ownership
The Process and How It works

Andy Luedecke
www.MyPerfectFranchise.Net
p: 404-973-9901
e: andy@myperfectfranchise.net
Book time with me at: Andy's Calendar

At just after the halfway point of 2024 spring practices, the Longhorns had a low-impact practice Thursday (sort of like a walk-through) after a physical Tuesday practice in full pads, and ahead of what we've been led to believe will be a very scrimmage-like Saturday practice with recruits and visitors scheduled to be in attendance. It's as good a time as ever to take stock of what we've learned from sources and through media availability windows thus far as it pertains to the projected depth chart on both sides of the football.

The original projections I put out the week prior to practices starting were, surprisingly, much more accurate than I had anticipated given all the new factors in place: transfer portal guys, new position coaches, etc. but, there were a few things that needed adjusting, which were:

- Left tackle depth behind Kelvin Banks not including Brandon Baker
- Neto Umeozulu at least pushing for work with the ones at LG (although this was not the case to start spring ball, and only became a storyline last week)
- Malik Agbo appearing to return to a true OL position as opposed to jumbo TE
- Amari Niblack not entering into the picture as the immediate second TE with Gunnar Helm (although I do anticipate that happening eventually)
- Isaiah Bond aligning at the X WR position as opposed to the slot
- Vernon Broughton aligning at nose instead of DT and vice-versa for Alfred Collins
- Tausili Akana playing edge and not inside LB
- Morice Blackwell mixing in heavily with the ones so as to need an "OR" between him and David Gbenda
- Liona Lefau clearly being ahead of Kendrick Blackshire (at least for now)
- Andrew Mukuba not entering practice as the immediate starter over Michael Taaffe

And it's important to also remember that this updated chart, while likely pretty close to being 100% right, inevitably has a few players I've misplaced. We only get to see so much of practice, and a ton of this stuff is very straight-forward to see, but among the depth, you'd have to be out there and able to simply see a lot more of practice to have it dialed in totally perfectly.

With that said, this should give a good picture of where we stand at this point, and give us something to look back on regarding how things might have changed through the second half of spring practices once we see how these guys line up in the actual spring game. Hopefully I didn't erase anyone as I was moving these guys around and re-arranging, but, fortunately if so, I know the perfect message board to let me know very quickly of my mistake.

- As always an "OR" between players means they are interchangeable and probably represents a camp battle-type of situation we'll have to monitor. It does not matter who is listed first. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS LISTED FIRST WHEN THERE IS AN "OR" BETWEEN TWO PLAYERS!!!

Click Images To Enlarge

OFFENSE v.2

2024-Depth-Chart-Copy-of-spring-2024-OFF-v.2-OFF.jpg

DEFENSE v.2

2024-Depth-Chart-Copy-of-spring-2024-DEF-v.2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News