ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Charlie

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
Glad ya let everyone know who's startin! All these yrs and all this money and we still wind up with Swoopes..4 season win coming up..

Hook'em

Swoopes

I watched the press conference and the media basically put those words in his mouth. I don't think they have decided who will start yet.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

FBH...I didn't see enough in the passing game from Heard to keep the opponent's from stacking 8 in the box to defend the run. Good, bad or indifferent, Swoopes' ability to stretch the field deep and to hit those POP passes keeps the defense honest against the run. Swoopes has to start in South Bend, but may not be the starter come Okie State.

Swoopes can't have decent game against ND and still not come out with the victory? It's plausible considering his progress shown so far.

Originally posted by CAHorn47:
FBH...I didn't see enough in the passing game from Heard to keep the opponent's from stacking 8 in the box to defend the run. Good, bad or indifferent, Swoopes' ability to stretch the field deep and to hit those POP passes keeps the defense honest against the run. Swoopes has to start in South Bend, but may not be the starter come Okie State.
I agree with ya CA, but, damn it worries me, I was hoping the season would start good for us and it may happen but, its slim, I just hope that he's doing better than the Arky game and don't freak out or we will be the laughing stock again, some say its only April, I guarantee that it will be here soon that ya gotta pay attention to it early, still burns my butt that we don;t have a good QB at Texas since the Bama game. Maybe no kid wants to play here cause of the pressure at QB at Texas, I said that this was coming after Colt left, I think Ash did a decent job and maybe would have been better... UT without a good QB is unthinkable with our history of having good ones!

Hook'em

I'm actually good with what I've seen if we want to worry about "way to early to give clarity". Spring games are nothing more than a glorified practice. I saw plenty that has me thinking Heard's legs end up winning him the job. He throws a good ball, he needs to work on timing and he's a RS/F I don't expect him to be perfect.

DL is a strength and they weren't even at full capacity and the improved OL still got good push. This offense with it's changes is going to make plays based on the overall TEAM improvement, it's not just the QB position. Both QB's were making reads and Swoopes was throwing the ball much better, better accuracy and better timing. Heard has gifted legs and was making solid reads.

We didn't have a back up situation last season, it was what it was. Now, there is another QB in the mix....Charlie is still headed in the right direction. Heard took too many sacks on Saturday, but it was against the 1's and I'm not certain on whether or not it was mostly coverage or him not seeing the field.

I came away cautiously optimistic at what looks to be a very "tOSU like" offensive scheme... Smart move by the staff.

This post was edited on 4/20 9:37 AM by TexExSpur

Glad ya let everyone know who's startin! All these yrs and all this money and we still wind up with Swoopes..4 season win coming up..

Hook'em

Swoopes

I think Heard should start from day one. He might be staring down receivers and throwing an interception but he actually made his numbers against the number one D. When Swoopes actually went against the ones they went three and out.

Bite the bullet and let heard play, most horns are giving the under 500 coach a pass this year anyway.....

One season defines a career?

It's more than that. He took an 8-5 team with plenty of talent left to 6-7. Now, you horns are ok with a six or seven win season this year. Don't say you're not ok, because if that wasn't the case yall wouldn't already be calling it a rebuilding year. You guys give us a hard time about Sumlin dropping to 8-5 but yall are ok with Strong having two seasons worse than that with all that talent. It just doesn't add up!

It's more than that. He took an 8-5 team with plenty of talent left to 6-7. Now, you horns are ok with a six or seven win season this year. Don't say you're not ok, because if that wasn't the case yall wouldn't already be calling it a rebuilding year. You guys give us a hard time about Sumlin dropping to 8-5 but yall are ok with Strong having two seasons worse than that with all that talent. It just doesn't add up!

Where to begin... I give him a pass on year one because he had nothing at QB, no experience whatsoever. Ash was lost after the first game... He also lost his starting center and 2 tackles after the first game. They did everything they could to preserve Heard's red shirt and the left them with Swoopes to do battle with and he did to the tune of six wins that could have easily been 5 or 8. The line is and was the biggest issue outside of Swoopes gaining his composure and ability to be a leader. All that talent you speak of, wasn't on the O-line, at QB, or in any other key position that had an ability to make a change.

The defense kept them in games and they struggled to a top 25 finish in total D.

Sumlin is in year three gives us something to talk about... You have three seasons to work with, not 1.... Sumlin is 13-11 in the SEC and his OOC schedule has been a joke. They finally play a P5 school this year OOC.

You come across as simply another pot stirring Aggy!

Now, you horns are ok with a six or seven win season this year.
We're not "OK" with mediocrity like you perennial losers, aggy. We're simply in the middle of rebuilding our championship program. There's a difference, not that you would understand what winners feel.

Dude...If Strong is still winning 8 games in year 3 or 4 then I will begin to get upset. If Texas wins more than they lose over the next two years I will be happy.

You're trying to compare a coach with two full recruiting classes versus a guy that doesn't have one yet. That is why it doesn't add up math whiz

Reactions: Scholz

Can you do us all a favor and hit yourself in the head with a hammer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT