ADVERTISEMENT

who returns who goes pro

hookem777

Dec 13, 2011
X is gone..we all knew that

We heard rumors that there was one secret returning player..who do we think it is?

Quinn basically said in his post game interview he is coming back. "only thing we can do is hit the off season hard to try and get back to this place next year."

What say you

Mitchell has a son that's why he transferred back to Texas because he wants to be near his son and baby momma. He's gone

Whittington is a senior he's gone as well. I don't know about anyone else.

Mitchell has a son that's why he transferred back to Texas because he wants to be near his son and baby momma. He's gone

Whittington is a senior he's gone as well. I don't know about anyone else.
daughter and i think he stays because of her

Sanders i could also see coming back. If either are top 20 picks graded they're gone.

Ford, Jones, Majors, Watts, #7, Sanders, Mitchel, Worthy, Sweat, Murphy, Brooks, Barron

Last edited:
Sigh, if only Quinn was good enough to go pro. I'm sorry, but I'm Ewered the fvck out. Don't know if I can take another season of his laziness and slow thinking.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Sigh, if only Quinn was good enough to go pro. I'm sorry, but I'm Ewered the fvck out. Don't know if I can take another season of his laziness and slow thinking.
I second this. He almost seems lazy and lethargic. I don’t think he has the same zip on his ball that he had prior to the injury last season vs Bama. I’m also sick of the cute, “Aaron Rodgers” side arm flicks that constantly get batted down at the LOS. I’m ready for Arch to take the reins. One full season as a RS and a full offseason as the starter. He’d be ready by September. I just think Quinn is what he is.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Ewers is about to face his "Rattler" moment. He is about to be pushed hard. They may not announce a QB competition in the Spring, but there will be one. Ewers is between a rock and a hard place and those Swifty dreams are fading fast.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I second this. He almost seems lazy and lethargic. I don’t think he has the same zip on his ball that he had prior to the injury last season vs Bama. I’m also sick of the cute, “Aaron Rodgers” side arm flicks that constantly get batted down at the LOS. I’m ready for Arch to take the reins. One full season as a RS and a full offseason as the starter. He’d be ready by September. I just think Quinn is what he is.
The thing is, I don’t think the other players on the team that want to make a run at the title again in ‘24 don’t want the year wasted on training or breaking in a freshman QB on their dime. As I have mentioned, Ewers is only a 20 year old sophomore as we speak. I am sure if QE stays, he will probably get some personal NFL QB training in the off season to build on this year

Exactly.

Colt made his biggest leap between his second and third year. He was one drive away from a national title game in 2008.
Nobody remembers but a few years ago their was a thing called "sophomore slump" and it was normal to happen. Everyone..well most .are so fast to bench a kid.

I promise Ewers stats where probably better year 2 than colt and ewers missed some games.

C'mon guys we're all disappointed over the loss but let's not go overboard. Ewers improved a lot this season. I'm confident he'll show the same kind of improvement next year.

And he did no Texas qb has done since Colt. He won a Big XII title and got Texas into the playoffs. And it's possible that we lost to a team that won the championship.

Right now there's no other qb on the roster that I want to lead us into the SEC.

One last thing
TX 34
Alabama 24 one of the biggest wins in longhorn history. That LSU Heisman winner lost to them by 14 points.

Last edited:
Penix has been in college for like 6 years, same with Bo Nix and they were 2 of the top 3 QBs in college this year. Quinn has all the tools he needs to be great. He just needs the game to slow down a little more. This last game he was full of nerves and Washington was showing blitz and then backing off, showing blitz and then not backing off. They had his head swimming in that first half, but he will continue to get more comfortable.

You all make good points. I dunno I just don't see it. Our biggest downfall was red zone offense, and almost completely on Ewers. Slow decision making, panicking and immediately throwing balls in the stands, and constantly overthrowing fades when a back shoulder would be an easy TD. Not knowing which pass to throw when killed us.

And just like Rainy said above, those goddamn lazy sidearms like he's playing toss with his nieces and nephews in the back yard must stop. I don't ever remember Colt having mechanics anywhere near this poor, not even at Jim Ned. The guy's had two years of training by two QB gurus. How fvcking long should it take to pick up basic mechanics from them?

I really hope you guys are right, but sorry I just don't see it. I've given up on him.

Nobody remembers but a few years ago their was a thing called "sophomore slump" and it was normal to happen. Everyone..well most .are so fast to bench a kid.

I promise Ewers stats where probably better year 2 than colt and ewers missed some games.
Guess which is which--
Colt or Quinn

276-- 424 3303 yards 22 tds 18 ints
272-- 394 3479 yards 22 tds 6 ints

One more year should make Quinn lights out. The last drive Quinn throws to Blue after faking the swing pass horrible call on Quinn. 2nd play Quinn does his over throw into the stands where our TE was open on the 9 yard line! 3rd play Quinn under pressure doesn't get sack and now 1 second left to play. Then on 4th down throws pretty much out of bounds AD was to far to the right, Quinn also didnt look anywhere else and was focus on AD the whole time! So did Quinn melt down or fall apart the last drive?

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
Guess which is which--
Colt or Quinn

276-- 424 3303 yards 22 tds 18 ints
272-- 394 3479 yards 22 tds 6 ints
Colt had 18 Ints i know that. He played scared AND i wont lie id take QE over Colt Freshman year on the 06 team. Colt had a great freshman team behind him.

If we keep playing Circle the wagon every time our QB has a bad game then we will never get anywhere. The kid is 20. One a big 12 championship and got us to the playoffs for the first time. The redzone issues are not all on QE. Sark called piss poor plays 80 percent of the year in the redzone and im pretty sure i read that Sarks QBs aren't allowed to call audibles at this time.

Quinn may not ever when a NC here at Texas but what he HAS done is Win a big 12 championship as a Sophomore and for the most part protected the ball. He had some bad throws yes. But nobody was complaining about his throws when he torched bama all over the field. We just like to remember the bad more than the good and the past 10 plus years have taught Texas fans how to always look at the negatives. Its been beatin into us.

IF ANYONE HERE would have heard, hey listen. This year you will go 12-2 Win the Big12 and Lose in the semi final playoffs on the final play of the game with a chance to win, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU MFKERS WOULD SAY SIGN ME UP lol.

This team is on a huge upward trajectory and QE is apart of that. He deserves a little more respect.

One more year should make Quinn lights out. The last drive Quinn throws to Blue after faking the swing pass horrible call on Quinn. 2nd play Quinn does his over throw into the stands. 3rd play Quinn under pressure doesn't get sack and now 1 second left to play. Then on 4th down throws pretty much out of bounds AD was to far to the right. So did Quinn melt down or fall apart the last drive?
Honestly man. I think Quinn was concussed for a lot of the 4th quarter. That head hitting the turf was nasty whiplash. They had a shot of him on the sidelines and everyone was laughing saying look at how sad he looks. I saw in his eyes he was looking at nothing. I think he was out of it but refused to come out.

Honestly man. I think Quinn was concussed for a lot of the 4th quarter. That head hitting the turf was nasty whiplash. They had a shot of him on the sidelines and everyone was laughing saying look at how sad he looks. I saw in his eyes he was looking at nothing. I think he was out of it but refused to come out.

Do you think Arch could of done different on those last plays?

Give Colt Quinn's coaching, he wins two Heismans and two natties.
not his first 2 years..dude colt was always getting injured if you dont remember. He was WAAY undersized until his junior year he put on some weight and then even more his senior.

You’re right. When Arch was warming up and Quinn was staring off into oblivion I figured he was done. I was shocked when he came back in.

As far as stats go for this year I don’t care about that. I care about what my eyeballs tell me and that says he had poor mechanics last year and poor mechanics this year. We struggled in the red zone all season. In the TCU and Houston game he started hot and had zero answers when the defense made adjustments. I know he’s 20 and hell, maybe he’ll stay and win the heisman next year. I’m just saying what I see as of today

Do you think Arch could of done different on those last plays?
Maybe? Maybe not. I dont think he would have got us to the 12 yard line in 40 seconds...but do i think he could have maybe made a better last throw? Maybe. Arch is still 18, soft and Fresh. Who knows if the moment would have been to big or not.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT