ADVERTISEMENT

Why Would Anyone Play Football at A&M?

Unfortunately for horn fans, you're not recruiting history majors.

Weak, that is the best you could come up with?

Yeah really weak, considering Locksley patterned his game after Vince Young. You remember what VY did in Austin? That's right, something aggy will never sniff. Apparently the recruits remember, even in Maryland.

Originally posted by Falko:
Sumlin has 0, I state 0 conference championships. Hell he couldn't even win one in the shitty Conf USA. He sells recruits on other SEC accomplishments.
Sumlin: Texas A&M is in the best division of the best conference...

Recruit: So what have you won during your time here?

Sumlin: Well 3 years ago we beat Alabama.

Recruit: great! What about conference championships?

Sumlin: Well we beat oklahoma too...

Recruit: okay. Have you at least played in a CC game?

Sumlin: Ummmm... We beat Bama. Have you seen our barbershop??

Re: Why Would Anyone Play Football at A&M?

Originally posted by Metcalf #2:
Yeah really weak, considering Locksley patterned his game after Vince Young. You remember what VY did in Austin? That's right, something aggy will never sniff. Apparently the recruits remember, even in Maryland.

So Metcalf your telling me that Kai was what 8 or 9 years old and remembers VY play and win a natty? And now dedicates his game to that and is now a division 1 qb going to UT where his idol went to?! WOW yeah aggy don't know anything about that!!

HOOK EM
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What a high school thread all the way around. A little objectivity and rational analysis would serve to legitimize both sides of the argument. Instead, this sounds like a bunch of third graders on the playground. As for the OP, just troll bait. I am familiar with FBH's posts and understand they are frequently devoid of lucidity.
flush.r191677.gif

Hey, I'm not speaking for me....I'm speaking for what I think an 18 year old kid who has aspirations to play on the big stage might be thinking.

Apparently they think one school is on the up, and the other is living on their reputation and a trophy case full of hardware and lots of dust.

Originally posted by madcow12:

Originally posted by fanoftheaggies:

Originally posted by Jagged Horn:
BYU, UCLA, N Texas > Lamar, SMU, Rice, ULM.

Padding your schedule with 4 patsies doesn't make up for a losing conference record.
EOT
A&M was 2-0 against Arkansas and West Virginia and Texas went 1-1. Stop with the padding schedules stuff.

truth hurts, if you guys could play crippled kids in wheel chairs to get a win you would. We would have beat all of them so take your padding schedule and shove it up your ass.
except you didn't beat all of them....

Originally posted by RoboCocks21:

Originally posted by AggieEric78:
Sorry Nazi,

Black Sox nailed it. There is a reason Aggie recruiting has spiked. Kids want to play Alabama, LSU, and Auburn and play in front of 90K plus each week as opposed to playing ISU, KU, Tech, etc each week in front of 50K.

Wow! I am a new poster on here and don't know why it took me so long to get on here BUT WOW!!! I didn't know aggy was like this. It's like it opened a new world to me. What are they on? Cause it seems like it's some good stuff! Can we get all aggys drug tested before they post on here to make sure they aren't delusional?

Hook Em

why because that statement isn't accurate? What about it is wrong?

Originally posted by oldschoolcat:

Hey, I'm not speaking for me....I'm speaking for what I think an 18 year old kid who has aspirations to play on the big stage might be thinking.

Apparently they think one school is on the up, and the other is living on their reputation and a trophy case full of hardware and lots of dust.
On the up? What has aggy won? Shouldn't their record get better if they're "on the up?"

Aggy delusion.

Originally posted by Black_SoxAg:

"A&M in the same realm of college football as Texas?"

Currently? Yes. History..no.

Unless Texas joins another conference...which they are going to have to, then A&M will continue to be a place better than Texas to go to for football.
A) Texas doesn't have to run away to a new conference to succeed.

B) Why is A&M in a better place? You're a middle of the road team now just like you've always been. Just in different conference. Same old aggys. Talking tough and never accomplishing jack.

UT will get a top 10 recruiting class tomorrow, skippy. That completely undermines your hopes and wishes for kids supposedly thinking we're old news. In fact, your blatant dishonesty simply reveals your bitterness and obsession towards Texas, that's all. Maybe it's just that your mind is so limited that you simply can't imagine aggy success without mean ole t.u. failing. It's sad really.

Originally posted by Scholz:

UT will get a top 10 recruiting class tomorrow, skippy. That completely undermines your hopes and wishes for kids supposedly thinking we're old news. In fact, your blatant dishonesty simply reveals your bitterness and obsession towards Texas, that's all. Maybe it's just that your mind is so limited that you simply can't imagine aggy success without mean ole t.u. failing. It's sad really.
All of this

Originally posted by RoboCocks21:
Originally posted by Metcalf #2:

So Metcalf your telling me that Kai was what 8 or 9 years old and remembers VY play and win a natty? And now dedicates his game to that and is now a division 1 qb going to UT where his idol went to?! WOW yeah aggy don't know anything about that!!

HOOK EM
Exactly. And in case aggy wants to deny this, listen to the man himself.....

Kai's words last summer

What about this is wrong, you ask? Simple. Do kids want to play in front of 90-100 ppl every weekend? Sure they do. Nobody is denying that. But that statement didn't state that "kids don't want to lose" every weekend either. Face it, another mediocre season in the sec, or as aggy calls it "part for the course" --- a 9th place finish, and these kids will go somewhere else. It's fun playing rough competition, but when you lose 5 games, it's no fun.

You got a bump from joining the sec, you got a bump from Johnny. Now ppl are realising what we knew all along, Johnny is a whiney, entitled, alcoholic deushe. He's embarrassed your school and the administration no longer claims him. Aggys round the globe cringed during the NFL awards ceremony when Johnny jokes were told. Cameras couldn't pan around fast enough to see the reactions of "real" football pros. And the knee slapping reaction we saw was all you need to know. Johnny is a joke to the REAL pros.

You've lost your Johnny luster. Guess what, after you go 7-5, then 8-4 over the next two years, ya know, normal records for aggy, you'll lose your sec luster as well. And whether charlie is the right coach for texas right now remains to be seen, but one thing I can assure you, we will be relevant more often and for longer periods of time than aggy. History always repeats itself and this is no different.

You can move neighborhoods, but when you just have an "average" house, the neighborhood you live in towers over you. You'll never surpass bama, lsu, georgia, florida--- and Texas. You're an also ran. Know your role. There's a reason the term "blue bloods" exists. And you're not one of us. You never will be.

Ever.
Ever.
Ever.
Ever.

Aggies work the land. Longhorns own the land.

Originally posted by clob94:

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

And most of the people who fill the stands actually work for the Aggie

Outside of Houston Horns hiring Ags dominate this number.

Originally posted by JohnsBrother:
What a high school thread all the way around. A little objectivity and rational analysis would serve to legitimize both sides of the argument. Instead, this sounds like a bunch of third graders on the playground. As for the OP, just troll bait. I am familiar with FBH's posts and understand they are frequently devoid of lucidity.
flush.r191677.gif
You can take ya "devoid of lucidity." and stick it up your ass! If ya know me so well how come ya don't have more posts? I bet ya sommeone like Chris Jesse or another that's been here and banned hiding behind a new handle! Not man enough to keep ya real handle? Probaly a fake-ass Longhorn fan!

Hook'em

Originally posted by Scholz:

Originally posted by clob94:

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."
"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, booger eating morons."

FIFY, Scholz
wink.r191677.gif

I would like to weigh in on this thread.

First of all I don't give a ha*** rats a** how many 4 or 5* players a&m signs. Since they're in another conference that means were not going to play them. I don't know any of their players names,I never even heard of Kenny Hill till their first game last year.

I'm more concerned with who OK signs because we play them every year and they're always our biggest rival. Heck, I'm more concerned with who Baylor and TCU sigma for the same reason as OK. The frogs and the bears are sitting at the big boys table which is something a&m can't claim.

As far as what a&m says about them being a better place to play fb,that their coaches do a better job of developing players the answer is an emphatic NO. Do this for another ten years then we'll talk. The only thing a&m can claim is that they've had a better team than TX the last three years. They confuse this with being a national name.

Finally as far as recruiting better than TX. Next year will be Kevin Sumlin's fourth year in College Station so some of these four and 5* players are going to see the playing field. How they do will be an indication of how good their coaching staff is at developing players. It will show us if these kids can run with the big dogs. Can they do it against the SEC west, arguably the most competitive conference in the country? To make sure you understand who I'm talking about I'm only talking about I'm only about SEC west not the SEC.

So what if they're better than TX? The fact of the matter is that Baylor and TCU, not a&m are the big dogs in TX. Even with Manziel Baylor would have beaten a&m two years ago. And both teams especially TCU would have beaten them last year. Don't forget the frogs beat an Ole Miss team,an SEC Ole Miss team in a BCS level bowl,the same Ole Miss team that thumped a&m in College Station on national tv. The Big XII is not a strong conference from top to bottom everyone knows that. But our best teams would have beaten a&m.

All you aggies can brag about is being the third best team in TX, big deal. And given Charlie Strong's proven reputation for developing players, it's only a matter of time before you become the fourth best team in TX.

If they think this, then why is Texas slated with a top 10 class - probably better than aggys class? And have you tards forgotten that 2 years ago Texas was playing for their CC while aggy hasn't played for one in over a decade?

But you are right about one school trying to live off its reputation.. and it is aggys being in the sec that is being discussed here.... funny how you idiots fail to recognize all of this.... Texas CAN lean on its history b/c it has it - both recent and overall... aggys do not have it so therefor can NOT lean on theirs... and you ALL wish you could...

Statements like what was posted here by oldschool shows the fundamental flaw of all aggy thinking...

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

If they think this, then why is Texas slated with a top 10 class - probably better than aggys class? And have you tards forgotten that 2 years ago Texas was playing for their CC while aggy hasn't played for one in over a decade?

But you are right about one school trying to live off its reputation.. and it is aggys being in the sec that is being discussed here.... funny how you idiots fail to recognize all of this.... Texas CAN lean on its history b/c it has it - both recent and overall... aggys do not have it so therefor can NOT lean on theirs... and you ALL wish you could...

Statements like what was posted here by oldschool shows the fundamental flaw of all aggy thinking...
Yawn.....read above.....jeez people.

OP asked why would anyone play football at A&M.....so that's my answer. Disagree with it? Fine. But it's my opinion on why an 18 year old would choose A&M over Texas in a head up choice.

This whole "idiots fail to recognize"....."A&M has no history"......"wish you could be like us" is fine and good but is not even what we're talking about. Y'all remind me of a bunch of women....

Now, if you want my opinions on Longhorns I can give that. But you probably would disagree with that too. And Scholz would cry.

The real answer to the OPs question is this.

Because thanks to limited starting spots and limited scholarships, not everyone can play at places like Texas. So some have to matriculate to places like ATM or New Mexico St or other wannabe schools that never win anything but like to brag because they have little mans syndrome. The result for these schools is fan bases full of bitterness and envy and stacking of moral victories.

Here is the bottom line... Whichever school comes out on top tomorrow is the winner. The other is the loser. You can't spin it, you can't apply relativism, you can't fall back on a moral victory. None of that counts. It doesn't matter if they are one spot apart or ten, one school will come out on top of the other school. It's that simple. Then you work with the hand you have been dealt.

Here is the bottom line... Whichever school comes out on top tomorrow is the winner. The other is the loser. You can't spin it, you can't apply relativism, you can't fall back on a moral victory. None of that counts. It doesn't matter if they are one spot apart or ten, one school will come out on top of the other school. It's that simple. Then you work with the hand you have been dealt.

dangerfield-rodney_zpsa9650092.jpg

Hook'em

Originally posted by FlourBluffHorn:

ec

Hook'em
Uh huh...

Dafuq? Sounds like aggy logic to me,.,,,, recruiting class = winner.... then talk about no moral victories..... smh.. What exactly does the "winner" of this get? A great class means NOTHING if your staff cant develop it..... sumlin has shown he cant, Strong has shown he can....

And we know all about awesome classes that didn't do crap under Mack... so this is spoken from experience...

What in the world are you talking about?

There is no trophy for being "one spot or ten spots ahead" in recruiting grading/predictions on NSD.

At the end of the day, nobody wins jack sh!t tomorrow. There is no actual winner of anything......the whole entire thing is just a moral victory.

You make my point for me. You clowns haven't won anything of substance in a long, long time. So you take "almost beating UF in your first SEC home game" or being a spot ahead in recruiting or beating Arky when Texas loses to them or beating WVU by less than what Texas blasted them by.......and somehow you brag about this sh!t. Like you won something. THAT, my friend, IS EXACTLY WHAT A MORAL VICTORY IS.

Hilarious that you know all about it, and nothing about it at the same time. Do you walk around with blinders on?

It's a pragmatic post on a sophomoric thread. None of you guys (Longhorns or Aggies) will ever even think of looking at any of this objectively. So, whoever wins the recruiting war wins the recruiting war. The rest will play itself out. Everyone's pretty touchy tonight...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT