ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Taggart named new coach at FSU

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
No surprise he was listed as the leading candidate. They said they were looking to hire someone of color and from what I've read Taggart has taken teams from nothing to something. There's nothing wrong with making someone of color a priority. There have been a lot of black men who could have succeeded if given a chance. David Shaw at Stanford has proven they are out there. And FSU is an outstanding opportunity that most coaches would jump at. I've read that the facilities aren't as good as they should be. All WT has to do is mention this and they can upgrade their facilities in just a couple of years.

All this being said I'm still a little bit surprised that they didn't hire a big name coach.

Looks like Arkansas will hire Chad Morris. I always liked him too. Wonder who Oregon will get?

I've read that the facilities aren't as good as they should be.

That's a false narrative put out there by Jimbo. Andrea Adelson at ESPN did a tour of the facilities there on Monday and apparently she was confused how they were considered "not that good". Jimbo had to come up with some kind of an excuse to overshadow running away from all the problems he caused in Tallahassee for money.

While it's not A&M or Oregon, FSU's facilities are actually quite good. They're the best of all the Florida schools. Hell, just a year or two ago they were rated as Top 10 for facilities.

Last edited:
That's a false narrative put out there by Jimbo. Andrea Adelson at ESPN did a tour of the facilities there on Monday and apparently she was confused how they were considered "not that good"

While it's not A&M or Oregon, FSU's facilities are actually quite good. They're the best of all the Florida schools. Hell, just a year or two ago they were rated as Top 10 for facilities.

Because the entire facilities arms race has created the narrative among fans that if you aren't top 5 it's a dump.

Reactions: outhereincali
That's a false narrative put out there by Jimbo. Andrea Adelson at ESPN did a tour of the facilities there on Monday and apparently she was confused how they were considered "not that good"

Well that's interesting. Thanks for the correct story

Rumors are Taggert is bringing Jim leavitt with him as DC. If true that’s a home run for FSU.
Early rumor on Oregon is Lane Kiffin. We will see.

I refuse to believe that Jimbo Fisher left an FSU team without talent.

Hell no. That team is chock full of talent. Which is all the more perplexing as to why they got smoked by teams with inferior talent.

Jimbo is a great recruiter and talent evaluator but an average play caller.

Oregon should make Cristobal the HC. He did pretty well at FIU and was with saban for a while. He’s a wizard at recruiting and could kill it in Cali.

Oregon should make Cristobal the HC. He did pretty well at FIU and was with saban for a while. He’s a wizard at recruiting and could kill it in Cali.
And if he doesn’t get the job Herman should make him the new OL coach the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT