ADVERTISEMENT

Words can't do justice to how much I despise.....

Absolutely. Herman is going to be a good coach at Texas. It's foolish for people to give up on him after one game. I'll take Herman all day long over Strong. When things shake out, this will be a good hire for Texas.
I believe this as well. There is at least some sanity and decent discussion on this board. The pay site of OB is unbelievable-Panic mode. Doesn't even seem like a Texas site. Many approved of the low life fans throwing things onto the field.

I believe this as well. There is at least some sanity and decent discussion on this board. The pay site of OB is unbelievable-Panic mode. Doesn't even seem like a Texas site. Many approved of the low life fans throwing things onto the field.

Wow sounds aggish I hate to say that....and you pay money for that?

Wow sounds aggish I hate to say that....and you pay money for that?
There are a lot of smart guys just like on this site, but, it is unbearable right now. I have no issue in criticizing TH and/or the program-that is what these sites are all about. But many are trashing our players/coaches with hostile and detestable language... I like a lot of the off topic stuff on the pay side.

UT is light years away from "being like Michigan"....this year, last year OR next year.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I see what you are saying...my point is coaching needs to address these issues. The Maryland QB is not a better passer than Buechele but they made their offense effective. See what I mean? Put a running QB in and do what Maryland did.

I'm not going to argue, but Maryland's QB has a better arm than Buechele. Based on last year and today's game, there are throws that our coaches do not trust Buechele to make. There is nothing I've seen from him that leads me to believe that he will be anything other than a game manager.

A QB without a run game can not be effective. A defense that does not fill the holes can not be effective. Two rubs called as offensive pass interference, seriously. Two OL line take downs does not equal holding, it is the result of a stronger o-lineman controlling the pass rusher. All that should not have mattered. Herman is correct we shot ourselves in the foot by over pursue and not fill the gaps. Boo is a good QB, he needs some run support . Apparently Warren is too slow to the hole, if there were any, so run some misdirection.

Reactions: swVAHorn
We will learn a lot about Herman as a HC this season.....if he can't get the most out of his staff...and players....what will he do?... A great HC hires great coaches and manages everything.....If it is a season like the last 3 will he make changes? Our Oline didn't KNOW who to block many times it seemed. The defense was out of position a LOT ....very depressing.

I am on record of being glad of the Herman hire because he was the best OPTION at the time. I still think he will be a very good HC here.

Last edited:
TH is a good coach. I have yet to find the coach that wins every guy he's suppose to win.

Hindsight is 20/20. Actually orlandos defenses ranked among the top in run defense and total defense for the two years at Houston. Today, they did look terrible as did the majority of the team.
You bring up interesting points about Orlando's last 2 years at Houston. The only difference being he didn't bring his players from Houston. We are currently paper tigers on defense. I was hoping Orlando/Herman didn't look at star ratings and physical measurements when choosing the starters. We have many of the same players on defense from last year, and they still dont appear to have high football IQs. However, they do look good without shirts on:rolleyes:

You bring up interesting points about Orlando's last 2 years at Houston. The only difference being he didn't bring his players from Houston. We are currently paper tigers on defense. I was hoping Orlando/Herman didn't look at star ratings and physical measurements when choosing the starters. We have many of the same players on defense from last year, and they still dont appear to have high football IQs. However, they do look good without shirts on:rolleyes:

45 year Terp fan here. So yeah, we all were stunned to win that game yesterday. Stunned. Here's my take. First, you guys will roll us next fall at FedEx Field (where the Redskins play).

Yesterday, your team was playing its first game under a new coach, new system, against a 21 point dog team picked to finish 5th in the B1G East. They were not as fired up as they should have been. Your guys aren't senior-heavy, starting one senior on offense, two on defense, with no upperclassmen starting at offense skill positions. Your QB is a terrific pocket passer, but not a huge running threat, and when a D needn't account for a QB who can take it to the house, it lets the D take more chances.

Herman will be recruiting you top shelf 5 star dual threat QBs every year, since the read option rules college football offenses -- not pocket passing. Our coach, DJ Durkin, coached under Meyer just like Herman did, and Durkin was probably familiar with some of Herman's tendencies. Durkin also is a recruiting star, winning the nation's top recruiter award not long ago. And some of our guys yesterday -- including our backup QB -- were 4 and 5 star recruits. Our recruiting backyard, the DMV, puts out some pretty good talent, albeit not Florida or Texas level. Still, Saban, Meyer and Harbaugh are here every year recruiting our HS kids. Our backup QB Hill was a Rivals 4 star with 15 offers from Power 5 schools.

I think we got some breaks and some luck to go our way yesterday, and next fall, I'd expect Herman will run at us with more read option and left/right running plays, rotating in more players, to wear us down with our lack of high quality depth -- the same tactic Meyer uses against us. I think both your line coaches need to light a fire on your guys in the trenches, since we had way too much success in the trenches yesterday than I expected. Your special teams coach needs to light a fire with those players as well, since we had more success on special teams yesterday against a P5 school than I can ever remember in the past 10 years.

Lastly, many of my friends went to Austin and utterly loved the atmosphere and outstanding people there. I am still bummed I couldn't make the trip. See you guys next fall up here in the D.C. area, and best of luck on the rest of your season.

45 year Terp fan here. So yeah, we all were stunned to win that game yesterday. Stunned. Here's my take. First, you guys will roll us next fall at FedEx Field (where the Redskins play).

Yesterday, your team was playing its first game under a new coach, new system, against a 21 point dog team picked to finish 5th in the B1G East. They were not as fired up as they should have been. Your guys aren't senior-heavy, starting one senior on offense, two on defense, with no upperclassmen starting at offense skill positions. Your QB is a terrific pocket passer, but not a huge running threat, and when a D needn't account for a QB who can take it to the house, it lets the D take more chances.

Herman will be recruiting you top shelf 5 star dual threat QBs every year, since the read option rules college football offenses -- not pocket passing. Our coach, DJ Durkin, coached under Meyer just like Herman did, and Durkin was probably familiar with some of Herman's tendencies. Durkin also is a recruiting star, winning the nation's top recruiter award not long ago. And some of our guys yesterday -- including our backup QB -- were 4 and 5 star recruits. Our recruiting backyard, the DMV, puts out some pretty good talent, albeit not Florida or Texas level. Still, Saban, Meyer and Harbaugh are here every year recruiting our HS kids. Our backup QB Hill was a Rivals 4 star with 15 offers from Power 5 schools.

I think we got some breaks and some luck to go our way yesterday, and next fall, I'd expect Herman will run at us with more read option and left/right running plays, rotating in more players, to wear us down with our lack of high quality depth -- the same tactic Meyer uses against us. I think both your line coaches need to light a fire on your guys in the trenches, since we had way too much success in the trenches yesterday than I expected. Your special teams coach needs to light a fire with those players as well, since we had more success on special teams yesterday against a P5 school than I can ever remember in the past 10 years.

Lastly, many of my friends went to Austin and utterly loved the atmosphere and outstanding people there. I am still bummed I couldn't make the trip. See you guys next fall up here in the D.C. area, and best of luck on the rest of your season.

Excellent post, Ah kan coach. Thanks for visiting here. Good luck to the Terps the rest of this season.

Hook'em!

classy post

Thanks for your insight and opinions. I will be following your team with much more interest moving forward(. Next year I plan on making the trip. Good luck to you this year!

Jumping ship on Herman after one game is just as silly as thinking that the same players who went 5-7 and lost to kansas, now with a brand new coaching staff, new offense, new defense was going to dominate any decent/avg opponent. New terminology, new schemes, and learning how to win takes time.

This game reminded me of NC State, Mack's 2nd year opener. Too many mistakes to overcome.

Jumping ship on Herman after one game is just as silly as thinking that the same players who went 5-7 and lost to kansas, now with a brand new coaching staff, new offense, new defense was going to dominate any decent/avg opponent. New terminology, new schemes, and learning how to win takes time.

This game reminded me of NC State, Mack's 2nd year opener. Too many mistakes to overcome.
That reference to the NC State game is a good one. I hope this is not the product that we see on the field all year. If it is we are in deep trouble. Most of us played football at different levels and I can say that I was on teams that won when we should not have and lost when we should not have.......I HOPE this is one of those kind of games for Texas.

Good post Ah Kan....I agree. About that percieved talent gap though....I didnt see it. We dont have anyone to the level of your running back, nor do we have anyone to the level of that LB or Lineman that crashed through us all game.

I wont whine about it, but those Big 10 Refs....Damn! We had ...what...3 offensive pass interferances away from the ball?....everytime we got deep into yalls end?.....anyway...good teams win despite the calls and we are not a good team.

Good luck to ya'll going forward.

Good post Ah Kan....I agree. About that percieved talent gap though....I didnt see it. We dont have anyone to the level of your running back, nor do we have anyone to the level of that LB or Lineman that crashed through us all game.

I wont whine about it, but those Big 10 Refs....Damn! We had ...what...3 offensive pass interferances away from the ball?....everytime we got deep into yalls end?.....anyway...good teams win despite the calls and we are not a good team.

Good luck to ya'll going forward.

Yeah, that rub route was getting called a lot on Saturday -- even though Clemson ran it all night long without getting flagged in the natty title game last season!

All your guys gotta do is sell their routes just a shade longer before starting their rub (they just need to watch some old tape of Wes Welker with the Pats).

But as for receiver, I'd love for my Redskins to get Collin Johnson in the draft, as I envision watching him snag endless end zone corner fade route TDs in the burgundy and gold of D.C. for many years.

Our ILB Jermaine Carter was B1G Honorable Mention the past two years, and is on the Butkus and Bednarik watch lists. He has the speed to play on Sundays, but his 5-11/6-0 height will limit him, though he should get drafted in the middle rounds if he stays healthy and continues to produce.

Our tailback Ty Johnson is a burner for sure, and I just hope he avoids injury with his small frame. His yardage per carry was one of the best in the nation last year, and if he can develop his pass protection and receiving out of the backfield, he has a chance to play on Sundays as well.

Best of luck the rest of the way!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT