ADVERTISEMENT

Would you Move??

Originally posted by Cotton #12:
If someone offered you a 5,000 raise in salary but you would have to live in College Station? Would you take it?
plus all the whiskey I could drink? and a bag of weed now and then...and a get outa jail free card plus all the women I needed, maybe i would, and thats a huge maybe..

Hook'em

I'm retired and would not move there if you gave me a 3,000 sq. ft. house and $5,000 a month. I don't get anywhere near that from my pension. You have to put a price on your happiness and living in BCS is a huge minus. Knowing that every time you left your home, everything you'd see would be cult related. Can't stand to even drive through that dump.

Hope I don't insult anyone, but that's not a big raise. That's not enough to move my family across the street much less College Station.
This post was edited on 2/6 2:48 PM by bubba2023

There's no girls in college station. Only cows and sheep.

Pivot man in a circle jerk. The Aggies hold nothing back and are looking for a few good men to step in for Sumlin when he needs a break.

This post was edited on 2/6 5:18 PM by gonzo__19

This post was edited on 2/7 1:59 AM by gonzo__19

Originally posted by clob94:
There's no girls in college station. Only cows and sheep[/B].

Only Cows and "Scared" sheep.

FIFY;)

Umm no because I would go to jail the minute I set foot in that town....I have been to college station once for a softball tourney and let's just say it wasn't worth it
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If someone offered you a 5,000 raise in salary but you would have to live in College Station? Would you take it?
Did you mean monthly salary?

Either way, for me the answer is hell f***ing no.

Thank you for your replies,I feel if your a longhorn in your heart,then the answer would be HELL NO!!!!! as who would want to see that many Aggies on a daily bases regardless of the money.

Yes. If I made $250/year.

Honestly I have never been. Is it worse than Beaumont or Port Arthur, Texas?

Originally posted by MiccoMacey:

I lived there for two years and loved it, so...absolutely yes.
I'm not so sure about you anymore, Micco.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

MiccoMacey,

Did CS make you homesick for Oklahoma? Are there some similarities between the 2 places? Red Neck ratio, Substandard I.Q's., oral hygiene, group think, trailer parks?

This post was edited on 2/17 2:43 PM by DawgDawson

This post was edited on 2/17 2:48 PM by DawgDawson

You would have to make me a very wealthy man to move to college station. It's like a dumpy suburb, only it's not adjacant to any metropolitan area. It has absolutely nothing to offer except A&M, and for me that's a huge negative. There is nothing unique, pretty, special or interesting about college station. With that said, if you give me a mansion a yaught and a swimming pool (and a fully stocked bar) I can make do just about anywhere.

As a teacher, $5000 isn't something to be sneezed at.

It'd be hard to move to CS, though. Last time I was there, I saw 5 confederate flags. Most of them were in one place, and hopefully that's atypical. Still, I prefer not to be constantly reminded of slavery and racism, or live among such narrow-minded fools.

That said, my current gig has me in Wichita Falls, in the abomination known as "Texhoma." Police corruption seems high in "Wichitaw", based on reports.

You forgot the water shortage and is the Air force base still there?I did not remember any resort area on my last visit which was when the Dallas Cowboys had a training camp at Midwestern. It was damn hot too.

If I were living in Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky, Idaho, Iowa, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio, the the answer would be yes. Any place else and likely answer is hell no.

Hahaha...yeah, it was rough the first year when A&M beat us in college Station, but it got so much easier the next year when we beat them 77-0 in Norman.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

A lot of similarities between Norman and College Station...quiet city, college town, relatively affluent communities. The kids were the most well-mannered kids of all the schools I've ever taught in (Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas). A few knuckleheads, but mainly good kids. Had one kid bring a gun to school with a list of names, but that's the exception to the rule. And he was a good kid when I left (went to Iraq mid-semester). Something just got to him after I left.

It probably helped I was an OU fan and not a Longhorn fan. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, I guess.

I honestly can say I never saw anything overtly racist or anything like that.

Racism is rampant in college station though the keep a pretty tight lid on it. Years ago, I worked with aggy profs helping them with their 403b's and I was blown away by not just the students dropping nbombs at local bars, but some of the profs as well.

Just my experience.

If I owned hell and college station, I would live in hell and rent out college station.

I'm sorry but College Station is not affluent. I've been there a few times. It's a lower middle class community with a state school. It may sound snobby, but it's true.

Used to live near CS. When we needed to shop or buy groceries, it was the place to go. I just remember a few instances....My truck sported a Longhorn decal. Had the truck keyed once and also had the decal and truck smeared with ketchup another time . Now, those were minor to me, but the thing that got me mad were the numerous anti UT remarks made in front of my 4 yr old daughter when we wore burnt orange. Also, at a CS eating establishment, didn't get served once, while wearing UT stuff. Go incognito, CS isn't too bad, I guess.

A positive side, though, is that in Bryan, Sodolaks is a great place to eat.(We weren't kicked out of that place and were welcomed).

This post was edited on 2/8 3:40 PM by hillcountryhorn63697005

You forgot the water shortage and is the Air force base still there?I did not remember any resort area on my last visit which was when the Dallas Cowboys had a training camp at Midwestern. It was damn hot too.
Yeah, I knew about the water shortage when I took this job. Drought level 5 (catastrophe). They recycle waste water. Most people drink bottled, it seems. I filter. Some actually drink the stuff.

Sheppard AFB is alive and well. Airmen, soldiers & sailors still get training at Sheppard.

Midwestern State U is here, too. Ho, hum.

There isn't much of interest here. Little in the way of culture or things to do. Lots of simple folks, just existing. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I miss Austin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT