ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

I assume that it costs the same for each kid no matter what sports they play at IMG? If so, how do some of these kids that go there to play football pay for it? Do $EC schools supplement payments for these kids?

Longhorn MM I just came across this link in the Miami Herald. IMG had 23 players sign loi with P5 schools. By itself it would rank as the 15th ranked class ahead of schools such ND, SC, and WA. And these were schools that have played in at least 1 NY6 bowl game the last 2 years schools that had excellent recruiting classes. They signed with 20 different schools 13 of them with southern schools. 4 were with little ten schools 2 with Pac XII schools. The other signed with Robert Morris University. Interestingly the Big XII has never signed.a player from the IMG. Btw the highest ranked players signed with southern schools.

Longhorn MM I just came across this link in the Miami Herald. IMG had 23 players sign loi with P5 schools. By itself it would rank as the 15th ranked class ahead of schools such ND, SC, and WA. And these were schools that have played in at least 1 NY6 bowl game the last 2 years schools that had excellent recruiting classes. They signed with 20 different schools 13 of them with southern schools. 4 were with little ten schools 2 with Pac XII schools. The other signed with Robert Morris University. Interestingly the Big XII has never signed.a player from the IMG. Btw the highest ranked players signed with southern schools.

Good info, Cali. Something doesn't smell right with the IMG Academy and the $EC.

Big 12 never signed anyone from IMG? OU has Radley-Hiles and Pledger. Both from IMG.

IMG wants access to the kids so they will sign with them when they turn pro. That's The tennis and golf kids who were pro had their academy fees paid for. The u19 national soccer team had their fees paid for by USA soccer. Some kids can get financial aid but IMG has their hands in quite a few jars (Sports, radio broadcast, modeling, acting, media, events) so they can afford to subsidize some kids. They get their money on the back end.

I did a short summer internship and the amount of money running around that place was unreal. Lots of uber rich golf and tennis kids that had no shot at going pro. Lots of the baseball and basketball kids were lower level college prospects. I wasn't around when they started the football program but never underestimate what a rich parent will spend because they believe their kid will be the next great pro player.

Reactions: outhereincali
Radley-Hiles is from the IMG? Good Lord leave it to a bunch of Okies to sign the one mediocre talent from the IMG.

I think he's actually from Nevada, but yeah went to IMG, and must've had those rich parents that thought he was a lot better than he is. Lol

I assume that it costs the same for each kid no matter what sports they play at IMG? If so, how do some of these kids that go there to play football pay for it? Do $EC schools supplement payments for these kids?
I hosted a boy from Madrid who became the #8 tennis player in Texas in 4 tournaments. He won the Brookhaven clay court tournament. The pros offerred him a free ride on the spot. Tennis is like modeling, if you're good enough, everything is free. Academies get publicity, maybe something later.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I hosted a boy from Madrid who became the #8 tennis player in Texas in 4 tournaments. He won the Brookhaven clay court tournament. The pros offerred him a free ride on the spot. Tennis is like modeling, if you're good enough, everything is free. Academies get publicity, maybe something later.

Yea, but can it get you laid?

If I’m not mistaken, isn’t Dele Adeoye from IMG?

Well we all stand corrected. DA is from the IMG presumably our first recruit from there. I don't care how good their players are I'm suspicious of what goes on behind closed doors at the IMG.

Didn’t Braun from GT visit this weekend? Would love to hear some positive vibes on this guy’s interest in Texas. An all-conference player who plays inside on that offense gets me excited about how he might help our running game.

Last edited:
Texas adds 6’7” 330-lbs. JUCO OL Willie Tyler to the 2019 class.

Don’t know much about him, but sounds like he will be a project. Nice to add some more depth and experience to the OL.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ut-his-decision-to-commit-to-Texas-129123099/

He has 4 years to play 3 so definitely a guy that will be more of a contributor down the road. Perhaps even a redshirt this year coming up for him.

With the guys on campus, the 2019 guys coming in soon and great prospects in the 2020 class (not to mention the absolutely loaded 2021 class) our o-line will have talent and depth like we haven't seen in a long time.

He has 4 years to play 3 so definitely a guy that will be more of a contributor down the road. Perhaps even a redshirt this year coming up for him.

With the guys on campus, the 2019 guys coming in soon and great prospects in the 2020 class (not to mention the absolutely loaded 2021 class) our o-line will have talent and depth like we haven't seen in a long time.
With the current state of the OL room, the 2020 haul and the 2021 talent pool, at what point do we have to start worrying about the transfer portal?

With the current state of the OL room, the 2020 haul and the 2021 talent pool, at what point do we have to start worrying about the transfer portal?

You take the best you can get on a yearly basis and let that sort itself out. I bet we do see some transfers over the next few years but that can mostly be a win-win. The kid gets a new opportunity to get PT and the school gets an open scholarship. The biggest downside is that you may lose some depth (see current RB), but with the guys we are bringing in, I don't think that will be a problem.

Reactions: oldhorn2
As of right now our oline depth chart looks something like this.

LT - Sam Cosmi
LG - Parker Braun
C - Zach Shackleford
RG - Junior Angilau
RT - Derek Kerstetter

2nd team
LT - Reese Moore
LG - Tope Imade
C - Rafiti Ghirmai
RG - Denzel Okafor
RT - Christian Jones

3rd Team
LT - Javonne Shepherd
LG - Tyler Johnson
C - JP Urquidez
RG - Isaiah Hookfin
RT - Willie Tyler

I can't remember the last time we had a true 3 deep offensive line. Of course my positions and 3 deep is all speculation, but I'm just happy our 3 deep is actually made up of guys who are on scholarship. Not to be greedy, but I still want 1 more grad transfer, especially if he is a OT.

As of right now our oline depth chart looks something like this.

LT - Sam Cosmi
LG - Parker Braun
C - Zach Shackleford
RG - Junior Angilau
RT - Derek Kerstetter

2nd team
LT - Reese Moore
LG - Tope Imade
C - Rafiti Ghirmai
RG - Denzel Okafor
RT - Christian Jones

3rd Team
LT - Javonne Shepherd
LG - Tyler Johnson
C - JP Urquidez
RG - Isaiah Hookfin
RT - Willie Tyler

I can't remember the last time we had a true 3 deep offensive line. Of course my positions and 3 deep is all speculation, but I'm just happy our 3 deep is actually made up of guys who are on scholarship. Not to be greedy, but I still want 1 more grad transfer, especially if he is a OT.
Is Patrick Hudson's career officially over?

Wasn't sure where to post this but signee Tyler Owens just ran a 10.56 100M at the Texas Relays.
Last week Kelee Ringo who is a top target in 2020 and a Texas lean at this point, ran a wind legal 10.43 100M and a 21.18 wind legal 200M. We are going to have some speedsters on the roster!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT