ADVERTISEMENT

30 for 30 Trojan Horse

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Nicely done. Leinert manned up and I respect him for it. At the end, he said that he was quoted saying that he still believed USC was the better team. He said "he if he could take it back, he would have never said that, Texas was the better team". Classy move, IMHO.

Reactions: Tired Horn
Yes I thought he was good but the whole episode was "lite". Not much substance. Didn't mention who beat them in 2003 (Cal I think). Didn't mention the LSU controversy. Didn't mention the ESPN anointing them the greatest team "ever".

True. But, on the other hand, it did have a very good dose of Texas in it.

Were the USC song girls in the documentary? There can be no documentary on USC fb without the song girls I won't watch it.

The Lendale White quote about USC being surprised at how fast Texas was just goes to show how talented that Texas squad was up and down the roster. Back in '05 the prevailing thought was that Texas was pretty much a one man team. We now know that definitely wasn't the case.

35 played in at least one NFL game, 25 were drafted (6 first round picks), 18 of starting 22 became multi-year NFL players, 6 Pro Bowl Players, 18 overall NFL starters

If you really break it down by talent then it wasn't just that there was individual NFL talent on the roster, entire positional units of that '05 team was made up of NFL starters. The entire OL, DL, and defensive secondary, as well as 2-deep at QB and 3 deep at RB.

A good argument could be made that the '05 team was easily one of the top 10 most talented college teams of all time.

Nicely done. Leinert manned up and I respect him for it. At the end, he said that he was quoted saying that he still believed USC was the better team. He said "he if he could take it back, he would have never said that, Texas was the better team". Classy move, IMHO.
Snoop Dog was the cherry on top. Your school's celebrity reps are Will Ferrell, OJ Simpson and Snoop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT