ADVERTISEMENT

4* Tyler Owens commits to Texas

i want offensive lineman

Actually I can respect this staff for waiting on bringing in more ol. OL are the position where busts happen more than any other position. We have offers out to the dead ringers and are waiting on development of the others coming along. They are turning over every rock. If there was a position that mack laid the most eggs, it was recruiting OL. Next was qb. We lost Bragg to Stanford as well as little last year. What you gonna do? Don't make mistakes.

Actually I can respect this staff for waiting on bringing in more ol. OL are the position where busts happen more than any other position. We have offers out to the dead ringers and are waiting on development of the others coming along. They are turning over every rock. If there was a position that mack laid the most eggs, it was recruiting OL. Next was qb. We lost Bragg to Stanford as well as little last year. What you gonna do? Don't make mistakes.

I think cosmi was 4* but he was a late bloomer.

cosmi was a 3 star. and yea i just think we need numbers on oline. we only have 8 lineman listed on the depth chart. we are 1 rolled ankle away from the shit show we had last year on the oline

Have you guys been on Owens for a while, or did he just shoot up the charts? I keep up with in state recruiting fairly closely and he seems to have somehow have flown under my radar. Is he having a huge senior year or maybe I just missed him somehow. Looks like a nice athlete.

Blew the doors off the UT summer camp and offered on the spot.
Currently ranked #74 in the entire nation by 247

Reactions: mm42
We are losing a lot after this year gentlemen:
Off: Vahe/Anderson/Rodriguez, Watson, Beck/Burt/Heard
Def: Omenihu/Hager/Nelson/Chisolm, Wheeler/Johnson, Boyd/Davis/Locke

My preferential order of need for 2019: 1) DL 2) OL 3) LB 4)TE 5) Athlete 6) pickem QB,RB,DB,WR

Would love to land some Clemson/bama style defensive linemen. If we are going to continue in with the 3 down lineman, I don't think we have a choice, but, to upgrade here fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
We are losing a lot after this year gentlemen:
Off: Vahe/Anderson/Rodriguez, Watson, Beck/Burt/Heard
Def: Omenihu/Hager/Nelson/Chisolm, Wheeler/Johnson, Boyd/Davis/Locke

It looks like a lot, but it's really not that bad.

OFFENSE:

Vahe still hasn't impressed me.

Anderson, yes, LT will be crucial.

Rodriguez. meh.

Watson, better RB already waiting for him to get out of the way. We upgrade here.

Beck, better TEs already waiting for him to get out of the way. Yes, TEs plural. Big time upgrade here.

Burt and Heard? Nah, lose a lot more if CJ leaves early. Still, we're loaded and reloading at WR. No worries whatsoever.

DEFENSE:

Omenihu and Brenda can't leave soon enough for me. Both average at best. Easily replaced.

I like Nelson, but I believe Coburn will be an upgrade.

Chisholm...uh...who?

Wheeler and Johnson, yes, huge loss, but I think we'll be okay.

Boyd?
200.gif

Davis is s much bigger loss than Boyd, but Cook and Green will be an upgrade at corner.

Locke? Meh. Secondary I'm not worried about at all.

Yes, both lines, as always, need to be hit hard. We've got to load up on the line.

Last edited:
It looks like a lot, but it's really not that bad.

OFFENSE:

Vahe still hasn't impressed me.

Anderson, yes, LT will be crucial.

Rodriguez. meh.

Watson, better RB already waiting for him to get out of the way. We upgrade here.

Beck, better TEs already waiting for him to get out of the way. Yes, TEs plural. Big time upgrade here.

Burt and Heard? Nah, lose a lot more if CJ leaves early. Still, we're loaded and reloading at WR. No worries whatsoever.

DEFENSE:

Omenihu and Brenda can't leave soon enough for me. Both average at best. Easily replaced.

I like Nelson, but I believe Coburn will be an upgrade.

Chisholm...uh...who?

Wheeler and Johnson, yes, huge loss, but I think we'll be okay.

Boyd?
200.gif

Davis is s much bigger loss than Boyd, but Cook and Green will be an upgrade at corner.

Locke? Meh. Secondary I'm not worried about at all.

Yes, both lines, as always, need to be hit hard. We've got to load up on the line.
I don't disagree with most of what you posted, but, my angle is twofold. First, it has been nice for a change to have some upperclassmen that actually have experience. They may not be the best in the nation or even the Big 12, but, they are decent and are doing a fair job. Second, Are the players coming in to replace these seniors that big of an improvement? Maybe a little, but, certainly not a lot. In additiion, who will provide depth for injury, rotation in the DL to keep them fresh?

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Have you guys been on Owens for a while, or did he just shoot up the charts? I keep up with in state recruiting fairly closely and he seems to have somehow have flown under my radar. Is he having a huge senior year or maybe I just missed him somehow. Looks like a nice athlete.
6'3" 205 runs a legit 10.34 100. I think they have the ranking due to potential

I don't disagree with most of what you posted, but, my angle is twofold. First, it has been nice for a change to have some upperclassmen that actually have experience. They may not be the best in the nation or even the Big 12, but, they are decent and are doing a fair job. Second, Are the players coming in to replace these seniors that big of an improvement? Maybe a little, but, certainly not a lot. In additiion, who will provide depth for injury, rotation in the DL to keep them fresh?

DT: Coburn, Wilbon, Giles, Graham

DE: Bimage, Ojomo, Michael Williams, Daniel Carson, and I believe Roach ends up back here.

LB: Shark, Ossai, Overshown, Adeoye

We already have some nice front seven commits in Sweat, Floyd, Tillman, and Mpagi.

We keep winning, the rest will take care of itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT