ADVERTISEMENT

5+7 Model 12 Team Playoff Approved

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I am not sure if I fully understand, but I cut and pasted this: Under the 5-7 postseason format starting this fall, the four highest-ranked conference champions will be seeded one through four, and each team will get a first-round bye. Then, seeds 5,6,7 and 8 will get to play a home game for the 1st week against seeds 9-12.
  • No.5 seed vs. No.12 seed
  • No. 6 seed vs. No. 11 seed
  • No.7 seed vs. No. 10 seed
  • No. 8 seed vs. No. 9 seed
How would it have looked if the 12 team playoff were in effect this last season? I took the week 15 rankings which was before any bowl games were played and this is what we would have seen:
Week 1
#1. Michigan bye
#2. Washington bye
#3. Texas bye
#4. Alabama bye
#5. FSU at home vs #12ou
#6. Georgia at home vs #11 Ole Miss
#7. tOSU at home vs #10 Penn St
#8. Oregon at home vs #9 Mizzou

Quarters
#1 Michigan vs the Oregon/Mizzou winner
#2 Washington vs tOSU/PSU winner
#3 Texas vs Georgia/Ole Miss winner. (Ouch)
#4 Alabama vs FSU/ou winner (Luckiest)

Who do you have for the semi's and finals?

Texas v Mich
Washington v tOSU

finals Texas v Washington and because the game was played ill say Washington wins it all

I think Texas would have beat Mich this year. We were built for that kind of team.

Texas v Mich
Washington v tOSU

finals Texas v Washington and because the game was played ill say Washington wins it all

I think Texas would have beat Mich this year. We were built for that kind of team.
I think it comes down to Texas vs OSU in 2024. They're the 2 most talented teams out there especially the OSU defense. Michigan will take a few steps back this year as they got wiped out on offense and don't have the people in placevtonreplace them.

I think it comes down to Texas vs OSU in 2024. They're the 2 most talented teams out there especially the OSU defense. Michigan will take a few steps back this year as they got wiped out on offense and don't have the people in placevtonreplace them.
I think it will be Texas vs tOSU or

Texas vs Miami ( my dark horse this year)

Texas vs Miami gives me nightmares….
When they net at midfield I knew we were in trouble.
I was barely out of college that year, but I had no illusion Texas had a chance and then Stan Thomas poking the bear only made things worse-so dumb.

It doesn't matter who they are Texas will beat em anyway. Can they beat us?
Michigan? No
Oklahoma? No
Georgia'? No
Hookemhorns

I was barely out of college that year, but I had no illusion Texas had a chance and then Stan Thomas poking the bear only made things worse-so dumb.
Yep. Stan should be in the dictionary as an example for the phrase “even though it’s true, maybe you shouldn’t say it”.
In his defense though, that Miami team was probably going to win by 40 anyway. They were loaded.

Something about that game that hasn't been talked about but it's true. Our boys partied hard in Dallas the week before the game. The coaches and players lost sight of the face were here on business and to win the game. We were totally unprepared.

Miami was the opposite. They were here on business and win a game. They're were totally prepared. How could our team have such a casual attitude towards that Miami team. I blame our team for that.

It wouldn’t matter if our guys had been locked in their rooms. Miami was going to blast us no matter what.

I am not sure if I fully understand, but I cut and pasted this: Under the 5-7 postseason format starting this fall, the four highest-ranked conference champions will be seeded one through four, and each team will get a first-round bye. Then, seeds 5,6,7 and 8 will get to play a home game for the 1st week against seeds 9-12.
  • No.5 seed vs. No.12 seed
  • No. 6 seed vs. No. 11 seed
  • No.7 seed vs. No. 10 seed
  • No. 8 seed vs. No. 9 seed
How would it have looked if the 12 team playoff were in effect this last season? I took the week 15 rankings which was before any bowl games were played and this is what we would have seen:
Week 1
#1. Michigan bye
#2. Washington bye
#3. Texas bye
#4. Alabama bye
#5. FSU at home vs #12ou
#6. Georgia at home vs #11 Ole Miss
#7. tOSU at home vs #10 Penn St
#8. Oregon at home vs #9 Mizzou

Quarters
#1 Michigan vs the Oregon/Mizzou winner
#2 Washington vs tOSU/PSU winner
#3 Texas vs Georgia/Ole Miss winner. (Ouch)
#4 Alabama vs FSU/ou winner (Luckiest)

Who do you have for the semi's and finals?
Looking at your predictions and I think gosh how many times do you get the opportunity to play Georgia twice in a season? Not many and I hope we don't have to again 😂

Looking at the playoffs now that the Pac XII has disbanded who's going to get in? It was supposed to be two teams from each P5 conference and two teams from other conferences. So are we not going to see any teams like Tulane anymore? And isn't the Big XII allowed to two teams in the playoffs?

Looking at the playoffs now that the Pac XII has disbanded who's going to get in? It was supposed to be two teams from each P5 conference and two teams from other conferences. So are we not going to see any teams like Tulane anymore? And isn't the Big XII allowed to two teams in the playoffs?
The four highest rated conference champions get the bye. After that, it is simoly a rankings decision. Probably it will look like 3-4 sec/3 B10/2-3acc/1-2 B12 / maybe Mt West or AAC geta a team in and then the notre dame issue.

The four highest rated conference champions get the bye. After that, it is simoly a rankings decision. Probably it will look like 3-4 sec/3 B10/2-3acc/1-2 B12 / maybe Mt West or AAC geta a team in and then the notre dame issue.
But aren't the get of 5 conferences allowed at least 2 teams? And I don't know who in the new Big XII will make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT